Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2020/2021

18 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Norwich is always decent trip, ground close to the train station and city centre... also if fancied a few days by the sea also Great Yarmouth short ride away also. Hoping Bristol City make a late surge into the play offs, haven't had a west country team in the top flight for a while plus foxes haven't travelled to Bristol for a few years now.

It's been more than a while since a west country team were in the top flight. Swindon (are they West Country?) are the only club that's had a Premier League season. Before that? Bristol City in the 70's :dunno:

19 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Norwich is always decent trip, ground close to the train station and city centre... also if fancied a few days by the sea also Great Yarmouth short ride away also. Hoping Bristol City make a late surge into the play offs, haven't had a west country team in the top flight for a while plus foxes haven't travelled to Bristol for a few years now.

After the maynard saga I hope them and the supporters stay in the championship

4 hours ago, Spudulike said:

It's been more than a while since a west country team were in the top flight. Swindon (are they West Country?) are the only club that's had a Premier League season. Before that? Bristol City in the 70's :dunno:

I'm not sure Swindon count's as west country... Yeah think was the 1970's when Bristol City were last in the top flight from what my dad said they were only up there for one season and then came crashing back down. 

On 16/01/2021 at 23:07, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Imagine losing Sheffield United, WBA and Fulham as your away days and getting them replaced with Norwich, Swansea & Reading. 

If that happens hopefully we are still in lockdown. 

Surely the only one of those 3 worth complaining about is Reading? Norwich and Swansea both decent enough

On 18/01/2021 at 10:04, Leicesterpool said:

Unless you’re part of the high risk army! I was over in 2012 I think it was when we were called high risk and they slashed our allocation.

I was hoping to get a ticket for the FA Cup game, it must have been 5th round as it was Feb. 

I think Nugent got a late winner, I was back in Melbourne before we played Chelsea in the next round. I never forgave Delia for this!

On 19/01/2021 at 07:04, Aus Fox said:

Unless you’re part of the high risk army! I was over in 2012 I think it was when we were called high risk and they slashed our allocation.

I was hoping to get a ticket for the FA Cup game, it must have been 5th round as it was Feb. 

I think Nugent got a late winner, I was back in Melbourne before we played Chelsea in the next round. I never forgave Delia for this!

Oh yeah of course, we should have been given 4,000 tickets instead we were only given 2,500 tickets. What was the chant "we're high risk m'lord"....

On 17/01/2021 at 11:27, Midlands yellow said:

Norwich away is match a lot of Fox fans enjoy. Not there yet but it is looking good, cross your fingers please. 

Always enjoy being sent to Carrow Road for work and not just for the healthy mileage.

They play some delightful football, players seem to know where each other will be, quick ball movement, bit of devilment when they need it and they're a well run, friendly club.

11 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Mick McCarthy?!

Talk about left field old school appointments.

Nobody makes more left field appointments than Watford though :ph34r:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Always enjoy being sent to Carrow Road for work and not just for the healthy mileage.

They play some delightful football, players seem to know where each other will be, quick ball movement, bit of devilment when they need it and they're a well run, friendly club.

Nobody makes more left field appointments than Watford though :ph34r:

Fair point !

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Absolute zero ambition by Cardiff. 

It's a gig until the end of the season, first and foremost they can't go down - it'd ruin them. McCarthy isn't what he was but at the very least he's a steady pair of hands - I'm sure they can reassess in the summer when there's more scope for wiggle room and the very real threat of the drop isn't hanging over them with time running out.

• Like 1