Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Changes ......

28 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I didn’t watch the game because I’m bored rigid of watching us play. To the point of giving up my season ticket because I just can’t be arsed any more. 

Wow.

Just wow.

Without an exclamation mark.

I'm pretty sure you've supported us during the years before Ace and Top took over. Why did you support us then?

If our third best finish isn't good enough for you after what we've had most of my lives, after a season where quite frankly we've played some scintillating football, if you can't remember back than a few months, I pity you.

To think I started a thread singing your praise.

Fallen idols. :(

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

40m Tielemans gets the ball and without a doubt slows things down, crab pass not sure if its because he has no pace or its trained into him... the counter attack gas been well and truly trained out of them.

A point a game gets you relegated, we need to score to win games. Without Vardy's goals, how many goals did we get? We need to think about a partner for him and his succession.

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

40m Tielemans gets the ball and without a doubt slows things down, crab pass not sure if its because he has no pace or its trained into him... the counter attack gas been well and truly trained out of them.

Regarding the mentality we have got to get more experience into the squad. I know plenty on foxestalk seem to consider any signing over the age of 23 as sacrilege but we have to get more players in the 26-30 range in and around the team. Over reliance on youth much like spurs in the title season is at least part of the reason we bottled it as hard as we did. Also some wide forwards who dont waste 90% of their clear cut chances and a willingness to change the style of play when it's not working (or the opposite in the bloody Bournemouth game) from Rodgers is a must.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

We need a real aggressive midfield dynamo. Lacked that this season. 

Both Maddison and Tielemans are too lightweight..agree we need some real bite/goal threat in that area.

Another CB is bleedin' obvious.

One or two quality wide players.. Albrighton, Perez, Gray and Barnes all not good enough.

And of course a quality Striker. Get shot of Iheancho!!

On a positive note both Justin and Thomas will get better and this season's experience will hold them in good stead.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

I can't agree with getting rid of one of the greatest ball-winners in the world, but f*** me am I sick of seeing him blast quality chances over the f****ng bar

What we really need is a shooting coach to show the players how to keep the below the height of the crossbar!

I just hope those behinds the scenes (Above the management), management and perhaps players themselves (Although I don't believe they're happy playing in this style) question what direction and what style of play this club is going in.

I just hope they can see that its counter productive, negative and just causes problems for ourselves.

I think we played pretty well today generally, with less (Shock) possesion, more or less even, none of this possession without purpose nonesense. I thought we were quite positive today only undone but surprise surprise mistakes by pissing about.

The one thing I can see myself getting annoyed with is if (And I think there is a very big chance of this happening) our form isn't great next season it'll be blamed on us playing in the Europa League, I can see it already.

Do I think we'll have a better chance of making top 4? Well we take it season by season, I thought we our team was good enough for top 4 this season mainly because I feel the league was/is poor, we had our chance and blew it. Those teams I felt we had a good chance of 'mixing it' with have improved and we are now a fair way off them again.

But my main issue and something I hope we learn from, change or improve dramatically is our style of play, please can the powers that be assess it and see it for what it is. Dire.

This style of play problem isn't a problem that's exclusive to Leicester City, most teams I watch feel the need to play is this disgusting, boring way, its modern football unfortunately and I think people are losing interest in it (I hope anyway, in need for it to change).

That's no reason as to why we should aspire to playing this way though, let's be the exception rather than the rule.

Edited by Matt
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

Our style of play has to change- the lack of shots on target is appalling. We've been helped massively by Vardy's clinical brilliance and it has masked over some woeful attacking displays.

Finishing is the issue.......

We have plenty of shots but none work the keeper.

Edited by coolhandfox

46 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

yep one of the most sought after players in the league, get rid 

not like he is leading the charts for tackles and inceptions or anything

Like I said, I'm not doubting his ability to win the ball back. It's stuff like passing that needs improving, and the speed of it. Look back at videos of Neil Lennon, he could win the ball back but he was also good at crossing, passing, shooting.

Also, "leading the charts for tackles and interceptions" means that we let more players run at us that any other team, surely. Fabinho and Fernandinho are the best defensive midfielders in the league but they won't be on the charts because the opposition never have chance to have the ball and run at them.

• Thanks 1

My thoughts 

Core players - all easily good enough

Maddison

Vardy 

Soyuncu

Tielemans

Evans

Chillwell

Ricardo 

Nididi

Schmiechal- although needs to sort that distribution out

Praet - good squad player 

Needs work but keep

Barnes - big step up only first year in the Prem and creates a lot but shooting suspect

Perez - I like him, very tidy on his day but never know which ones turning up

Hamza - can play Prem level

Justin - big step up this year and done alright

Kelchi - Very clunky and clumsy player but does get goals!

Question marks

Gray - to many false dawns.. maybe doesnt have it and wont come 

Albrighton/Morgan/Fuchs loyal legends but getting on

Mendy - to injury prone

Need some quality in depth which is our problem. Need to invest in 4 or 5 and thats assuming we keep them all aswell.

Lots of games in that Europa league of you get a run along with a cups. It puts huge pressure on a small squad.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Do I think we'll have a better chance of making top 4? Well we take it season by season, I thought we our team was good enough for top 4 this season mainly because I feel the league was/is poor, we had our chance and blew it. Those teams I felt we had a good chance of 'mixing it' with have improved and we are now a fair way off them again.

Actual think not season could be a opportunity for some to break the top 4 again, it going to be a crazy one, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City all have to carry on for another couple weeks, and are going to be jade. Not convinced Man U or Chelsea are that great, but have the money to chuck enough shit at the door until it sticks on the signings front.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

But my main issue and something I hope we learn from, change or improve dramatically is our style of play, please can the powers that be assess it and see it for what it is. Dire.

I don't think the style of play need a massive tweak, just bit more positivity there ball at speed and creativity from wide players

Personally need more depth and players that are mentally stronger. We have always struggled when the pressure is on. Just need to get our players fit, have a good 2 week break and then go for it. The only positive about our collapse is that we know now the character and skill of each player and we can replace them if required. 

Just now, sheffield_fox said:

We're basically 1 or 2 signings away from being a top 3 club. 

I think I can live with that.... 

IMO we are at least five...

Two wingers, a CB, a CM and a striker is a minimum with priority going to wingers and a CB. Barnes is promising but we need two out and out starters that can help Vardy out in terms of goal scoring. 

• Like 1