Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

David Brooks

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Don't think anyone believes any one signing fixes all of our problems surely. 

But the more quality young players we keep adding the better. Unless Brooks injury catches up with him there's almost no chance we don't eventually make profit from him and he improves our team. 

What's not to like? 

For all my enthusiasm in this thread, I should stress I doubt this actually happens, we're probably not even looking at him but still. He'd be a good signing. 

Get out of the forum, you wum.

People were quite happy talking garbage and you spoil it by talking sense.   I bet you think that your ridiculous, measured views add to the quality of debate.

I agree with you.  Brooks would add quality.

• Haha 3

On 30/07/2020 at 17:03, honeybradger said:

I think he's the best winger we've been linked with. Sarr might have a higher potential but he's still raw, i think brooks is a much better rounded player right now which is what we need.

Sarr is just a Brazilian Gray.

Not sure:

A. Why people keep comparing Brooks to Perez or suggesting he's a "Welsh Perez." What does that even mean? They don't play anything like each other. Brooks is really quite quick, dynamic, carries the ball dangerously. I like Perez but he's about as dynamic as Shinji was. 

B. Why on Earth Brooks would be intimidated by Ayoze Perez and wouldn't sign for Leicester because he wouldn't back himself to usurp him lol

End of the day, that's where the manager has to get involved in signings isn't it? You talk to the lad, you sell your project to him, you tell him what you want him to contribute and how you see him fitting in. If Rodgers is approaching prospective wingers and going "sorry Neymar but this Perez kid we have is irreplaceable, you can sign but you're going to start on the bench" we'd have a problem. 

Edited by Finnegan

10 minutes ago, PrecociousFox93 said:

Bournemouth are in trouble...

Or, Bournemouth finally get rid of the anchor that's dragged them out the Premier league. 

Honestly one of the most talented squads in the bottom half. When you look at thru recruitment model and the profile of their squad they're really not much different to us. 

Lots of young, talented, decent footballers. Howe is just a shit manager that doesn't have a clue how to defend. He's like the anti Pulis, obsessive fixation on "quality football" and no defensive organisation. You need to be somewhere in the middle and he's way off. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Or, Bournemouth finally get rid of the anchor that's dragged them out the Premier league. 

Honestly one of the most talented squads in the bottom half. When you look at thru recruitment model and the profile of their squad they're really not much different to us. 

Lots of young, talented, decent footballers. Howe is just a shit manager that doesn't have a clue how to defend. He's like the anti Pulis, obsessive fixation on "quality football" and no defensive organisation. You need to be somewhere in the middle and he's way off. 

Even so, he’s also the manager that got them to the Premier League. Without Howe they’re still in league 1 / championship at best. 

I do understand your points, but as a club they’ve been punching above their weight for years.

Anyways, hopefully this news may be the final nail in the coffin for some of the players leaving - Brooks in particular.

5 minutes ago, PrecociousFox93 said:

Even so, he’s also the manager that got them to the Premier League. Without Howe they’re still in league 1 / championship at best. 

I do understand your points, but as a club they’ve been punching above their weight for years.

Anyways, hopefully this news may be the final nail in the coffin for some of the players leaving - Brooks in particular.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I agree. Bournemouth bought their way to the Premier league. Money got them there, they have very wealthy Russian investors. 

"Without Howe" they'd have found some other solid lower league manager to get them there. 

The thing is, Howe is a good manager for the Championship if you've got good players because he plays a type of football that's ideal for creating and scoring goals when you're the stronger side on paper. 

But he's got no idea how to adapt that to a winning system when his players AREN'T the best in the league. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I thought they had a talented squad a few years ago but actually scratch the surface and it's distinctly average except for a few wingers, a forward and a centre half. Absolutely nothing else.

22 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I agree. Bournemouth bought their way to the Premier league. Money got them there, they have very wealthy Russian investors. 

"Without Howe" they'd have found some other solid lower league manager to get them there. 

The thing is, Howe is a good manager for the Championship if you've got good players because he plays a type of football that's ideal for creating and scoring goals when you're the stronger side on paper. 

But he's got no idea how to adapt that to a winning system when his players AREN'T the best in the league. 

I wouldn’t say they bought their way to the premier league considering their net spend in every season was less >£1.5m in all but one season until they reached the Prem. 

Let’s be honest, nobody expected Bournemouth to last 5 seasons, with one finish in the top 10. They overachieved massively. 

Ake, Wilson, King, Brooks and Fraser are good. The rest are padded out with pretty average footballers or journeymans (not to mention the poor transfers over the years which may or may not be Howe’s fault).

Edited by PrecociousFox93

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought they had a talented squad a few years ago but actually scratch the surface and it's distinctly average except for a few wingers, a forward and a centre half. Absolutely nothing else.

Their most reliable players are getting on a bit .Simon Francis, Steve Cook, Andrew Surman, Charlie Daniels are all well into their 30s. Adam Smith is 29. 

Once those guys started to fade, Howe was incapable of replacing them. Most of his big money transfer were miserable failures. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

you were doing so well for a couple of posts...

lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

you were doing so well for a couple of posts...

lol

I genuinely don't rate him and if you think I'm somehow alone in that and that it's an absurd or outlandish view I think you've probably slept through the last couple of seasons. 

You think their squad is vastly worse than Sheffield United? Burnley? Brighton? Newcastle? Villa? 

His naivety has seen them go down. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I genuinely don't rate him and if you think I'm somehow alone in that and that it's an absurd or outlandish view I think you've probably slept through the last couple of seasons. 

You think their squad is vastly worse than Sheffield United? Burnley? Brighton? Newcastle? Villa? 

His naivety has seen them go down. 

he took a club with a 12,000 capacity stadium and tiny fan base from the second division to the prem and kept them there for 5 years.. if you don’t rate him, i’m pretty sure you are in the minority as he is very well respected in the football world.

If i was a betting man i’d put money on him getting another prem Job soon.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, majaco said:

Fantastic respect.  What a stupid, ignorant post.

Despite Gray being a bench player his goal/assist contribution rate is about the same as Sarr. If Gray was playing week in, week out, he'd have a better output.
I think Gray is a promising player, so by effect I'm not disrespecting Sarr but I admit I'm guilty of messing up his nationality. I was aware that he was Senegalese but I misremembered while typing that post.

Edited by MickeyMouse