Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

David Brooks

Bournemouth need to sell as they owe several tens of millions UKP in scheduled unpaid Transfer Installments.  The vultures will start to circle once Howe leaves and Harry is installed as their new Manager.

A left-footed RW with a bit of cheek to him - he would indeed be an excellent fit.  If the competition is truly the likes of CP and Newcastle, I'd hate to lose out - really no excuse.

• Like 2

I am willing to forgo my obsession with Calvin Stengs if we got Brooks in. What I think makes Brooks an ideal target for us is that he isn't a traditional winger and can operate in a central attacking 2 behind a striker which Rodgers seems to love. If we could get him and an attacking midfielder who is also comfortable drifting out wide (Eze, Cantwell types) then that would really give us the options we've lacked.

• Like 4

Think on paper this is the RW signing that makes the most sense. Young, British left footed creative right winger and should be able to get for a reasonable price approx 20/ 25mil? 

Would definitely improve our attacking options. Get it done. 

• Like 3

Just now, Foxes96 said:

Think on paper this is the RW signing that makes the most sense. Young, British left footed creative right winger and should be able to get for a reasonable price approx 20/ 25mil

Would definitely improve our attacking options. Get it done. 

do we really think we'd get him for £25m??......... if he was a Leicester player we would be saying "needs to be at least £50m.".......   

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Wants 100k a week apparently.

100k a week is a great deal with no transfer fee involved. Over the last couple of seasons his attacking output has been right up there with the very best. Would definitely have to put clauses in his contract punishing him if he refuses to play though.

1 minute ago, Greg2607 said:

do we really think we'd get him for £25m??......... if he was a Leicester player we would be saying "needs to be at least £50m.".......   

last i read was a load of their players haven't got relegation clauses so they need the skrilla

2 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

And if he was Real Madrid we'd be saying at least £70 million and if my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

Yeah it's not like Bournemouth will be short on suitors for him. Even if their financial position may be a bit dodgy after relegation, if there's no clause after going down then it'll be highest bidder wins. I reckon we'd have to break our transfer record for him.

Could be a sound investment, mind.

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He is like Barnes, but with better end product. If Barnes gets out of this playground mentality of getting the ball and pegging it, and work on his finishing, these two would cause havock on Thursdays and Sundays. 

Doesn't have anywhere near Barnes' pace to be fair.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

He'd be my number 1 target.

Still young and a tricky left footed right winger, would compliment Barnes well who is more direct and pacey.

He's an easy one to get as he'll almost certainly be leaving Bournemouth in the summer and the only stumbling block is what other clubs are in for him. Ticks loads of boxes for us being a player who plays in a position we could do with strengthening and a bit of a different skill set to our other wide players. A good age and we should be a very tempting proposition with a chance to be coached by BR and a lot of very talented players about the same age as him.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I can't say I have watched him play much, is he someone who would help us get top 6? 37 prem appearances. Seems like he would be a good midtable signing though.

He was very, very good in 18/19. Back at full fitness he is a top 6 player in my mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

Look at the level of clubs being linked to him, you can't be asking for £50m when the likes of Palace, Newcastle, West Ham and ourselves are interested. Bournemouth need to sell their assets and the players who attract bids from PL clubs will want to go. Bournemouth can't afford to play hardball and will accept reasonable offers. 

It's why signing the best players from relegated clubs is a good strategy for clubs like ours as they're not too difficult to get. 

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Look at the level of clubs being linked to him, you can't be asking for £50m when the likes of Palace, Newcastle, West Ham and ourselves are interested. Bournemouth need to sell their assets and the players who attract bids from PL clubs will want to go. Bournemouth can't afford to play hardball and will accept reasonable offers. 

It's why signing the best players from relegated clubs is a good strategy for clubs like ours as they're not too difficult to get. 

you may well be right, it makes logical sense. but what if it was Tottenham,  Arsenal and us?  Both finished below us in the league.... but would we expect the price to go up because they are "bigger" clubs?