Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, Halifax Fox said:

VAR is an absolute joke. Sucking the life out of the game. Along with playing on when a move is clearly offside. How has football come to this. Rubbish.

I agree with the opinion that VAR has sucked the life out of the game.  I hate the regular interruption of play for review.  Things are just as bad in American sports, and I also hate it there.

• Like 4

Just now, davieG said:

I’m waiting for a serious injury to occur when they play on through an obvious off side. Not in any ghoulish way.

But that's what it will take for them to ditch the idea. Obviously it'll need to be an injury to a Liverpool or Man U player for it to be taken seriously. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fox_up_north said:

Bloody hell that is absolutely shameful. That's the kind of goal that gives a lad confidence. 

Absolutely ridiculous. I was in favour of VAR but tbh I just want it scrapped now. At least when mistakes were made they had excuses. 

That's why I don't want VAR scrapped.  In the past,  when they cheated, they had excuses. Now they don't. Hopefully that will filter through to less cheating. 

27 minutes ago, Langston said:

That wasn't what you said though? They've proven they can act quickly (I didn't say the decision was incorrect, and FWIW I don't think Nuno should be given the chop either).

It wasn't rash with Zenga. We were nothing but rubbish under him. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Am I missing something?

43942534-FBC9-46C6-848D-94EBEBE1808A.jpeg.260f59fc98ba831a8cdbd9e1a346daac.jpeg

Even with all the permutations and contortions of the offside rules since VAR ...

I have never, ever heard or read a single one under which that is offside.

46 minutes ago, Vazman said:

No way Nuno gets the sack, out of all the Managers In the Prem aside from our BR he is the most honest one, never complains or boasts unless absolutely necessary. He has done wonders at Wolves imo, my son supports Wolves so watched plenty of matches at the Molineux and had some great days out.. Obviously when it doesn't impede the Leicester games.

You sir, have failed in your duty.

• Like 3

Sorry but that's offside. 

The yellow line is Fred's left foot. Draw a line vertically down from just past the Saints players left shoulder and its ahead of the yellow line. The angle makes it look onside but it isn't. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1