Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

David Brooks

33 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Please lock this thread, hes being rumored for every club in the PL ffs.

He’s not really is he. It’s ourselves, West Ham, Newcastle and Palace who have been linked with him. He fits the type of player our manager has stated he would be interested in. He’s been linked by Sky so it’s worth having a thread. 

16 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

He’s not really is he. It’s ourselves, West Ham, Newcastle and Palace who have been linked with him. He fits the type of player our manager has stated he would be interested in. He’s been linked by Sky so it’s worth having a thread. 

really... interesting

image.png.395b369a2bb8a046ee5c1bd6830b2cc3.png

image.png.1ec9cbb41ae2d386cc64afbfd3be5a85.png

image.png.a01e540afd59b0583aa52b0dbac2ac51.png

Edited by Simoken

3 minutes ago, Simoken said:

really... interesting

image.png.395b369a2bb8a046ee5c1bd6830b2cc3.png

image.png.1ec9cbb41ae2d386cc64afbfd3be5a85.png

image.png.a01e540afd59b0583aa52b0dbac2ac51.png

@Gerard is going to be really upset.  Brooks price has just doubled then! 

3 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

you may well be right, it makes logical sense. but what if it was Tottenham,  Arsenal and us?  Both finished below us in the league.... but would we expect the price to go up because they are "bigger" clubs?

Yes because they're a higher level club than us.

If you put a player on the market then the sort of clubs who show an interest tells you how the market rates them. 

Brooks could be exactly the same level as Grealish but because Brooks attracts mid table clubs and Grealish attracts the elite clubs then the value is different. I'm not saying Brooks is as good as Grealish but just making a point. 

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

If your Bournemouth and players don't have relegation clauses then you have to accept there will be a fire sale after relegation.

If we rule out the "big six" of having a chance of being relegated then there 21%+ chance you'll be relegated for the other 14 clubs. Relegation should be regarded as an occupational hazard for the majority of PL clubs.

yeah for sure, that's why i was surprised to see it. could be bollocks but it looks like people are already moving in if Man City's bid is to believed.

55 minutes ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Brooks would be an ace signing for reasons mention already. He just fits the type of mould of player we go after.

while sniffing around relegated teams lets go for Deulofeu as well.. rapid and could add goals from wide

Some spelling issues? lol

51 minutes ago, Wakeyfox said:

Sister in law's partner has no idea, his lad is seeing him at the weekend. Will probably have signed for someone else by then, but if this comes off I'd like to think it's down to my charm... 

Screenshot_20200730_201038_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

You need to wipe your screen there 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Wakeyfox said:

Sister in law's partner has no idea, his lad is seeing him at the weekend. Will probably have signed for someone else by then, but if this comes off I'd like to think it's down to my charm... 

Screenshot_20200730_201038_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Is your mate Luke Freeman’s dad? lol he’s been looking for a loan since he joined them! 

• Like 1

Brooks is on a level with Maddison.  He would be a major addition giving us choice and depth.  If we could get Brooks and a decent centre back (who would realistically be cover),  we would have met what I would see as the minimum needed for improvement.

27 minutes ago, majaco said:

Brooks is on a level with Maddison.  He would be a major addition giving us choice and depth.  If we could get Brooks and a decent centre back (who would realistically be cover),  we would have met what I would see as the minimum needed for improvement.

Eh

1 hour ago, Lcfc82 said:

I’d be really dubious about signing him with his injury record. He’s not played that many games really. 

Would be a gamble and we need to get the recruitment spot on in this window 

He's had one significant injury FFS.

5 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

He's had one significant injury FFS.

Yeah and he’s been out for a long time with it and hasn’t really proved his fitness since the restart.

all I’m saying is it’s a gamble, don’t want another Matty James situation 

1 minute ago, Lcfc82 said:

Yeah and he’s been out for a long time with it and hasn’t really proved his fitness since the restart.

all I’m saying is it’s a gamble, don’t want another Matty James situation 

He played in all 9 games did he not? Don't see how much more he could have proven himself in that short space of time.

• Like 2