Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Anybody taking West Ham as a threat? I keep dismissing them but they keep getting points.

I wonder when they'll tail away probably how the Manchester clubs and Liverpool wonder when we'll tail away.

As much as I don't like West Ham, it is better than seeing the likes of Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea occupy the spaces.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

Anybody taking West Ham as a threat? I keep dismissing them but they keep getting points.

I remember thinking our result v them was an absolute disaster at the time. Actually looking like not that much of a shock result anymore. 

The table and situation means it's difficult for anyone to put a run together, so MC and WHU have to be respected, as well as us (only the one loss in a while). The longer it goes on like this, the more points will be shared about, the less impact x team winning will have when they can lose to y next time. Pretty fascinating. That's what makes our result tonight so important - can we avoid blinking longer than the rest?

I'm not sure this makes much sense but I'll give it a go...

• Like 3

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Everton win there 2 in hand they go level with us albiet one is against Man city but still, anything could happen just got to keep winning

And the other is Villa away. 

Man Utd v Everton and Liverpool v Man City this weekend.

Great chance for us with a game against an out of form Wolves.

Edited by ttfn

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

Everton win there 2 in hand they go level with us albiet one is against Man city but still, anything could happen bad or good just got to keep winning

It's very unlikely we'll win the league with how Man City are now in shit hot form, so I wouldn't be averse to them hammering Everton whenever they play each other. One less challenger to our top 4/6 European spots the better.

• Like 2

Just now, ttfn said:

Man Utd v Everton and Liverpool v Man City this weekend.

Great chance for us with a game against an out of fork Wolves.

Who do we want to win in those games?

Man City and Man Utd/draw for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Man City win - we ain't catching them imho. The other fixture cannot really have a bad outcome for us, but draw is best.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 1

Just now, Koke said:

Man City and United. I think both will be ahead of us come the end of the season.

I want Man City to beat Everton in their game in hand too, every little result that helps us get 4th is most welcome, forget the league title.

• Like 1

Still think some of the praise for Man City is OTT. If they'd been made to play those games that they conveniently postponed despite their Covid outbreak being almost completely self-inflicted, I'm not so sure they'd be in this rich vein of form. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

The title is a pipe dream given Man City’s strength in depth and to be honest it would feel totally hollow to me given how the season’s panned out.

I’m hoping for top 4 and a full King Power for the Champions League group stages in September. Maybe that’s a pipe dream too.

Man City and Man Utd for me.

Edited by ttfn