Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2020/2021

15 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Bristol City and Bournemouth both hiring the assistants as manager then sacking them around the same time. Always seems to me to be terribly unambitious going for the assistant (leave Shakespeare out of this before anyone starts).

Rob Kelly.

20 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I don't know if you know any fans but they'd say you couldn't be more wrong.

My best mate is a brizzle fan and I get a weekly overview of what things are like there. Landsdowne to some extent has done well and been supportive, but the MD he has hired Ashton has made mistake after mistake.

They've gone from a promising young squad 3 seasons ago, to a team that will mostly be out of contract or full of championship journeymen by July.

Huge overhaul project for anyone who goes in there. The academy seems to produce well though so that's one plus point. 

They need a DOF, a new MD and someone experienced to guide the team on the pitch. This next appointment is there biggest ever for me, get it wrong and they'll be back in League 1 in no time.

I’ll be honest mate you’re bang on with what you’ve said about Ashton and the squad but way off it with everything else. I’ve done a lot of work with the club and from what I’ve seen compared to other clubs of similar ilk they are nearly set to go. 

I also live in Bristol and have got a pretty good insight into what goes on there if that helps. 

Agree re next appointment. If they appoint well they could take off. 

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Forest have 11 major honours. Clough won 8 of them. Thats 72%. Clough won 72^ of all Forest trophies. They were nothing before he came and went back to being nothing soon after he left. Forest are mid sized club with a mid sized fan base who had a decade of success. 

Clough was a genius, taking a provincial club to glory. 

Bang on. They fall into the 'underachieving football clubs' category not because they're in the second tier but because they are hovering just above the relegation zone in the second tier.

I also don't believe that any Forest fan under the age of 40 wouldn't swap their history for ours if they were asked blindly. I actually experienced our success, they have to watch films about theirs. 

1 hour ago, Fox in the North said:

That’s strange I’m sure the football team and rugby team will be having their own training grounds. 

98DC1D35-F344-405F-9348-5105D170202F.jpeg

677EFEF3-1A3A-4ADA-9037-C1F36C580AF0.jpeg

81F4168B-DE11-4D56-8FFA-45E0B7C5F0F0.jpeg

Sorry what I meant was priority was on finishing rugby first. And priority seems to always sit with them in the Bristol Sport stable 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

I don't know if you know any fans but they'd say you couldn't be more wrong.

My best mate is a brizzle fan and I get a weekly overview of what things are like there. Landsdowne to some extent has done well and been supportive, but the MD he has hired Ashton has made mistake after mistake.

They've gone from a promising young squad 3 seasons ago, to a team that will mostly be out of contract or full of championship journeymen by July.

Huge overhaul project for anyone who goes in there. The academy seems to produce well though so that's one plus point. 

They need a DOF, a new MD and someone experienced to guide the team on the pitch. This next appointment is there biggest ever for me, get it wrong and they'll be back in League 1 in no time.

This is spot on. Nigel was linked with the job strongly previously (may have even been interviewed) but wouldnt get the control he craves whilst Ashton is in situ and as he seems to have the ear of Lansdown, that's unlikely to change any time soon. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Super_horns said:
Thierry Henry in talks with Bournemouth.

Be a bit left field - big name but hardly an impressive managerial record.

Class player but doesn't mean your going to be a class manager, his record in management is awful faced the sack twice and one was a failure in America. His appointment would be more of publicity stunt I think. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Class player but doesn't mean your going to be a class manager, his record in management is awful faced the sack twice and one was a failure in America. His appointment would be more of publicity stunt I think. 

So many great players(in various sports) fail as managers. 

I imagine Henry showing the players video of his greatest goals and explaining how he scored them.

On a side note, I didn't realize Montreal Impact had changed their name to CF Montreal. Maybe that'll help!

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Henry to Bournemouth and Wagner to Bristol City would be my bet

Bristol City would get a good manager there though I wouldn't be surprised if they look at John Terry again they considered him last time but backed out. 

The appointment of Henry would be like us appointing Sven. Sven did good in his first season but in his second season it was bit of mess signed too many players, summit like 10 or 12. Only three were any good the rest were unfit and had no experience with the championship.

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Bristol City would get a good manager there though I wouldn't be surprised if they look at John Terry again they considered him last time but backed out. 

The appointment of Henry would be like us appointing Sven. Sven did good in his first season but in his second season it was bit of mess signed too many players, summit like 10 or 12. Only three were any good the rest were unfit and had no experience with the championship.

It wouldn’t be anything like hiring Sven. Henry’s career in management has been a total car crash. 

Sven was also a car crash, but an England manager car crash 

So its being reported that Thierry Henry will be installed as the new manager of Bournemouth.

I cant see how this is going to work out positively! He has no experience of the division, he has a previously poor managerial history, forgive me if I am missing something here, but since Woodgate took over temporary charge, he has only dropped 2 points, how has he not been given the job?

I appreciate that they may get a few temporary interested followers on Instagram, however is that what they need? Or do they want to be promoted?

If they fail to go up, or even playoffs, then questions have to be asked about this decision, as it seems utterly illogical to me, not that I really give 2 shits about Bournemouth, but a puzzling appointment if true. To be fair he was an excellent player, and half decent in the Renault adverts, but what's that go to do with managing? lol

56 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Another good win for Barnsley. 4 points off play offs atm. Hoping they get in there.

Haven't they got the youngest squad in the division as well? Fair play to them. 

Used to work with a guy who was big Barnsley fan. Top bloke who used to play in the same youth team up there as Mick Mccarthy and was also big mates with another Barnsley man, and shite ex City striker Geoff Horsfield... God I even bore myself some times 

13 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Haven't they got the youngest squad in the division as well? Fair play to them. 

Used to work with a guy who was big Barnsley fan. Top bloke who used to play in the same youth team up there as Mick Mccarthy and was also big mates with another Barnsley man, and shite ex City striker Geoff Horsfield... God I even bore myself some times 

Yeah I think they have actually. They got took over about 3 years ago and the owner focuses on buying younger players apparently. 

Edited by Fox92

Good win for Barnsley. But look at the horrific match stats for Bristol City. 

1 shot the whole game. 47% pass accuracy. Truly pathetic.

0.03 xG for Christ sake.

Screenshot_20210220-201430_Google.thumb.jpg.02938901fc42adf41b7c21423698c5e6.jpg

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1