Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

10 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I think Newcastle  as well but there is a huge gap between the bottom three and the rest of the league. Not saying Never but I don't see any of the bottom three making the great escape this season.

I didn't expect Liverpool to lose two at home on the bounce but they did :P

I hear what you're saying though, tend to agree but it was an 'if' they did it, at whose expense would it be.

2 minutes ago, Sydney_Blue said:

I can't go beyond our success in 2014/2015 and as such never write anything off as impossible. TBH I would love for Sheff Utd to pull it out of the bag. They were a breath of fresh air last season. Hard yards this season but at least they're now pulling together.

As long as they get at least 1 more point this season so Derby are still stuck with that record

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Lingard's become a joke figure but I think being out of Man United and playing every week will see him deliver.

West Ham are a real threat to the top four.

Like Ross Barkley and Dele Alli. Both scored goals in the past too, although Lingard has been pretty abysmal in spells as well. Solid signing and they aren't going anywhere are West Ham, we will need 70+ points, possibly 75 for top 4.

12 minutes ago, casablancas said:

That Souchek goal was excellent. 

He’s just an excellent player. He’s one of the main reasons West Ham have kicked on and the key reason Moyes has got back to playing the football he played in his Everton days. He’s the new Fellaini for Moyes, they’re the perfect fit! 

Destined for a big move in the future for sure. His mate at right back as some signing for a couple of million too! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Like Ross Barkley and Dele Alli. Both scored goals in the past too, although Lingard has been pretty abysmal in spells as well. Solid signing and they aren't going anywhere are West Ham, we will need 70+ points, possibly 75 for top 4.

Wouldn't mind us having a look at Barkley in the summer, think he's destined to move to Villa on a perm though, got a feeling he loves it there.

75 points means winning 11 out of the remaining 16 games:surrender:

It would be nice if Everton and WHU would lose a couple in a row, hopefully that happens this month, as both have some tough games coming up. Honestly, a win against Wolves would be a massive result, means we could be perfectly happy with a point against Liverpool (although I pray to God we go at them and beat them for once).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AjcW said:

He’s just an excellent player. He’s one of the main reasons West Ham have kicked on and the key reason Moyes has got back to playing the football he played in his Everton days. He’s the new Fellaini for Moyes, they’re the perfect fit! 

Destined for a big move in the future for sure. His mate at right back as some signing for a couple of million too! 

Yh coufal has been excellent. He’s a very solid and reliable defender reminds me of Simpson as he’s not great going forward but doesn’t matter as much because he gives u a 7/8 most weeks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

West Ham's Czech footballers have been wonders this season, maybe we should look at some East Europeans such strong solid understated players.

Hopefully not a sign of the troubles we might face against Slavia Prague in a few weeks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turkish14 said:

Just highlights to me, that we will loose a few more games yet, but so will others. So talks of not being good enough when we lose, is way OTT

simply and obviously put, we just need to lose less than the rest. 

Good point but the problem we have is some of our knee jerk ‘ supporters ‘ think we should win every game forever Amen. One clown 🤡 wrote yesterday’ crap team Rodgers don’t know what he’s doing ‘ and that’s before a ball was kicked

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

West Ham's Czech footballers have been wonders this season, maybe we should look at some East Europeans such strong solid understated players.

Agree. Lets get more Austrians in.

9 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Wouldn't mind us having a look at Barkley in the summer, think he's destined to move to Villa on a perm though, got a feeling he loves it there.

75 points means winning 11 out of the remaining 16 games:surrender:

It would be nice if Everton and WHU would lose a couple in a row, hopefully that happens this month, as both have some tough games coming up. Honestly, a win against Wolves would be a massive result, means we could be perfectly happy with a point against Liverpool (although I pray to God we go at them and beat them for once).

The average of the last 11 seasons for top 4 is 69 and the highest is 76. 

If we use 69 as a line, it's 9 wins. We have to see off the bottom half pretty much - that's the simple way of looking at it. Our first half of the season was pretty much superb against the bottom half - Pld 10 W 8 D 1 L 1 - 25 out of 30. 

If we repeat the first half of the season, it's 77 points. Ironically we are a point up the points for the first half. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The average of the last 11 seasons for top 4 is 69 and the highest is 76. 

If we use 69 as a line, it's 9 wins. We have to see off the bottom half pretty much - that's the simple way of looking at it. Our first half of the season was pretty much superb against the bottom half - Pld 10 W 8 D 1 L 1 - 25 out of 30. 

If we repeat the first half of the season, it's 77 points. Ironically we are a point up the points for the first half. 

There will be a lot more unknowns this season though. It could well be quite interesting how things at the bottom play out and how that effects overall performances of the sides immediately above the bottom three. Right now those bottom 3 teams looked doomed though there is a long way to go. We will know more in the next 5 games. If they remain cut off then sides above them will possibly be safe with as few as 30 points. How will teams play who aren't going to go down but can't achieve anything else with maybe quite a few games to go. Will they relax and play better or basically be on the theoretical beach earlier than normal?  There could be a far greater influence in disinterested teams in the run in than is normally the case. Has there been a season where the bottom 3 look likely relegated teams this early in the season?

1 minute ago, reynard said:

There will be a lot more unknowns this season though. It could well be quite interesting how things at the bottom play out and how that effects overall performances of the sides immediately above the bottom three. Right now those bottom 3 teams looked doomed though there is a long way to go. We will know more in the next 5 games. If they remain cut off then sides above them will possibly be safe with as few as 30 points. How will teams play who aren't going to go down but can't achieve anything else with maybe quite a few games to go. Will they relax and play better or basically be on the theoretical beach earlier than normal?  There could be a far greater influence in disinterested teams in the run in than is normally the case. Has there been a season where the bottom 3 look likely relegated teams this early in the season?

The figure will be high for sure - bottom 3 aren't taking points 

I know we laugh at Liverpool and how the media loved talking about their injuries but they are royally ****ed in central defence and I hope we take advantage when we play them. They also effectively lose Henderson in central midfield.

It would be like us having to play two of Morgan, Daniel A and Ndidi in central defence between now and the end of the season. Thats not a slight on them, they just arent Evans, Soyuncu and Fofana and we'd lose Ndidi in central mid.

Edited by Nalis