Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Changes ......

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Our 2020 form has been horrendous, we've bottled it worse than Spurs did in 2016.

For me the change we need is to sign some proven winners who are experienced and can keep a cool head. Wolves have Moutinho for example, we had Cambiasso a few seasons back. We don't need many, perhaps we only need one, but we've finished the season with relegation form and stinking the place out. If you looked at our form since the restart, it would point to us being at best a top 10 team, and worryingly worse than that.

We still deservedly were top 4 at Christmas and played superb stuff, so we know we are capable of it. But we rely too much on confidence. We need some battle hardened players that raise their game when the stakes are high and confidence is on the floor.

I think our first game next season is absolutely crucial. Win it convincingly and it will put minds at ease, lose it and it will be panic stations.

Totally agree, What about Troy Deeney? 32 years old but he will give us everything he's got. We need someone who will fight for everything.

Edited by 54 Silver Fox

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Sign an excellent winger, this is key, otherwise we'll never get anywhere. We can't keep relying on Vardy to score.

I'm praying Barnes steps up next season, he has to finish more chances if he wants to become a regular at a top 7 club.

That should have happened last season. 

Third time lucky!

5 minutes ago, 54 Silver Fox said:

Totally agree, What about Troy Deeney? 32 years old but he will give us everything he's got. We need someone who will fight for everything.

That's an interesting one. In terms of mentality, I would take him and think he'd get on well with Vardy. But Watford fans say that his body has gone and he's not capable of playing Premier League football to a high level these days. I'm also not sure how he'd fit in with Rodgers style of football as though Deeney is a good link-up man, he's more of an old fashioned physical type of player than one that has finesse. I think if was a few years younger I would say yes, but for now I'd say no.

To be fair, I don't really have a list of names in my head that we could go for. I'm thinking about the Gareth Barry / James Milner types who it looked like were past it but ended up being great for teams even when they were old and not at their peak any more.

Just now, Fox92 said:

I think he's good at winning the ball back but everything else he's so frustrating. 

I can't agree with getting rid of one of the greatest ball-winners in the world, but f*** me am I sick of seeing him blast quality chances over the f****ng bar

• Like 1

Need to address management decision making. 

The choice not to pursue players in the window cost us - 'I prefer working with a small squad.' 

This is why big teams have big squads; the event of an injury crisis can cost you valuable points. If BR is hoping to be an elite management with us then he needs to change that attitude. Manage the squad effectively. 

The man management needs to change - BR its supposed to be a great man manager and yet he's managed the fight out of this group. They've become content and complacent. Most likely resultant of always being told how great they are and how brilliant and how young. Also, chucking Kelechi under the bus for his own poor tactical choices is set best disrespectful and at worst an insult. 

The tactical decisions need to change - as one poster on here pointed out, you can describe a Leicester game without watching it. Multiple times have we played negatively against teams who don't deserve to be allowed that much of a chance. Also substitutions have often made us weaker. 

There's a really good team here and a manager with potential. If we don't maximise the most of both then we will look back on this period with regret. 

• Thanks 1

A lot of the squad will come back better than this season. They are young and learning. Painful as the end of this season was hopefully it helps them

grow as players. On top of that we need a genuine top class winger and some more squad depth. Hopefully we’ve not missed our chance. X 

Who knows. 

We'll lose a few players, maybe some players we don't want to lose and we'll sign a few, only time will tell if they're a success.

Win lose or draw I'll always back them.

18 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

At the end of the day we have had key players missing, people need to cool down, we are still in a European Competition and have finished in the top Five in the league, not a total failure.

So go into the back yard have a good rave and then get on with life.

Our form since Christmas would have got us relegated, which is what I fear next season, if we don't change.

33 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The managers mentality, didn’t realise he was so negative. He’s negative attitude has slowing manifested Into the players.

Didn’t even bother watching today, I could probably summarise how we played without doing so.

Lots of huffing and puffing and passing around at the back. Negative setup, scared to have a go, late subs. It’s every single game!!

40m Tielemans gets the ball and without a doubt slows things down, crab pass not sure if its because he has no pace or its trained into him... the counter attack gas been well and truly trained out of them.

We need more leaders. Especially in midfield, a Cambiasso type signing would be brilliant.

Also very clear that we need more attacking players, whether that be wingers or attacking midfielders.

Milot Rashica, Ismaila Sarr, Benrahma and Eze would be my top choices, preferably all of them.

• Like 4