Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Man Utd post match

I feel really anxious about next season.

There is no evidence to suggest our run of form (23 points from 19 games) will improve. To make the argument that a ‘break’ may do us good - the lockdown would suggest it absolutely won’t help.

The last time we got into Europe we managed our recruitment and league campaign abysmally. The difference then was we had Mahrez to bail us out of a real relegation scrap. If we lost a few players as we did that year (kante counts as two), we could be in serious trouble. 

• Like 1

Watch whilst we wait until the last week of the transfer window to sign someone as well! We need to start being proactive rather than reactive, everything at the moment we just seem to be giving away! Let’s show some intent and build a better squad for next season!!

Just now, iamafox said:

Nobody can look back on any particular game and say that's where we blew our chances. We had ample opportunities to pick up the points we lost and fcked up. Simple as.

Bournemouth.

Looking back, those back-to-back humiliations by Manchester City and Liverpool in December really wrecked us.

That was peak hype and we were genuinely being talked about as title challengers up to that point.

I always felt we never looked the same after that.

• Like 4

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Hamza played well, not his fault the officials were looking for any way to give a penalty 

It was written in the stars VARchester were going to get a penalty you knew when Maguire should have been sent off before the goal the ref looked away when he clipped Vardy before the tackle we thought he’s going then Atkinson saw his summer holiday bonus so waved it away !

13 minutes ago, Thefoxman said:

Anyone else think its a total waste of time Johnny Evans going up for corners & free kicks as just ends causing a foul every single time! 

To be fair there was nothing doing on at least half of those free kicks.

Man U player grapples then falls to the floor, ref bows for a free kick every time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Maybe we’re seeing the Evans that West Brom saw. 

I think it’s mostly been the effect of him not being flanked by pace all around him 

He's also really slow in releasing the ball. It's like he completely stops before he can pass. Then he gives a very predictable pass. 

People saying get rid of Kasper, get rid of Rogers, we need an entire overhaul yadda yadda need to get a grip. We have a young, very good team that just finished 5th. We've had three of our most important players injured and the last few games one of our main CD not playing. No question we need to strengthen, what team doesn't. A draw would have been a fair result, still wouldn't have got us through and it's no surprise MU score via a pen' and the ref barely gave us anything (and constantly blew in favor of MU, like seriously wtf was wrong with Hirst's header in their box???).

The hard pill to swallow is the lost points from being comfortably third. But we have to swallow it and move on. 2020 has been sh*t, the post lock-down restart has been sh*t, but what are we going to do? Looking at Chelsea, they're spending big, ManC will do the same, ManU happily payed up to 65mil for a player in the winter transfer window so they're bound to keep spending, Liverpool probably don't have to but are clearly the best team in the league. Only our owners can decide if we can financially compete with these teams. My guess is no. So we have to set reasonable expectations. 

Never thought the season should have restarted. And it shouldn't have.     

Edited by Hoopla10
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I blame him and Evans for the eventual mistake of Hamza. I appreciate others may see it different but your experience men did to do a bit better in those situations. 

I’ll have to watch it back but I put it firmly at Hamzas door. No need to mess about in that part of the pitch. 

Disappointing outcome but winning today was always going to be a big ask with such a decimated and inexperienced team. Our poor finishing cost us in the first half and then one big mistake from Choudhury and we were punished. We now need to understand why we fell away so badly in the second half of the season and then build for next season. We were not ready for the CL and in some respects had we crept over the line we'd have been under pressure to spend massively in order to avoid being embarrassed. It might have been a question of one massive step forward but perhaps two steps back. If we are to challenge top four regularly we need to build not be forced to panic buy and still get trounced in a CL group of death.   

Performed to type. Same flaws as usual (since December). Farting around at the back. No passion or spirit. Lack of precision and quality in final third. Opposition keeper barely tested. Poor crosses. Utterly unthreatening corners. Bottled another big game against opponents there for the taking.

Pissed off - but we got what we deserved.

• Like 3

I'm angry we've let this slip but pleased we're in Europe and thought despite our patched up side we played well today. It was one moment loss of concentration and wes just not being sharp enough that's cost us. 

I don't understand why we've messed up such an advantage but it is what it is. Got to build for next season, shame for Evans who we now lose for 3 games. 

We need to purchase some quality of depth if we can, today with our first 11 we'd have won the game I'm sure 

• Like 1

“Anyway to give a penalty”  😂

Shocking error, no good putting in a 6 or 7 out of ten performance if that’s the way you cap it. A,though I do agree up till then he had a reasonable game.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

First team and we win that. Pissing annoying seeing the plastic supporters come out of the woodwork celebrating a tight win against Leicester reserves.

Frustrating, don't think we get that penalty down the other end.

• Like 3