Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

And if Spurs win tomorrow the "title decider" becomes 1st vs 4th 

I think Man City will be in the top two eventually but Sky are desperate for a Liverpool- Man United only title race.

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Living in another country as well, and struggling for form, in a time of isolation for almost everyone (even if they can train, they can't be out and about in shops/bars etc) ... wouldn't surprise me if its very tough on Werner mentally.

Forget club allegiances for a moment, I hope he's holding up okay.

Spare me the 'ok, sunflake' stuff. Yes, he's wealthy and 99.99 % he's probably absolutely fine, but I'm just saying I feel for him.

He’s been criticised in the past for his personality. Not particularly fair but why some clubs didn’t fancy him 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He’s been criticised in the past for his personality. Not particularly fair but why some clubs didn’t fancy him 

I couldn't comment on that - he's a good footballer though and if Chelsea have anything about them; they'll manage him through it and reap the rewards.

I'd take him in a heartbeat (providing that he's not a bad apple as has been hinted)

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Living in another country as well, and struggling for form, in a time of isolation for almost everyone (even if they can train, they can't be out and about in shops/bars etc) ... wouldn't surprise me if its very tough on Werner mentally.

Forget club allegiances for a moment, I hope he's holding up okay.

Spare me the 'ok, sunflake' stuff. Yes, he's wealthy and 99.99 % he's probably absolutely fine, but I'm just saying I feel for him.

Agreed with this

I do wonder if wolves players are suffering this being so far away from family in portugal etc

5 minutes ago, twister said:

Agreed with this

I do wonder if wolves players are suffering this being so far away from family in portugal etc

Nuno certainly is. He has his son living with him but he's about to go off to university. He hasn't seen the rest of his family in months. 

What's this don't celebrate too close together thing really all about?

Players run around shoulder to shoulder, grappling on corners and roll around in eachothers spit on the pitch. Train & travel together in air conditioned buses ect. Share baths, showers. More spit all over the ball.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Nuno certainly is. He has his son living with him but he's about to go off to university. He hasn't seen the rest of his family in months. 

Having not seen any of my family or friends since December 2019, I can confirm it's tough. At least they've got each other at the club for support. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Having not seen any of my family or friends since December 2019, I can confirm it's tough. At least they've got each other at the club for support. 

Yeah I wouldn't have any sympathy for footballers to be honest. 

Paid handsomely, and that DOES matter especially in the context of the current climate, and able to work. Tonnes of them are openly flouting the rules - though not to suggest all are - and they're able to go to work and see their colleagues. They even touch one another regularly. 

But the poor darlings must be suffering in their ****ing mansions with little to no change in lifestyle. The heart bleeds. 

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Yeah I wouldn't have any sympathy for footballers to be honest. 

Paid handsomely, and that DOES matter especially in the context of the current climate, and able to work. Tonnes of them are openly flouting the rules - though not to suggest all are - and they're able to go to work and see their colleagues. They even touch one another regularly. 

But the poor darlings must be suffering in their ****ing mansions with little to no change in lifestyle. The heart bleeds. 

I do have sympathy though, because regardless of the pay check they're still people who might be 100's of miles from family and haven't seen them for months. Yes, you're absolutely going to be more comfortable in a mansion than a small house but it doesn't mean someone like Nuno doesn't feel the effects of separation from his family. Obviously none of them are struggling to pay the bills but it can still have an impact. My income has no bearing on how much I'm missing my friends and family currently, they might be the same.

10 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I do have sympathy though, because regardless of the pay check they're still people who might be 100's of miles from family and haven't seen them for months. Yes, you're absolutely going to be more comfortable in a mansion than a small house but it doesn't mean someone like Nuno doesn't feel the effects of separation from his family. Obviously none of them are struggling to pay the bills but it can still have an impact. My income has no bearing on how much I'm missing my friends and family currently, they might be the same.

There are millions in furlough that are, by government mandate, prevented from going to work. 

Footballers not only go to work, they're handsomely paid and they're exempt from what seems like most rules of pandemic society. For gods sake Vardy has had a hair cut. Something I cannot do without breaking some law or other. 

Sorry. There are too many far worse off for them to get any sympathy. I've lived half the world from my family before. Use skype.