Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Hamza

50 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Your entitled to your opinion in the same way I am and it’s fine to agree to disagree. 
So I’d like to know what he actually does for us?

Id also like to know why you think we averaged over 9 chances a game last season, which included those dreadful months. Even over 8 a game in 18/19 under Puel, yet this season barely 5 a game, which will now be lower as that was before the Liverpool game?

Whats worse is that’s including pens and we’ve had so many, so from open the stats are even worse.

A huge drop off from the last few seasons and without checking the stats on other teams, I’d guess one of the worst teams in the Premier league.
Mendy limits us going forward because he’s like a passenger and means we need more players in the middle to compensate or we get run over. If we play more in the middle to compensate for him, it leaves Maddison dropping deeper and not in the areas to create and Vardy living off scraps because we have less bodies forward.l, food and drink for teams as they know they just need to crowd Vardy out.

If we commit more forward and leave Mendy as a 2 with Tielemens we get absolutely run over because they both can’t get about the pitch and defend. YT is in to create though as he’s the only guy who can pass, what’s Mendy in for?

It happened Vs West Ham Villa and Liverpool badly. 2nd half vs Wolves we were embarrassing and were lucky to get a pen which allowed us to sh*thouse.

Last season we created so much more, Mendy didn’t play. He played one game vs Brighton all season and coincidentally was probably the worst performance of the season with not a single chance all game.

We also havnt played him in a Europa league game this year and have scored goals for fun and look much better. He’s holding back what can be a great team.

Mendy is one of those players that people disingenuously say played well in a bid to appear that they understand the game better than everyone else but if they actually watch the games I’d like them to tell me what he does?

“Then you have Nampalys Mendy, who was unbelievably good in midfield”

“Then you have Nampalys Mendy, who was unbelievably good in midfield.”

Two quotes from people who work in football - not clueless fans. Those quotes replicate the vast majority of opinion around Mendy this season. Fans, pundits and his own manager seem to think the same.

Not being rude but I think you’re misunderstanding the game. Papy has been very good this year.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Two quotes from people who work in football - not clueless fans. Those quotes replicate the vast majority of opinion around Mendy this season. Fans, pundits and his own manager seem to think the same.

Not being rude but I think you’re misunderstanding the game. Papy has been very good this year.

So good they were quoted twice? :) 

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

You appear to be bidding to appear that you understand the game Babs - how very disingenuous of you.

Well you don’t help yourself for me thinking that by not actually replying to what Mendy actually does? And why you think we have such a poor creativity all season in the league?

Europa league we are so creative and exciting and coincidentally he’s not in.

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Funny you should say that because everyone I speak to from other fans, to Leicester fans I know in person always seem to think he’s a joke. Only on this board seem to worship  him.

Mendys performance vs Liverpool was one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen from an individual. I challenge anyone to watch the full 90 minutes back and follow Mendy every second and tell me what he did. I watched it back twice and was quite frankly the poorest performance I’ve ever seen. He got absolutely run over in every way it was embarrassing watching him. He offers nothing and I cannot wait for Wilf to come back and show the reality potential of this team.

You know it’s bad when your mates watching with you(2 Utd, 1 Liverpool, 1 Spurs and 1 Newcastle) all laugh saying ‘what does he even do!?’. Then the Man Utd fan saying ‘and I thought Fred was sh*t’ .

As soon as Wilf comes back, we can play with a more attacking intent and not need so many defenders to cover for a passenger.

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Well you don’t help yourself for me thinking that by not actually replying to what Mendy actually does? And why you think we have such a poor creativity all season in the league?

Funny you should say that because everyone I speak to from other fans, to Leicester fans I know in person always seem to think he’s a joke. Only on this board seem to worship  him.

Mendys performance vs Liverpool was one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen from an individual. I challenge anyone to watch the full 90 minutes back and follow Mendy every second and tell me what he did. I watched it back twice and was quite frankly the poorest performance I’ve ever seen. He got absolutely run over in every way it was embarrassing watching him. He offers nothing and I cannot wait for Wilf to come back and show the reality potential of this team.

You know it’s bad when your mates watching with you(2 Utd, 1 Liverpool, 1 Spurs and 1 Newcastle) all laugh saying ‘what does he even do!?’. Then the Man Utd fan saying ‘and I thought Fred was sh*t’ .

As soon as Wilf comes back, we can play with a more attacking intent and not need so many defenders to cover for a passenger.

Deano - you cannot, or refuse to read. I DID answer those points. As for Europa League, it might have escaped your notice, but the standard is considerably lower thus far.

Against Liverpool, the whole team was poor. As for your mates, well, maybe you have a shared view of the game, which may or may not reflect well on you all.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Deano - you cannot, or refuse to read. I DID answer those points. As for Europa League, it might have escaped your notice, but the standard is considerably lower thus far.

Against Liverpool, the whole team was poor. As for your mates, well, maybe you have a shared view of the game, which may or may not reflect well on you all.

I still don’t know what you think he does because you havnt said anything but rolling out cliches like ‘he recycles the ball’. Everyone can ‘recycle the ball’ translates to pick up the odd loose ball and pass it back to a cb. He can’t get about the pitch, he trots around , Ive never seen him tackle in my life, he doesn’t intercept and He can’t win a header. He gets breezed out the way by nearly every opponent.

No we don’t share nearly any view but this is one thing that is constantly mentioned and the general consensus.

Mendy vs Liverpool, no interceptions, no tackles won, no headers won. What’s he in the team to do?

• Like 1

On 26/11/2020 at 20:43, deanolegend1989 said:

I’d have Hamza over Mendy. I think Hamza was quality away in Athens and was decent enough today too.

Mendy in the team slows everything down and we look turgid going forward. We look free flowing in every europa league games and better with Hamza.

Hamza has his limitations too but is better than Mendy for me, but still miles behind Wilf. Wilf is far above both of them but Hamza is first cover for me.

Mendy has by far been our most improved player and the best signing of this season in one. Hamza offers ... nothing other than a bomb-scare both with the ball and his feet  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Mendy has by far been our most improved player and the best signing of this season in one. Hamza offers ... nothing other than a bomb-scare both with the ball and his feet  

No he’s not lol. Do you really believe that? Best signing of the season!? 🤦‍♂️. Forfana and Castange are on a different planet! With the former arguably the best young CB in world football and you think Mendy is a better signing? Truly baffling.

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

If we're being honest the same happened with wilf some times last year where soyuncu and evans ended up passing it between each other 50 times because he wasnt making himself available. People will only point it out with choudhury and not ndidi because they dont like choudhury and overanalyse him whilst overlooking the weaknesses of others.

Wilf is hundred times better at it. It’s one area of his game which has moved way on since joining. Notable how his passing has improved. 

My actual wider point is that Choudhury should be used or viewed more as an actual central midfielder rather than defensive midfielder 

27 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I still don’t know what you think he does because you havnt said anything but rolling out cliches like ‘he recycles the ball’. Everyone can ‘recycle the ball’ translates to pick up the odd loose ball and pass it back to a cb. He can’t get about the pitch, he trots around , Ive never seen him tackle in my life, he doesn’t intercept and He can’t win a header. He gets breezed out the way by nearly every opponent.

No we don’t share nearly any view but this is one thing that is constantly mentioned and the general consensus.

Mendy vs Liverpool, no interceptions, no tackles won, no headers won. What’s he in the team to do?

LOL I'm rolling out cliches? Like...........one that I didn't say? 

I was right, you don't read with any care.

10 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

No he’s not lol. Do you really believe that? Best signing of the season!? 🤦‍♂️. Forfana and Castange are on a different planet! With the former arguably the best young CB in world football and you think Mendy is a better signing? Truly baffling.

Yes. Without Mendy deputising for Ndidi just where would be be? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

So good they were quoted twice? :) 

Sorry, was meant to quote this second but it was dinner time and I was rushing:

“It is quite a feat to run the midfield against Kevin De Bruyne and co, but he did just that. He disrupted Manchester City’s rhythm and launched counter-attack after counter-attack.”

Deano - see above. It’s not just this board, Mendy has had some excellent games this year. Playing in tight spaces, quick passes and setting off attacks. You quote Liverpool, I’ll ask you to watch Man City, Arsenal and Leeds. If you can’t see his role in those games, I can’t help you.

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

As soon as Wilf comes back, we can play with a more attacking intent and not need so many defenders to cover for a passenge

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 1

Hamza had a good game on Thursday - he’s been v good in Europa and he’s doing his prospects no harm at all. He’s definitely not as rash in his tackling and on occasion I’ve seen him picking his passes well. I’m not saying he’s De Bruyne, but he is becoming increasingly adept at passing.

Well done Hamza - great to see a local lad doing well!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Are you sure you didn't watch the same interview on catch up?

Are you sure you didn't watch the same interview on catch up?

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

LOL I'm rolling out cliches? Like...........one that I didn't say? 

I was right, you don't read with any care.

Still havnt answered what he does so we can leave it at that 😂.

3 hours ago, casablancas said:

Yes. Without Mendy deputising for Ndidi just where would be be? 

We’d be better with Hamza there. We’ve looked better with Hamza than Mendy, he had a great game vs Athens and home vs Braga and is above Mendy and the potential to become even better.

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

“the poorest performance I’ve ever seen“ You’re like 12 then, yes?

His performance against Liverpool was one of the worst I’ve seen yes. Up there with his vs Brighton last year.

He didn’t win a tackle, interception, header all game. He didn’t travel with the ball, no forward passes and he arguably should of been sent off the one time he tried to tackle someone. Absolutely awful, anyone who hand on heart thinks him or Wilf is even a decision needs their head testing.

Micky - I’ve watched every single game this year. He wasn’t great in any of those games but sometimes we will still win despite him due to our squad overall is brilliant.

Hes been average/awful between most games, even some we won like Burnley and Wolves he was poor.

How many tackles does he make? How many interceptions? How many headers?

Id like to see if the stats back it up. Wilf is in a different planet and will give us much better protection.

15 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I've seen him clearly contribute, break up attacks, break up the press often and, just as importantly, I've seen and inferred that he's very well respected by his colleagues. 

There you go @deanolegend1989. It was there all along. I agree this should end here, as conversations with you of this nature are circular and pointless.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but at the end of the day only one opinion counts & that is Brendan's & apparently he thinks Mendy is better suited to play than Hamza !
I feel that BR has improved Hamza's play & he doesn't appear to be as rash as before. Hopefully there is a player in Hamza that can take the next step. I would love to see him progress into a top player.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Sorry to chime in Deano, just adding another perspective and without repeating all the observations many have already stated in various threads, when Wilf was playing we were not more “creative”. We have played some good football with Mendy in the team as he can help the ball move forward as a team. A problem identified last year is that given Rodgers like to play possession football from the back, we lacked the quality needed to have the ball brought forward from the back to midfield fluidly and with speed when teams play a high press against us - this is what Norwich did in late 2019 and other teams followed and hence our collapse. Chilwell and Ndidi were in particular liability in that department and Madders were asked by Rodgers to drop back to help out but he was not suited for that role. In my opinion, Mendy is much better in that role. But it is a team sport. When we are pressed, we need to have all of our back players to be able to confidently move the ball around. So when Castagne was playing instead of Chilwell (not Justin was always going to play on either side if Ricardo does not play), we solved that problem a lot better - last season, when the ball got to Ndidi, his lack of passing skills meant he often has to pass it back or makes risky forward passes; when the ball got to Chilwell, it often led to a backward pass; and as we played 4 at the back with Ndidi supporting, having 2 key of the 5 players who constantly backpass meant that we often could not get into the opponent half as fans may recall. This season, Rodgers is solving that problem much better because of a formation change and having Mendy there. We are not playing as well in recent games and hence why you may think Mendy is useless is because we also have Castagne injured! Albrighton is OK, but he is not RB and not as good as Castagne. To play the style that Rodgers wants the team to play, we need all our outfield players to be able to pass accurately and fast. So Fofana is also an upgrade in this regard. When we have our two first choice full backs back - Ricardo and Castagne - you will see why Mendy is even more important as he can help keep the ball moving to our attacking players. He is so good in dropping into holes to help teammates make a pass or to fill in holes that are left behind by others who dashed forward, all in the while that when he gets the ball, he is more accurate than Wilf in being able to get the ball upfield.

Mendy has become such an important player for us for the reasons you say. In an ideal situation I think  Brendan would like NDiddi to add Mendy's footballing brain to Wilf's defensive play.

This is why I'd like to see them get a run together  in a three with Youri. The team would be better balanced than it is with Wilf on his own. As we'd have cover on both sides of the pitch and the abiity to make better Triangles both inside and out along the wings .I'm a big fan of Wilf but there's a reason why we've done so well since his injury and Mendy has more than played his part.

What we really need is someone who can mix it both physically and football wise. A YaYa Toure type of player who can win the challenges in midfield and also start attacks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Mendy has become such an important player for us for the reasons you say. In an ideal situation I think  Brendan would like NDiddi to add Mendy's footballing brain to Wilf's defensive play.

This is why I'd like to see them get a run together  in a three with Youri. The team would be better balanced than it is with Wilf on his own. As we'd have cover on both sides of the pitch and the abiity to make better Triangles both inside and out along the wings .I'm a big fan of Wilf but there's a reason why we've done so well since his injury and Mendy has more than played his part.

What we really need is someone who can mix it both physically and football wise. A YaYa Toure type of player who can win the challenges in midfield and also start attacks.

Jesus christ no, how many times do we have to see mendy and ndidi play together before everyone is 100% on board that theyre a shite combo. Two players doing the same job with less range in passing combined than any of tielemans, maddison or even praet have alone. Mendy and ndidi look much worse when the other player is on the pitch, having both is completely redundant and stunts the rest of the team.

• Like 3

On 27/11/2020 at 18:31, deanolegend1989 said:

It’s not anything to do with ‘putting him down’.

Hamza is poor on the ball but at least he hassles mistakes into opposition and isn’t just walked through so pathetically.

when you say someone is walked through pathetically, you are putting them down.

It maybe be an opinion but it’s  a very inaccurate one, That’s part of what makes it a put down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 28/11/2020 at 00:08, Ian Nacho said:

For me comparing Hamza to Wilf and Mendy is just wrong. Hamza's game is far too aggressive to play in the screening position, which requires discipline. I think we would see a different Hamza playing alongside Tielemans and Mendy/Wilf.

The issue here though is Choudhury isn't a proficient enough passer of the ball, there,xs no adventure in his passing and is a serious downgrade in that regard to Maddison, Tielemans and Praet.