urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Anyone else watch BT Sport's version of Final Score?

I don't usually, thought I'd give it a try. 

Chris Sutton is actually unbearable.

Hates anyone else having an opinion. Loves to speak over everyone and interrupt, especially Rachel Brown-Finnis and Jules Breach, let alone any other guest/pundit. 

He just can't help himself. It's quite disturbing.

Haha. It's tongue in cheek. He takes the contrary role to savage, the presenter Daryl and any other  studio pundits just for fun.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

Give Steve Bruce 300million and Newcastle wouldn’t be 14th. People moan about alladyce and his boring football but wolves play the most boring football in the league for me and have for over a year now.

Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story! 

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Not popular to say this, but I enjoy the constant husband and wife, jack & vera sniping, nagging  of Sutton and Savagebon BT Sport Score. 

Has me laughing every week.

If you take Sutton for exactly what he is, a half decent ex pro who loves a windup and has a good sense of humour then you learn to eventually enjoy his punditry. Don’t know why people take the pundits dead seriously, not everything they say isn’t meant to be taken literally. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Haha. It's tongue in cheek. He takes the contrary role to savage, the presenter Daryl and any other  studio pundits just for fun.

Gets so tiresome. The odd time, I can understand, but when they did the '5 best managers around' thing, he was always the first one to interrupt. Would have loved to see his face when Rachel shut him down briefly!

Dug his own hole as well when he picked Roy Hodgson as the best English manager around, and then put Gerrard in his top 5 and not Hodgson lol 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

If you take Sutton for exactly what he is, a half decent ex pro who loves a windup and has a good sense of humour then you learn to eventually enjoy his punditry. Don’t know why people take the pundits dead seriously, not everything they say isn’t meant to be taken literally. 

The best thing Sutton has done on tv is get slide tackled that time. 

6 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Clown pundits - no thanks.

If only football could find a genuinely amusing (and informative) broadcaster like David ‘Bumble’ Lloyd (cricket) or Wayne ‘Radar’ Riley  (golf) instead of a couple of obnoxious loudmouth braggers like Sutton and Savage...

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anyone else watch BT Sport's version of Final Score?

I don't usually, thought I'd give it a try. 

Chris Sutton is actually unbearable.

Hates anyone else having an opinion. Loves to speak over everyone and interrupt, especially Rachel Brown-Finnis and Jules Breach, let alone any other guest/pundit. 

He just can't help himself. It's quite disturbing.

His pantomime villain act wears thin quite quickly and it's a shame because its improved so much as a programme.

39 minutes ago, kingfox said:

But Leeds are so good to watch and have a genius as manager.

Biggest frauds to ever step foot in the Prem.

Leeds are not bigging themselves up, it's the press who want to show how football savvy they are by heaping praise on them.

Edited by gurru991
34 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Clown pundits - no thanks.

If only football could find a genuinely amusing (and informative) broadcaster like David ‘Bumble’ Lloyd (cricket) or Wayne ‘Radar’ Riley  (golf) instead of a couple of obnoxious loudmouth braggers like Sutton and Savage...

Fair enough, each to their own. I like to watch people on the tele with a bit about them. I think Sutton has got enough substance and decent analysis to go with  his humour. 

• Like 1

Maybe, just maybe, Karen Carney wasn't talking so much bullshit a few weeks back.

Bielsa's style of management is known for its small squad and high intensity training, and dropping off late in the season. Last year they got a break and finished the season strongly, but they've had the second half of the last season pretty much tagged onto the start of this one and the burn out might be starting early.

• Like 1