Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

David Brooks

9 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

last i read was a load of their players haven't got relegation clauses so they need the skrilla

If your Bournemouth and players don't have relegation clauses then you have to accept there will be a fire sale after relegation.

If we rule out the "big six" of having a chance of being relegated then there 21%+ chance you'll be relegated for the other 14 clubs. Relegation should be regarded as an occupational hazard for the majority of PL clubs.

Would love to see Brooks come in.

I know swap deals never ever happen so pointless to even hypothesise, but i will anyway, if Bournemouth were interested in Gray or Albrighton they'd be perfect makeweights to lower the cash outlay.

Then if we could get a Sarr type as well we'd be set out wide i reckon (although that is predicated on us returning to the 4-1-4-1 formation when everyone is fit again).

Edited by martyn

29 minutes ago, Alex_LCFC said:

Too similar to Perez for me 

Perez is a forward/support striker that has been utilised on the wing for a few years at Newcastle and become a supposed winger.

Brooks is an inverted winger/attacking midfielder in the mould of Juan Mata or Bernardo Silva.

2 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

you may well be right, it makes logical sense. but what if it was Tottenham,  Arsenal and us?  Both finished below us in the league.... but would we expect the price to go up because they are "bigger" clubs?

Yes because they're a higher level club than us.

If you put a player on the market then the sort of clubs who show an interest tells you how the market rates them. 

Brooks could be exactly the same level as Grealish but because Brooks attracts mid table clubs and Grealish attracts the elite clubs then the value is different. I'm not saying Brooks is as good as Grealish but just making a point. 

2 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Ale going Man City for £41 million, weren’t we quoted in region of 60 last summer? Going on this brooks may not be that expensive?

Bournemouth need to raise a lot of money IMO. They'll sell 2-3 and try and get some of the other high earners off their books who are older too.

• Like 1

Its not just about Bournemouth (Watford and Norwich too) keeping their finances in order, you also have to remember that players want to be in the top leagues, and wil be pushed to be in them by their ego, ambition and agents.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, matty98 said:

He's a decent player but can't see him getting the 10 goals and 10 assists that we're really looking for. If it was a 10-15m job then fair enough but they'll probably want atleast 25m. 

7 goals 5 assists at 22 years old last year, people seem to have short memories he was one of the next big things in the PL not so long ago. 25 mil is a steal for a player of his ability.

He would be a Leicester type signing, he’d fit like a glove in our plethora of young talent.

He’s been out for a good while and is starting to find his feet again, but this is too good an opportunity to miss.

Brooks has been highly rated for a while, Wales player of the year in 2018, had a good first season with Bournemouth before he got injured.

He’d be a sensible signing, fits our style and a player that would make fans excited.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

7 goals 5 assists at 22 years old last year, people seem to have short memories he was one of the next big things in the PL not so long ago. 25 mil is a steal for a player of his ability.

I rate him, just not for 25 million, he's just had a year out injured. Who knows what that'll do to him.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Only De Bruyne, Salah and Son got 10 goals, 10 assists last season in the PL.

£25m doesn't buy you that player and to get one we have to take a chance on potential. 

I know we can't go out and buy a ready made player that will deliver those numbers but I don't see Brooks as being capable of reaching that level.

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Its not just about Bournemouth (Watford and Norwich too) keeping their finances in order, you also have to remember that players want to be in the top leagues, and wil be pushed to be in them by their ego, ambition and agents.

With that in mind, how about Watford’s Brazilian winger Joao Pedro?  We’d have our first Brazilian player too

2 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Scared to think what Bournemouth will demand for brooks considering they’re getting 40m for ake on the back of relegation. 

Ake is going Man City and been linked with elite clubs. Brooks isn't linked with elite clubs so they can't expect elite money.