Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2020/2021

38 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Administration possible according to JP:

Possible ten point deduction which put them rock bottom with 9 points and needing ten points to get out. Can't possibily see them stay up with that, there struggling to score has it it. All can wrong since Lampard left.

On 06/11/2020 at 19:26, The Bear said:

The Derby takeover sounds a sham. The bloke isn't royalty at all if you believe this Newcastle fan:

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi all. You’ll be able to tell from my username where I’m coming from. I saw the ‘takeover’ talk of Derby via an NUFC link - just thought you might like a perspective from a club who the Bin Zayed Group ‘tried’ to buy previously. Hopefully you will all take this in the spirit in which it is meant - it’s a shame to see these chancers being linked to a ‘proper’ club like DCFC. If the East Midlands press is as poo as the North East, chances are they’ll not report this.

I’ll get this out of the way straight away; you won’t be taken over by this lot. They’re potless. They’re after the publicity. The bloke in charge of the organisation simply has a very similar name to the actual crown prince of Abu Dhabi. It would be like a bloke called Charles Windsor being mistaken for Prince Charles. He isn’t the ‘cousin’ of the Man City owner - he’s some sort of distant relative (plenty of them in that neck of the woods). The fact that the BZG did nothing to disabuse anyone of the fact that the press routinely mix their chairman up with the crown prince of Abu Dhabi says everything - he’s a con man. He works out of a pokey office in Dubai. He’s not a rich scion of the royal family. The man is called Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed al-Nahyan (note he doesn’t use ‘HH’ before his name - the equivalent of ‘HRH’) - he is NOT HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, who is the man who is crown prince (and who the papers kept confusing with), nor is he HH Khalid bin Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, who is a member of the royal family. The lazy bar stewards in the North East kept running this story well past the point that these jokers were exposed.

When they ‘bid’ for Newcastle in 2019, we had Liverpool supporters telling us they were tyre-kickers. They were right. They had contacted Mike Ashley, who told them the price - they then put out that they had ‘agreed’ the purchase of the club. For about six weeks the papers waited for them to show proof of funds (a knacker called Midhat was the PR man - watch out for his ********). The proof of funds never materialised - because they’re potless.

Hopefully no-one here is confused with the current takeover lot at Newcastle - that is actually the Saudi state (legal stuff is happening re that at present). It certainly isn’t that lot.

Just a heads-up that it is a waste of time to even think about this chancer buying the club - he hasn’t the cash. Unfortunately, they took in a lot of our support with their ******** - helped by the uselessness of the football press. Please don’t waste your time thinking about what will happen under them - this is as far as it will ever get.

With that, all the best for the coming season. I hope it will be understood that this post was not meant with any animosity - I’ve no negative feelings re Derby (after all, they play in the correct colours and have a dislike of Forest - both sensible & good things). Derby is a grand old club, and it irritates me seeing this bunch of chancers being linked with another historic English club.

edit: I’ve just seen that they gave Ashley a £30m deposit. No they didn’t - that was the Saudis. The Bin Zayed Group didn’t even get past the ‘proof of funds’ stage. Don’t mix up the Saudi PIF and this lot.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Takeover falling apart? Who'd have thunk it? ;)

• Haha 1

Yes, they're a 'local rival' etc - but it's rather sad to see their plight becoming very potentially becoming even much more worse.

Something has never felt right since Mel  Morris took over, to be honest.

Very much seem like a club that's lost its way due to the way it has been run/managed, and ruin its potential as a club considering their good facilities, decent-sized fan base etc).

Sometimes, it sadly seems, that having billionaire owners can actually hinder the progress at a club - making the organisation more in a worsened state during their ownership (like Hawasi at Forest and Chansiri at Sheffield Wednesday as very good other examples)..

Edited by Wymsey

13 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Takeover falling apart? Who'd have thunk it? ;)

I know the EFL owners and directors test is a bit of a sham but surely the proof of funds bit is pretty concrete. They’ve ratified it so clearly have seen proof of funds but for some reason the prospective owner isn’t transferring the money to complete the deal.

11 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I have the pleasure of visiting Derby against Rotherham for talkSPORT this weekend.

Relegation six pointer here we go.

Can we think of some really random, or made up, words for you to get in to commentary? Or name some very specific Leicester-related references during your time on the game? 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Can we think of some really random, or made up, words for you to get in to commentary? Or name some very specific Leicester-related references during your time on the game? 

I would never condone that kind of unprofessional behaviour.

(But see what you can come up with - keep it decent and reasonably manageable though please)

7 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

(But see what you can come up with - keep it decent and reasonably manageable though please)

The 4-0 at their place in 1998 for starters :D

The gap between us and Derby at the moment. 

Try and say 'rammed home' to describe a shot as many times as possible in the game, either for Derby or Rotherham. 

Mention FoxesTalk and that you're a DJ. 

Mention that there's more atmosphere at the game than when there are fans there :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

1 - The 4-0 at their place in 1998 for starters :D

2 - The gap between us and Derby at the moment. 

3 - Try and say 'rammed home' to describe a shot as many times as possible in the game, either for Derby or Rotherham. 

4 - Mention FoxesTalk and that you're a DJ. 

5 - Mention that there's more atmosphere at the game than when there are fans there :ph34r:

1 - If they're 4-0 down inside 15 minutes I will.

2 - Completely irrelevant to the game so no.

3 - Will try and get in a 'rammed home' if a goal is errrr rammed home.

4 - I'll treat that with the contempt it deserves.

5 - Now that would be funny. But no.

Challenge accepted :scarf:

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

1.  When they don’t have much possession ...     they’ve vardy touched the ball over the last 10 minutes ...

2.  When they whack the ball away when under pressure ...   a big HUTHHH up the pitch there ...

3.  When they do something better in the match than they have previously ..  shots etc ...   that’s Morgan they’ve had than in the last game 

4.  And ...   when they lose ....   cough loudly and shout W@nkers! as you do it ...   :)

• Haha 2

Here is the simple and brutal reality of early 2021.  EFL clubs are not businesses where smart money is clamoring to get in.  While decently run clubs might be attractive, most are a financial shambles, and the ones willing to give it a go seem to be chancers.  Even in the Prem, the Burnley takeover is a wing and a prayer proceeding 90% on borrowing against the assets of the club (including all their cash on hand).  Mark my words, Burnley are ****ed.

Money is hemorrhaging and owners are desperate to sell to anyone who has a conditional letter of credit.  The idea of “fit and proper” owners is more a sham than ever.

This DCFC problem is not surprising.  The only thing I could find on “Sheikh Khaled’s” business was a company register claiming 500 employees (which I am sure includes the part-time janitors).  That is a small company, not a billionaire’s company.  They do not have the cash to buy and restore a big, struggling football club.

On 11/11/2020 at 08:24, KingsX said:

“Khaled belongs to a branch that was exiled to Dubai and for a period his family was banned. They remain quite distant and there has even been some anger among Abu Dhabi’s rulers that the Dubai branch were using the title ‘His Highness’ when, as members of a less powerful branch, they should have been using ‘His Excellency’.  When Sheikh Khaled emerged in 2019 with the Newcastle rumours, I and others who work closely on the UAE had never come across him before, so he certainly isn’t a major player.”

That's a middle east expert quoted in the Athletic yesterday https://theathletic.com/2179029/2020/11/09/the-men-behind-the-derby-takeover-as-mel-morris-sells-up  They noted that the British expats facilitating the bid are in the business of helping sheikhs and oligarchs buy English clubs and their record (Reading, Everton in 2004, etc) is not pretty.

Checking the Derby forum, this post is as close to a glimmer of the dawning as I could find …

deludedRam.thumb.JPG.5de9503ce1910acb500055bf044fbd5f.JPG

Most still seem to think they’ll be the richest club in England, sitting top of the Prem in short order.  This is the type of thing that sounds legit to a Derby fan:

TopInvestmentMaster.JPG.20e61fcbe38e77e62b8527069be3f03e.JPG

:crylaugh:  If this does go through … please, please get the documentary crew in there next year to film "Derby Till I Die".  Could be classic English comedy.

To repeat myself … you may not find the business side of football of any interest … but ignore it, and you will be surprised over and over, at what you could have seen coming.

Not sure if the recent improvements in performances are due to them improving under him as a manager, or just the fact he's not been on the pitch.  Regarding the takeover (does this suggest it's done?  Not sure seeing as he's paid by a betting company and not the club), whatever happens I hope they're not sunk by mismanagement.  Don't get me wrong, I want them to lose every single game they play, but as a result of footballing reasons and not be sunk by shysters and moneymen.

On 14/01/2021 at 13:52, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Personally I think you should name drop the forum, or at least a member but you have to drop it in subtly.

3 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Personally I think you should name drop the forum, or at least a member but you have to drop it in subtly.

Got to be thebigjohnsteader

Might not be that difficult in fairness as Jon Stead used to play for Derby.