Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, glenny_fox said:

Was che Adams goal disallowed just because he wore a long sleeve top? As doesn't the line usually go to above their elbow rather than the wrist?

Var in principal should work, but the morons controlling it literally have no clue. How the hell have they managed to get technology designed to take controversy out of the game, and make the game more controversial than ever?

those lines were being moved in the var box but somebody it was obviuous

its a clown show and again I am going to watch less games because of it

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

People look down on Italian football after Calciopoli and many were sniffy about the cheating that went on there, safe in the knowledge that it will never happen here with English referees.....except I really believe it is happening.

At least the Italian FA had the balls to investigate it and to hand out bans and even relegate Juve. You look at some decisions that have been made this season and they're literally inexplicable. Does anything ever happen? No. 

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but it's happening right in front of us! If Italian referees were prepared to accept bribes, what makes us think that English referees are so morally superior that they wouldn't? 

I believe its not that its not happening but that we cant prove it

I know in my heart the truth and it aint pleasn't. Again for me, after this season I am considering drifting of to none league

• Like 1

VAR videos need to show the ref watching on screen all angles and also in normal speed.

They always pick the one angle in slow motion that makes it look worst than it actually is.  It is almost cheating that the videos are set up to influence the ref.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

VAR videos need to show the ref watching on screen all angles and also in normal speed.

They always pick the one angle in slow motion that makes it look worst than it actually is.  It is almost cheating that the videos are set up to influence the ref.

Totally agree, it's almost like drip feeding the ref the decision what the VAR operator has already pre-decided, he'll be showing the same 2 seconds on loop from the same angle, ref's need a little interactive monitor like on post match analysis that shows all angles 

• Like 1

You can't bin VAR now. You won't ever put the bunny back in the box. Everyone will scream for it the very first time an obvious decision is missed. 

The people that run it just need to change, and some of the outdated laws need to be modified to help keep things as black and white but as fair as possible. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 4

as stated already the ones doing VAR dont like to over rule their mates on the pitch, as much as i think VAR is a decent thing for the game, it seems like the clowns make up things as they go along.

and at times decisions in one game arent given in the next, like the matty cash handball which wasnt given but would be given in another game, thought VAR would bring a half decent level of consistency but in all honesty it hasnt; and the worse fact with it all, officials are still not accountable for their performances/decisions on the pitch

its basically same shit different day

19 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Oh man those Manure supporters really pipping up this morning aren't they? Bet more than half didn't even watch the game. Most diabolic vile fans those lot are. 

A friend of mine who is a Man U fan has been on Facebook, posting pictures of big red 9s, Bruno's rat face and complaining they were denied a clear penalty. No mention of Martial's dive of course. 

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

No way. The blokes seriously dodgy. He has some serious skeletons he is lucky have not left the closet from his time managing in Norway.

remember the molde player linked to a rape case, do your research and how it links up its interesting

• Like 1

I know this has been said a million times but it would be so much more transparent if we could hear the conversations between Stockley Park and the on field referee when they’re talking through the decisions. It would be so much easier to understand the rational of both the referee and the VAR, and it would probably also cover their backs as it would give context to the decisions. The commentary teams can hear them so why can’t the audience watching at home? What are they afraid of us hearing? 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I was strongly in favour of VAR before it's implementation and I remain so now. 

Technology is neither good or bad, its just a thing. It's only as successful as how it's used, there's potential for VAR to make the game objectively better. Its use for offside, for example, is objectively better however much it might frustrate people. 

But its use for subjective decisions has been hugely frustrating and needs to be improved. It should have been the great equaliser that reduced contentious snap decisions going in the favour of big clubs, instead there are times it almost seems to be being used to justify them. 

But people need to stop turning on VAR and it's removal, I promise you that that will only benefit the "Sky Sports Big Six" further. 

People need to start turning on the league and our governing bodies and demanding they change and they improve, don't scapegoat a bit of technology that's only as good or bad as the people wielding it. 

The principle of VAR is spot on and had it been used properly last night it may have worked out slightly better for Southampton, it wouldnt of changed Man Utd winning but may have altered another thrashing that see Southampton loose by 2 defeats, that will be remembered for too long, in 2 successive seasons home and away.

For the love of God use VAR properly, punish those who play act for a favourable decision, Officials should not be afraid to do so either, I dont for one minute think favourable decisions fall to the bigger clubs, as the mere thought of that disgusts me, but I am struggling too see how 2 decisions last night were not overturned after being looked at. Perhaps I'm wrong and my eyes are failing me.

• Like 1

Missing the dive initially is more than excusable, no one is denying that, for the most part,  referees  have a hard job.

Going to watch it on a monitor, from numerous angles, at different speeds, and still missing it is whats inexcusable.  It clearly shows that some referees are unfit to fulfill their job with any competence.

It's like any tool I guess, it's only as good as those operating it. Unfortunately we have some of the most incompetent officiating throughout Europe, if not world wide.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

Missing the dive initially is more than excusable, no one is denying that, for the most part,  referees  have a had job.

Going to watch it on a monitor, from numerous angles, at different speeds, and still missing it is whats inexcusable.  It clearly shows that some referees are unfit to fulfill their job with any competence.

It's like any tool I guess, it's only as good as those operating it. Unfortunately we have some of the most incompetent officiating throughout Europe, if not world wide.

I don't think it's incompetent I think its just pure corruption.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I was strongly in favour of VAR before it's implementation and I remain so now. 

Technology is neither good or bad, its just a thing. It's only as successful as how it's used, there's potential for VAR to make the game objectively better. Its use for offside, for example, is objectively better however much it might frustrate people. 

But its use for subjective decisions has been hugely frustrating and needs to be improved. It should have been the great equaliser that reduced contentious snap decisions going in the favour of big clubs, instead there are times it almost seems to be being used to justify them. 

But people need to stop turning on VAR and it's removal, I promise you that that will only benefit the "Sky Sports Big Six" further. 

People need to start turning on the league and our governing bodies and demanding they change and they improve, don't scapegoat a bit of technology that's only as good or bad as the people wielding it. 

Good post, absolutely spot on, and expressed better than I could have hoped to do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I don't think it's incompetent I think its just pure corruption.

I have to admit, some of the decisions for 'certain teams' are becoming a bit suspicious but that being said, VAR has treated us well thus far.

I often wonder if there's unconscious bias with the referee's, it's only normal.

If they don't act on a big call against Leicester,  Brighton, Newcastle  etc etc then it will never effect them unless they visit one of those cities.

Say the same about Man Utd, Liverpool etc then their supporters are like dog sh1t, they're everywhere. Whatever city you go to, wherever you go on holiday, your going to get stick. It's almost like the referees are worried to go against teams with the bigger fan bases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, what? said:

They should consider VAR a different job from the rest of the officiating positions and stop just rotating the existing refs there. It just creates a closed shop culture where they are encouraged to look after their colleagues. Train a bunch of people whose sole responsibility is VAR, have them do only that, and make them distinct from the other refs. It should be like an independent ombudsmen, not another arm of the refereeing team. 

Another great post.

As others have said, the big hope with VAR was that it would iron out all the decisions that appeared to favour "the big six". Instead, it seems to have increased them and given them a sort of acceptability under the guise of making impartial decisions.  I agree that the people conducting VAR should be separate from the refs on the field, trained differently and appropriately.  Only problem is - if that were to come about, do you trust the same football authorities, with their record of incompetence and their suspected pressure from "commercial interests", to implement it correctly?

Edited by deep blue
Addition