Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

David Brooks

20 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Becoming really clear who has seen Brooks play and who just looked at lsst seasons stats

And thankfully if there is any truth in our interest then the club would have utilised hours of statistical analysis, comparing his performance output in key areas. It'll all be based on sound, well research sports science. Trust the system. Congerton worries me slightly mind. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steve Earle said:

What do you think is his best position @Finnegan? Wide or central?

Left footed right winger, ie exactly what we need. It's possible he identifies as a 10 but then so did Maddison. We just don't really play that position in our best formation. 

If Rodgers gets the players he wants, I assume we'll go back to 433 and Brooks would play on the right. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fits our model of signing young talented players with sell on value. Brooks has everything about him to be a superb signing for us. Barnes, Tielemans, Maddison, Ndidi and Brooks superb central midfield and attacking players there. Would be very happy with this signing. 

3 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Yes give me another barnes please, 22 years old and looks like he could be scoring 10+ goals a season in a few years if he fixes up that finishing.

The only thing that is making me look forward to next season is the possibility of Barnes kicking on and being as devastating as he's capable of. We could all see from January to the point of lockdown he had started to gain confidence and consistency and was our most dangerous player. It is frustrating he came back after the restart and was largely poor, but whether it's blind faith or not I think next season will be the one for him, he's going the Euro's mark my words.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Just because Brooks is promising doesn’t mean he’s going to fix all our answers if he signs. We made the same mistake this season just gone by putting too much expectation on Barnes to deliver.

Maybe between the two of them, and being another year older, they can negate the problem, but if we sign Brooks we need him and another dynamic forward, in my opinion. 

Don't think anyone believes any one signing fixes all of our problems surely. 

But the more quality young players we keep adding the better. Unless Brooks injury catches up with him there's almost no chance we don't eventually make profit from him and he improves our team. 

What's not to like? 

For all my enthusiasm in this thread, I should stress I doubt this actually happens, we're probably not even looking at him but still. He'd be a good signing. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Word in Bournemouth is that West Ham  have been sniffing around at £15m but they want a lot more than that ....

he’s the best player they have that they don’t want to lose ......

Will salthouse is his agent and is west hams preferred agent - we really should be blowing them out the water here.

5 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

I really hoped we would be getting an actual winger this just feels like another perez where we buy a CAM whos played on the wing once or twice.

'Actual wingers' don't really exist in practice at many of the top clubs, it is mostly inside forwards in 4-3-3 systems, where the inside forwards are system players and good finishers. Look at Sterling, Salah, Mane, Son - those guys have been moulded into deadly finishers as opposed to players that can beat a man. Sometimes a more 'creative' winger like Mahrez, Traore or Albrighton (less so) can be useful, but generally speaking it's about having inside forwards and getting the creativity from full-back.

For me that's one of the biggest reasons why I want to see Chilwell go. For me our most comprehensive performance of the season aside from Southampton was Villa at home prior to the lockdown, and that was because Justin perfected the attacking positioning from the left to allow Barnes the space in the channel inside. Chilwell drives inside too often which leaves him and Barnes in the same areas which is completely useless.

Perez and Barnes are both decent inside forward players, but both have weaknesses - Barnes can't finish and Perez doesn't get into scoring positions often enough. Both will improve over time with more experience in Rodgers' system, IMO.

They will keep Albrighton around as a different option, a creator with the long and direct ball/cross. I don't think Rodgers believes Gray has what it takes to play that position, hence why when he comes on he plays in a deeper role and looks to drive through with the ball similar to how Ricardo would play but slightly further up the field - for that reason I think Demarai will be out the door this summer.

Brooks is a good enough goalscorer from what I've seen to be a right sided Barnes. He wouldn't be my first choice but he is a typical City signing of the last few years and I think he'd do alright for us.

34 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

I really hoped we would be getting an actual winger this just feels like another perez where we buy a CAM whos played on the wing once or twice.

Totally not having a dig, but what sort of winger do you mean? As a example, like who?

21 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Totally not having a dig, but what sort of winger do you mean? As a example, like who?

Someone like everton from germiro. Someone whos main game is flair and beating their man too me brooks just seems like a younger welsh perez. Underwhelming signing in my opinion. Not as underwhelming as ghezzal but we could do better abroad. 

Edited by Fightforever
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fightforever said:

Someone like everton from germiro. Someone whos main game is flair and beating their man too me brooks just seems like a younger welsh perez.

Theyre completely different players though, perez is more of a second striker, brooks is more like a wide midfielder like barnes. For me the biggest difference is that brookes actually passes the ball from outside the box to players inside the box unlike perez who stands inside the box and links up with other people around him. Independent of brook's quality as a player just having that creativity from wide areas instead of cramming the box like we do with perez will be a gamechanger.

7 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Someone like everton from germiro. Someone whos main game is flair and beating their man too me brooks just seems like a younger welsh perez.

FM 2020 tells me to sign him whatever the price, so go on then. lol

Edited by Dahnsouff

1 hour ago, Fightforever said:

That CERTAINLY doesn't apply to Brooks who plays by far more games on the RW. 7 out of his 9 games this year for example.