Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Changes ......

I would keep Kasper but give chances to Daniel Iverson as back up.

We need a new CB to partner Soyuncu for next season. Evans to move to the bench for me. A youngster and Morgan as further back up. 

I would cash in on Chilwell and get a new LB at half the price.

We need two new wingers to replace Gray and Albrighton who arent good enough. 

We need a nasty experienced CM player to come in and add much needed steel. We need another striker to add real competition. 

To do all this I would sell Chilwell and whatever we can recoup on: 

Gray

Albrighton 

Silva

Slimani

Amartey

Kaputska

James

Mendy

Ward

Jakupovic.

I think Thomas gets more game time and George Hirst looks good also as more of a target man option. 

Definitely need two wingers to go straight into the 1st team. Perez is a lot better centrally and Barnes/Gray/Albrighton are not enough of a threat to concern the opposition. If we had two genuine threats either side of Vardy it would create more space and therefore opportunities. Dream signings would be someone like Sarr, Zara, Grealish, Cantwell etc but will depend on our finances. 

Other than that we need at least one more CB and fullback positions will depend on if Chilwell stays or not.

Need a new CM as outside of Ndidi and Tielemans we’re weak. Need someone who can win the ball and then pick a pass. Wilf is a great tackler and carrier of the ball just plays side wards too much. 

Another striker and we’re good to go. 

1/2 of you people are nuts. We have a fairly young team and a fairly new (to us) manager. Finished 5th and going on a European tour. Played the final weeks without key players and all the sudden people want z fire sale. Easy to nit pick from your couches folks. Support your team or find another one

• Haha 1

I'd consider serious changes.

All being well we keep Soyuncu, Ricardo, Maddison, Tielemans & Ndidi. Pretty safe we'll keep Vardy & Schmeichel. Barnes has had a productive season, alot of positives from Iheanacho. Can't see us shifting Ayoze or Praet.

So high priority I'd be looking at 2 wingers, one to start and one to replace Dimmy, and a main centreback who could be Captain because Kasper isn't one and Wes will start looking like the Birch soon. Then centremid and a striker if we can afford it.

I'd be open to offers for Gray, Albrighton. It's fairly obvious we have to sell an asset now we've blown £60m Champions League money and it'd have to be Chilly, who of course would have to be replaced unless JJ could shift over.

Really quite peeved off with Evans, I've appreciated him all season but as the experienced head he's lost it and he hasn't taken it by the scruff, doing pre-game podcasts with the ManU lads talking about the good times, F off. We should get someone to compliment Soyuncu and either bench or sell Evans; seeing as he's already taken himself out of the first 3 games next year it should emphasise the need for this process.

So:

Kasper

Ricardo NewCB Soyuncu Justin/NewLB

Ndidi

Youri Maddison

NewRW.                           Barnes

Vardy

Backup: Ward, Justin/NewLB, Evans, Wes/Benky, Mendy, NewCM, NewWinger, Ayoze, Kelechi

So looking at that you have to consider Ayoze as a winger was a failed experiment, he's better centrally. Loan out Thomas & Choudhury. Assess the current loanees(KDH & Benky). Possibly sell one of Ayoze/Nacho for someone confident who can push Vardy much harder with the view to(politely) succeed him in the next year - unless Nacho is that man I can't say for sure.

Big changes. We've melted. Norwich home and away, Burnley away, Everton away, Chelsea FA Cup, today. Brendan needs to do some serious work with his players or recruit superbly. The months off obviously didn't fix our problems so recruitment most likely. I'm for giving managers a chance but if this form carries on into next season, December/Jan/Feb he's gone.

I know nought and I'm still bitterly disappointed by today, so pinch of salt.

edit: we might even lose one of Soyuncu or Ndidi without Champions League. Chilly is surely already probably gone.

Edited by Jaspa

For a start it might be healthy for BR to explain why we performed so poorly in the 2nd half of the season , what he did to mitigate it and why he failed. ...well you can dream can’t you,
Our squad clearly has several holes to fill but is better than our last 20 odd matches would suggest. New players need to be persuaded to join us but also a desire to win on goals and not possession stats may improve things too.

• Like 1

If we can offload Silva, Slimani, Diabate, James, Amartey, Kapustka and Ghezzal this summer, as well as Mendy and King being released, we could save a considerable amount on wages, which could be used for 2/3 big signings. Obviously transfer fees will have to take a hit due to the current climate, but we're past trying to recoup the money we spent on these guys anyway. Don't think there's any need to sell from the main group of players we've used this season. We'll need everyone for the hectic schedule next season.

Think Luke Thomas would benefit massively from a loan. He's looked really promising since coming in and would be ready for a full season in the Championship to refine his game. Same goes for Dewsbury-Hall and Iversen.

5 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Wow.

Just wow.

Without an exclamation mark.

I'm pretty sure you've supported us during the years before Ace and Top took over. Why did you support us then?

If our third best finish isn't good enough for you after what we've had most of my lives, after a season where quite frankly we've played some scintillating football, if you can't remember back than a few months, I pity you.

To think I started a thread singing your praise.

Fallen idols. :(

It’s not just about this season, I’ve not felt up for it since the league win. I was bored rigid under Puel and Rodgers has just carried that on. The football is mostly shite and he’s shown nothing in terms of being able to turn it around.

I’ve got a kid and my own business now. I’ve got better things to do quite frankly,  and the dross football being served up has got me to the point of not even turning on the TV to watch us play.

Im getting no excitement from it, simple as that now.

Edited by Babylon
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Cant believe people writing Evans off, crazy!

Dont get me wrong, lost his head today and in my opinion, he should be fined for such petulance but..... come on!

He's been mr consistent all season, him and soyuncu have been superb together 

Yep utter insanity. Can make a good arguement that hes been our best player this season. Absolutely no way do we replace him with anyone close to as good without spending mega bucks and even then you're prob still getting someone inferior. As well as this we need as much experience in the team, particularly defence, as possible. No doubt though people who want him replaced would be crying out for someone younger possibly for that mythological 'long term partnership at the back' nonsense that never ever comes to fruition.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gazza M said:

I would keep Kasper but give chances to Daniel Iverson as back up.

We need a new CB to partner Soyuncu for next season. Evans to move to the bench for me. A youngster and Morgan as further back up. 

I would cash in on Chilwell and get a new LB at half the price.

We need two new wingers to replace Gray and Albrighton who arent good enough. 

We need a nasty experienced CM player to come in and add much needed steel. We need another striker to add real competition. 

To do all this I would sell Chilwell and whatever we can recoup on: 

Gray

Albrighton 

Silva

Slimani

Amartey

Kaputska

James

Mendy

Ward

Jakupovic.

I think Thomas gets more game time and George Hirst looks good also as more of a target man option. 

I pretty much disagree with all of this.

Evans has been player of the season, still has plenty left.

Albrighton was brilliant today, probably one of the most creative, still a decent squad player, as is Gray who I think is finally improving.

if we have a sizeable fee for Chilwell and he wants to go then fine but it doesn’t set a good precedent, we don’t want to become a selling club but a club that improves and gets better.

players under albrighton I’d be happy to see leave apart from mendy who I think is a decent squad player if his wages are right.

• Like 1

Evans and Cags have to stay as our starting CBs if we're playing with a back 4. If it's a back 3/5 with 3 CBs, then we'll need to sign another CB. No chance we throw 20m+ at a centre back to stick Evans on the bench, he's been class for three quarters of the season.

As someone has already said, 3 or 4 attacking players would be great. One or two for the starting line up with another couple for the bench, we need game changers when chasing games.

7 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Need probably 4 really strong signings that can add to the first team, preferably under 26. At least one needs to be a player that will get on the half turn and drive forward, like Grealish but obviously we stand no chance with him. 

If you want mentally strong players, we need to bring up the average age of the squad.

5 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

You mean with the huge amount of chances we create? We have the golden boot winner in our squad. It’s not strikers we need it’s attacking midfielders 

We have' a striker' and a bunch of guys around him who can't put it in the back of the net despite endless shots.

7 hours ago, cv6 fox said:

New keeper for a starter. He's a great shot stopper but this decision making and ball distribution are costing us. 

No. Don’t rip up what remaining spirit we have in the squad. Kasper, Vardy, Morgan, Albrighton and Fuchs are key to that. Let’s not repeat the mistakes of others like Villa. It takes a long time to rebuild that.

If there were an opportunity to move on from Kasper I'd certainly consider it, but given what the budgetary restrictions are likely to be it doesn't seem realistic.  His distribution is shockingly bad and I have my doubt about his influence in the clubhouse, but he's not our biggest problem.  We need guys who can finish, period - be they strikers, wingers or attacking mids.  We create a halfway decent number of chances (though by no means enough) but collectively our finishing is dire.

As for anyone suggesting replacing Evans - get your eyes checked.  He was phenomenal all season and our best player for most of that pathetic display last night.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Need a holding midfielder that can actually do something other than tackle too.

Agree and I was saying this when Puel was here. Love Ndidi for what he does but I would love a prime Steven Nzonzi in our side. A guy who is 6'3 who can defend and also do something with the  ball at his feet. 

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1