Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2020/2021

Delighted for Pearson if all is confirmed there. I listed Bristol City in the underachieving clubs thread, and I could see this being a massive step in the right direction for them.

They're absolutely honking at Right Back currently.... I wonder if Simmo might very quickly find himself a new club?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AjcW said:

Delighted for Pearson if all is confirmed there. I listed Bristol City in the underachieving clubs thread, and I could see this being a massive step in the right direction for them.

They're absolutely honking at Right Back currently.... I wonder if Simmo might very quickly find himself a new club?

Perfect for Simmo if they are allowed to sign him. Kingy in the summer if Nige stays? 

Bristol City could be the 50th Premier League club unless Brentford do it this season. 

20 hours ago, AjcW said:

I heard some of bristol fans on about how they should be in the prem. Think they only had like 10 years in top divison in over 100 years.

He's not going to improve them a great deal between now and the end of the season, especially without Walshy and Shakey. Looks potentially like another gig that sees his reputation fall.

Hopefully there's some decent staff at his disposal and he can earn himself a longer contract.

15 minutes ago, filbertway said:

He's not going to improve them a great deal between now and the end of the season, especially without Walshy and Shakey. Looks potentially like another gig that sees his reputation fall.

Hopefully there's some decent staff at his disposal and he can earn himself a longer contract.

The two assistants are an U20 world cup winning manager and an U19 European Championship winning manager with England... both blessed with a golden generation but certainly no mugs! 

I'd imagine Pearson knows Paul Simpson in some form too, Simpson is from Carlisle.

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, AjcW said:

The two assistants are an U20 world cup winning manager and an U19 European Championship winning manager with England... both blessed with a golden generation but certainly no mugs! 

I'd imagine Pearson knows Paul Simpson in some form too, Simpson is from Carlisle.

Sweet, the plus of that as well is that they will like working with younger players, which obviously Pearson likes to do. Hopefully he can do enough to get a contract and lay down some long term roots/progress. 

Will always have a soft spot for Pearson so I hope he can do what he did hear somewhere else. It's about time Bristol had a top flight team as well

• Like 1

Barnsley are, rather unexpectedly, still climbing up the table.

Not sure why Sky Sports had decided to television a mid-table game between Preston North End v QPR, considering Bournemouth v Cardiff City or Barnsley v Stoke City were both games with more for both sides to play for.

Edited by Wymsey

24 minutes ago, Corky said:

Mick McCarthy knows what he's doing, made up a 13 point gap to the play-offs already.

New manager bounce (I hope).

Hope they stay down. Can't have another dinosaur in the Premier League.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Bear said:

Agreed. As much as I love Mick he can't cut it in the Prem. 

The sooner Bruce gets flushed the better too. 

Am I right in saying  that the first season in the premier league with Wolves ten or so years ago was the only time he didn't get relegated? He's definitely a safe pair of hands in the championship though. 

Edit: That might be unfair on him actually. No one could have kept the Sunderland team he had in the premier league. 

Edited by BenTheFox

If Mick has anything about him he’ll bring in some younger, technical coaches around him. His man-management is second to none but his approach work can sometimes be lacking. Great championship manager though, lads absolutely love playing for him

Edited by TJB-fox

13 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I wouldn’t mind Cardiff going up. It’s a cracking away day. 

Yeah they're the pick of the bunch out of the promotion contenders in that respect. The others are absolutely honking, especially Reading, Swansea and Watford.

Made worse by us losing Sheffield United, West Brom and probably one of Fulham or Newcastle. 

Edited by BenTheFox

14 hours ago, The Bear said:

Agreed. As much as I love Mick he can't cut it in the Prem. 

The sooner Bruce gets flushed the better too. 

Surely in that case you'd want him up? Six points.

For all the talk of him being an "anti-football hoof merchant" he's done a remarkable job there (so far...)

23 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I wouldn’t mind Cardiff going up. It’s a cracking away day. 

Lots of respect for them following the tragic vichai loss. Mick is good at stabilising an club if their on free fall, but it means having to play bland football. Ipswich fans didnt know when they were well off.