Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, egg_fried_rice said:

Think it should've been a yellow, but you can see why it was given and it's never getting overturned. Moronic decision to make a challenge like that it that situation, Fulham were right in the game and probably should've been one up.

Nope. You're first point is right. Everything else you've said is why the wrong decisions are made.

Just now, filbertway said:

Chance to look at that and still a red. VAR is a failed experiment 

They barely even looked at it. The ref didn’t even go to the monitor unless I missed it. Compare that to how long they reviewed the Shaw one which was the same but he got a yellow. Just goes to show the corrupt state of VAR.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

It's a red because Azpilicueta is screaming around on the floor. Fine now I see. He jumps in the air to make it look worse. 

He’s bloody lucky to half skip that challenge tbf.

If his leg was planted, Robinson would have probably snapped it in half.

Out of control and reckless.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

They barely even looked at it. The ref didn’t even go to the monitor unless I missed it. Compare that to how long they reviewed the Shaw one which was the same but he got a yellow. Just goes to show the corrupt state of VAR.

They saw as much as we did.

The problem is the commentators and ref both though it should be a red, for the same reasons the chap above said. "I think it's a yellow but I've seen a red given".

Surprised at all the comments saying it’s not a red

Law 12 states

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

13 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Also Tyler does this weird thing before games where he goes “AND IT’S LIVE” as if it is some catchphrase that we are all gagging to hear. 

It used to occur before an advert break. Now he shouts it then they cut to the players just standing around.

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Law 12 states

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Think the issue. As ever. Is inconsistency. Luke Shaw will be on the pitch tomorrow when he should be serving a 3 match ban

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Law 12 states

So you can put in a perfectly timed challenge that wins the ball and gets a red. If tackle that is hard regardless of result is a red then fair play. 

23 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Very much the former. Once we get out of lockdown, get the fans back and can have a normal break and pre-season things will be much better for everyone involved. 

FWIW, as a neutral looking in, that sounds about right. 

As long as there's no falling out in the squad and he keeps everyone on side I imagine you're right. 

You've got the advantage of knowing the relegation places are already more of less wrapped up so it's basically a free season tbh. 

• Like 1