Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Changes ......

1 minute ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

What happened to you? :nono:

Used to rely on you to talk sense, but to say that you didn't watch the game because you have the psychic power of pessimism is frankly pretentious.

I didn’t watch the game because I’m bored rigid of watching us play. To the point of giving up my season ticket because I just can’t be arsed any more. 

• Thanks 1

The Villa Cup game was where it went wrong for us. The manner of the defeat, to concede in the last minute and we lost confidence since then. Then losing Ricardo to injury and subsequently Maddison, Chilwell and Soyuncu to suspension, we've not been able to recover. 

• Like 1

Guest ttfn

Unfortunately we have the double issue of

needing a clear out of deadwood and also about 5-7 new players to give us a fighting chance of balancing the PL with the Europa League next season.

The likes of Gray, Choudhury and Bennett are not good enough and need to be moved on. Fuchs and Morgan cannot be depended on next year for more than 5-10 games and need to be 3rd and 5th choice options respectively. 

So in reality we probably need 8-10 players in the next 6 weeks just to stand a chance of standing still next season.

This is as we head into a global recession which King Power will be suffering from as much as anyone.

1 minute ago, 54 Silver Fox said:

We had lost this game before Kasper's error, because AGAIN we couldn't score!!!!!

He does make a valid point though. 

Kasper has been a brilliant player for us, however if we want to transition into a different system which a lot of the top teams adopt, we do need to consider his long term future. My concern is how close he is to top. I think he’s practically un-droppable. 

10 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

How do we do that? Rodgers has been here for a season and a half and hasn't managed it yet 

Not my job to say how, and I don't know the players individually or collectively to offer insight on their mindset.

What I do know is that a team that throws away 15 point leads, loses to Bournemouth, Norwich, Burnley when they can't buy a win, and starts getting experienced players sent off for petulant and stupid self inflicting decisions, needs a serious mental upgrade 

7 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Need Pearson back and this afternoon proves that 

Not sure if serious?

We've just finished 5th in the Premier League, and had an unbelievable first half of the season. I love Nigel, but anyone who'd sack Brendan on the back of a poor half a season is bonkers. As bonkers as the people who'd have sacked Pearson on the back of a poor half a season in 2013.

• Like 1

Our 2020 form has been horrendous, we've bottled it worse than Spurs did in 2016.

For me the change we need is to sign some proven winners who are experienced and can keep a cool head. Wolves have Moutinho for example, we had Cambiasso a few seasons back. We don't need many, perhaps we only need one, but we've finished the season with relegation form and stinking the place out. If you looked at our form since the restart, it would point to us being at best a top 10 team, and worryingly worse than that.

We still deservedly were top 4 at Christmas and played superb stuff, so we know we are capable of it. But we rely too much on confidence. We need some battle hardened players that raise their game when the stakes are high and confidence is on the floor.

I think our first game next season is absolutely crucial. Win it convincingly and it will put minds at ease, lose it and it will be panic stations.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Not really the right time to talk about it. 2 minutes after a disappointing end to the season all you’ll get it’s a whole load of overreaction.

Wait a week or two and then we can start to look back on a great season and think about changes.

31 minutes ago, Sly said:

The new season starts shortly.

Lets not hide behind the fact we’ve been poor since December. We can’t carry on like we’ve finished. 

What changes now? 

We lost games because we couldn't score when we were on top and gave the opposition the chance to come back and take the points. We NEED a better partner for Jamie Vardy. How about Troy Deeney? He is 32 but a strong character which is what we need.

Todays result was inevitable, you could see it coming a mile off. Not enough backbone and determination in the team.

Edited by 54 Silver Fox
  • Like 1

We have half a squad that are good enough for constantly finishing in the top half of the Premier league and the other half of the squad is Championship quality.  That's the reality of where we are at.  We will continue to lose the better players when they get frustrated at the garbage that is to the left and right of them on the pitch sometimes. We have so much Deadwood it's probably stopping us from going out and buying better players.  I've never known a premier League team to carry so much Deadwood in their squad. 

There are easily 6 players that are in or around the starting 11 that have no right anymore to play here, but we will probably offer them all lucrative contracts.

• Like 2