Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

FA Cup next week.

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Don’t we play them in the cup 

1 minute ago, zorro en españa said:

Think you’ll find we’re playing them next Wednesday ..... FAC 

My bad... Completely forgot FA cup was midweek... 

34 minutes ago, ttfn said:

The title is a pipe dream given Man City’s strength in depth and to be honest it would feel totally hollow to me given how the season’s panned out.

I’m hoping for top 4 and a full King Power for the Champions League group stages in September. Maybe that’s a pipe dream too.

Man City and Man Utd for me.

Winning the title, even in this season, would certainly not be hollow. 

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

West Ham's next two games are Fulham and Sheff U.

:nigel:

They could easily be ahead of us after those 2 games, given we've got Wolves away and Liverpool at home.

Those are games that can be lost or drawn - nothing is a given, especially this season.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Corky said:

Lingard's become a joke figure but I think being out of Man United and playing every week will see him deliver.

West Ham are a real threat to the top four.

I don't think they're a threat to the top four. They'll hit a rough patch and it'll take Moyes time to calm stuff back down and progress by which point the top four will be gone. They've also had a relatively easy run, the big-ish teams they have met they've lost.  

29 minutes ago, Corky said:

Lingard's become a joke figure but I think being out of Man United and playing every week will see him deliver.

West Ham are a real threat to the top four.

Does anyone think Lingard may have been the signing we needed this window, or will his performance tonight turn out to be a flash in the pan?

Edited by deep blue
Spelling

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Bottom 3 stays as it is for me now, Newcastle will scrape a couple of wins and a couple of draws to stay up.

I know this is half me winding up my mate who's a massive Toon fan but they could go all this month without a win. Depending how Southampton bounce back. ManU, Chelsea, Wolves. It would only need 7 points for Fulham to be right in it and pull them into the relegation danger-zone.... danger-zone. Plus they have a game in hand. I don't want to see them go down tbh (just their endless moping does my head in) but I'd happily spend a couple of weekends listening to 606 as NUFC fans phone in berating Bruce while Sutton/Savage endlessly make excuses for their mate.  

These are the results that demoralise the strugglers. They'd be looking at Brighton playing Tottenham and Liverpool and thinking they might get one point at most. To get six is a huge blow. That draw between West Brom and Fulham, plus Fulham's two draws with Brighton, have made their task so much harder.

I can't see any of the bottom three doing enough to stay up from here.

23 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Which team would drop into bottom three if Sheffield move up the League table

That’s the issue, that’s why it seems so unlikely. Wolves, Newcastle, Burnley and even Southampton. It would only take one of them to go on an absolutely shocking run of form and Sheffield United to pick up 4 or 5 wins and all of a sudden it’s anything to play for. As I say unlikely but it’s the most likely scenario I can see of one of the bottom three getting out of it.

8 minutes ago, Sydney_Blue said:

Newcastle most probably if Sheff U were to string some results together. We've all seen stranger things happen!!

From my Sheff Utd supporting friend "In 1990-91 we had 4 points after 16 games and eventually finished 13th (obviously no one ever mentions that because football only began in 1992)" 

So he hasn't given up hope.

4 minutes ago, Sydney_Blue said:

Newcastle most probably if Sheff U were to string some results together. We've all seen stranger things happen!!

I think Newcastle  as well but there is a huge gap between the bottom three and the rest of the league. Not saying Never but I don't see any of the bottom three making the great escape this season.

Lingard is a good signing for West Ham, didn’t do it for us when on loan but has delivered some good performances for Yanited.

Gets bad press, deservedly so for his cringey dancing celebrations and hand shakes but he’s a good player.

Love that WHU are doing well and challenging the top 6, anything to help ruin Sky’s ‘top 6’ agenda is fine by me ( as long as finish below us!)

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, trabuch said:

From my Sheff Utd supporting friend "In 1990-91 we had 4 points after 16 games and eventually finished 13th (obviously no one ever mentions that because football only began in 1992)" 

So he hasn't given up hope.

I can't go beyond our success in 2014/2015 and as such never write anything off as impossible. TBH I would love for Sheff Utd to pull it out of the bag. They were a breath of fresh air last season. Hard yards this season but at least they're now pulling together.