Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2020/2021

On 14/02/2021 at 09:27, Koke said:

Birmingham lose again. Its like 1 win in 12 or something. Karanka was highly rated at that level but his team are in a free fall.

Strikes me as one of those managers who has done well once. Supported by great ownership at Boro

Then he starting taking jobs with dodgy owners and has the audacity to spit his dummy out when the obvious happens.

Turgid football by all accounts, and did his usual thing of signing 5+ unheard of Spanish journeymen players who have seemingly flopped. 

Ownership at Birmingham is an absolute state though which obviously doesn't help. But like I say he's taken two jobs in a row now where the environment was clearly toxic, and then acts stroppy when that all becomes clear.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Karanka style of football comes across as dull and boring. Never get the appeal for clubs to go for him, won promotion with Middlesbrough yes, but it took two or three seasons and they came straight back down. 

He was Mourinho's assistant for 3 years at Real Madrid. Mourinho taught him well.

7 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Bristol City sacked a bloke I’ve never heard of. 

Weird that Bristol City yo-yo from the Championship to League One whilst other clubs their size like Swansea, Reading, Bournemouth, Hull etc have had periods of success. Strange club.

I really really hope they go for Nigel at Bristol City, honestly think it's perfect for him. They're in no mans land and need a leader with a vision to take them forward. 

Also wondering if his new home down south might help put him in the frame too! 

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

I really really hope they go for Nigel at Bristol City, honestly think it's perfect for him. They're in no mans land and need a leader with a vision to take them forward. 

Also wondering if his new home down south might help put him in the frame too! 

As much as I love Nigel and want him to do well, I can't help but feel that he isn't the same man without Shakey and Walsh. 

On 14/02/2021 at 09:36, Koke said:

Apart from the five wonder years they had under a generational manager, their history reads almost identical to our's before our title win. The romance with their story, as was the case with us is that they were an unremarkable club that achieved something spectacular more or less out of nowhere. I absolutely do not subscribe to the idea of them being a big club, 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Bristol City are in a good place despite what their fans think. They’re getting everything set and won’t be long before they get things right on the pitch. Lansdown has run the club extremely well over the past 5 years. 

I don't know if you know any fans but they'd say you couldn't be more wrong.

My best mate is a brizzle fan and I get a weekly overview of what things are like there. Landsdowne to some extent has done well and been supportive, but the MD he has hired Ashton has made mistake after mistake.

They've gone from a promising young squad 3 seasons ago, to a team that will mostly be out of contract or full of championship journeymen by July.

Huge overhaul project for anyone who goes in there. The academy seems to produce well though so that's one plus point. 

They need a DOF, a new MD and someone experienced to guide the team on the pitch. This next appointment is there biggest ever for me, get it wrong and they'll be back in League 1 in no time.

3 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

In terms of infrastructure Bristol City are perfectly set. Renovated stadium would excellent facilities and a brand new training ground on the way. I think there’s still a relatively decent squad that a manager like Pearson could have success with too.

Problem is both the training ground and stadium were done with Rugby in mind, the training ground is for the Rugby team first and football second.

• Like 1

Bristol City and Bournemouth both hiring the assistants as manager then sacking them around the same time. Always seems to me to be terribly unambitious going for the assistant (leave Shakespeare out of this before anyone starts).

Just now, Tuna said:

Bristol City and Bournemouth both hiring the assistants as manager then sacking them around the same time. Always seems to me to be terribly unambitious going for the assistant (leave Shakespeare out of this before anyone starts).

I certainly won't be one to drag Shakey's name through the mud. He was the perfect man for us until the end of the season after Ranieri's sacking. The start of the following season wasn't great but we had a rotten set of fixtures to start the season and we were depleted in central midfield. Who knows? Maybe he would have turned it around. 

18 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Apart from the five wonder years they had under a generational manager, their history reads almost identical to our's before our title win. The romance with their story, as was the case with us is that they were an unremarkable club that achieved something spectacular more or less out of nowhere. I absolutely do not subscribe to the idea of them being a big club, 

Forest have 11 major honours. Clough won 8 of them. Thats 72%. Clough won 72^ of all Forest trophies. They were nothing before he came and went back to being nothing soon after he left. Forest are mid sized club with a mid sized fan base who had a decade of success. 

Clough was a genius, taking a provincial club to glory. 

• Like 2