Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

David Brooks

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Any idea the sorta of cash being talked about for Brooks? If he could re-capture his pre injury form he’d be a very good signing.

I haven't saw anything quoted but I would imagine it being somewhere between £25-£30m.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, One Arm Babba said:

Oh great! Here come the Welsh Leicester fans...

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿👍👍👍👍

I spoke to my Sheffield Utd supporting mate about him as I was A) Confused about why they wouldn't want him back and B) wondered how on earth he ever worked in Wilders system.

Essentially, he was pretty much always an impact sub and played as a number 10/false 9 when he came on, as part of their front two.

Whilst he showed flashes of brilliance no one at Sheff Utd was that devastated about him leaving. I guess it helped that they didn't particularly need wingers. 

Of his 30 appearances in the Champ before leaving for Bournemouth, 20 were as a sub.

Whilst he was fairly impressive first season for Bournemouth, i'm just not sure I understand why everyone is so desperate for this to happen?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Wakeyfox said:

Got an update on this last night. 

Basically he wants to be with a prem team to make sure of his place at the euros next year. He thinks all the speculation is funny because he's not had contact from anyone other than Palace and he's not keen on going there... 

He would jump at a move to Leicester, he's friendly with a couple of our players but nothing has been said on or off the record. 

Makes you wonder what players agents do doesn't it? Not very proactive.... 

Bloody agents, why aren't they stirring up interest? WE NEED MORE AGENTS!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wakeyfox said:

Basically he wants to be with a prem team to make sure of his place at the euros next year. He thinks all the speculation is funny because he's not had contact from anyone other than Palace and he's not keen on going there... 

He would jump at a move to Leicester, he's friendly with a couple of our players but nothing has been said on or off the record. 

Be funny if the club ( Leicester) read this and think , Shit he's up for the move let's put a bid in .:ph34r:

On 27/07/2020 at 14:22, sdb said:

Totally agree with all of that, although I think across the many attributes we haven't covered, Chilwell comes out on top more often. Obviously half a decades experience will do that!

I hope we can hold on to them both. They'd be fantastic assets to have for the long term, and I hope we don't let Chilwell go easily.

As a Leicester fan, I feel obliged to hopefully read the transfer thread.  This shows that it is even more of a waste of time than I thought.

I have read just read two pages on Benrahma who there has been no real speculation about for weeks.

1 hour ago, majaco said:

As a Leicester fan, I feel obliged to hopefully read the transfer thread.  This shows that it is even more of a waste of time than I thought.

I have read just read two pages on Benrahma who there has been no real speculation about for weeks.

The joys of being a football fan during the transfer window! Embrace it you will be sad when it’s gone and we’ve got nothing to talk about :scarf:

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Bloody agents, why aren't they stirring up interest? WE NEED MORE AGENTS!

The point is that surely as his agent should be going out to find him a move to wherever he wants to go. Plus the agent would make his cut out of any move... 

Maybe I'll ask if I can take over, seems like money for nothing to me. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wakeyfox said:

The point is that surely as his agent should be going out to find him a move to wherever he wants to go. Plus the agent would make his cut out of any move... 

Maybe I'll ask if I can take over, seems like money for nothing to me. 

Sure. He might just be a canny soul and has been told what to say (or not say). It's hard to imagine his agent isn't doing anything...

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Sure. He might just be a canny soul and has been told what to say (or not say). It's hard to imagine his agent isn't doing anything...

True. The agent bit was tongue in cheek really. Anyway, I'm more excited about the guy from Barcelona even though I know nothing about him!

True. The agent bit was tongue in cheek really. Anyway, I'm more excited about the guy from Barcelona even though I know nothing about him!

No disrespect to Brooks, but this is really a Kobe Beef vs. Outback sirloin situation.  Brooks would be a pretty typical Leicester signing, whereas Trincao is one you would never believe if someone suggested we were even a player.  I'd love to get Brooks but he's just not a prospect on the same level. 

8 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

No disrespect to Brooks, but this is really a Kobe Beef vs. Outback sirloin situation.  Brooks would be a pretty typical Leicester signing, whereas Trincao is one you would never believe if someone suggested we were even a player.  I'd love to get Brooks but he's just not a prospect on the same level. 

Not being picky, but how do we know this? How do we know this isn't the model that Barcelona are following, using their immense presence to increase a players value to profit from their rapid sale?

I am still quite unclear what happened with Jean Clair Todibo, another amazing talent signed by Barcelona but now on loan at Schalke

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not being picky, but how do we know this? How do we know this isn't the model that Barcelona are following, using their immense presence to increase a players value to profit from their rapid sale?

I am still quite unclear what happened with Jean Clair Todibo, another amazing talent signed by Barcelona but now on loan at Schalke

I think considering he went for 27 mil off of 30 portugese league appearances means he must be a fairly big talent. Also apparently he was portugal's best player in their u17 and u19 world cup wins and these youth competitions are usually a good gauge for how talented a player is.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Wakeyfox said:

To be fair, if agents were knocking of the door of clubs offering a player, it'll seem as if the player and agent are desperate for a move, so their negoting power in terms of wages would be reduced. 

Just now, BKLFox said:

Liverpool pondering a £35m shock move for Brooks, seems a bit steep but if correct we can wipe him from our search 

I can't see them being willing to spend that much on him, they have backed out of getting Jamal Lewis for ~£20m and gone for Tsimikas because he is cheaper

• Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

I can't see them being willing to spend that much on him, they have backed out of getting Jamal Lewis for ~£20m and gone for Tsimikas because he is cheaper

I know seems strange bet every source quote the same figure, even if LFC say no at that price he probably off our list also