Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

David Brooks

9 hours ago, PrecociousFox93 said:

Even so, he’s also the manager that got them to the Premier League. Without Howe they’re still in league 1 / championship at best. 

I do understand your points, but as a club they’ve been punching above their weight for years.

Anyways, hopefully this news may be the final nail in the coffin for some of the players leaving - Brooks in particular.

you misspelled Russian Millions.

People forget the way Bournemouth broke FFP on a huge scale to get out if the championship (worse than we did) Most managers could have done the same as Howe with the level of investment he got.

• Sad 1

On 31/07/2020 at 15:33, Paddy. said:

I'm sure many will disagree with me but I genuinely wouldn't want Fraser, thought the way he acted towards the end of his Bournemouth career was a disgrace, totally selfish. I understand why he refused to play but I completely disagree with it. The chances of him copping a really serious injury in the final 6 games were minimal and his club, his teammates and his manager needed him and he turned his back on them. For me that just screams selfish twat.

Personally I'd love to see every other club make an example of him and not offer him a contract at all but it's not going to happen.

I agree with most people's points about Brooks though, would definitely have him here. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

People forget the way Bournemouth broke FFP on a huge scale to get out if the championship (worse than we did) Most managers could have done the same as Howe with the level of investment he got.

To be fair, I wasn’t aware their wage bill was that high. But the breach is the low turnover, not in particular a huge transfer budget or wages in comparison to other clubs as they had the lowest in the league when promoted. 

Of course, they would never of gotten up without the millions invested (most clubs don’t so they small clubs barely have a chance), but Howe is due some credit he still had a massive part to play over the past five years. 

It will be interesting to see the played reaction though.

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Sven did a decent job of wasting many many millions and leaving us stranded mid division!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MickeyMouse said:

Despite Gray being a bench player his goal/assist contribution rate is about the same as Sarr. If Gray was playing week in, week out, he'd have a better output.
I think Gray is a promising player, so by effect I'm not disrespecting Sarr but I admit I'm guilty of messing up his nationality. I was aware that he was Senegalese but I misremembered while typing that post.

He has been a promising player for years,what we need is a real player

9 hours ago, MPH said:

he took a club with a 12,000 capacity stadium and tiny fan base from the second division to the prem and kept them there for 5 years.. if you don’t rate him, i’m pretty sure you are in the minority as he is very well respected in the football world.

If i was a betting man i’d put money on him getting another prem Job soon.

The Watford job. Perfect match 

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We didn't break the FFP rules. The FA accepted that it was a 'misinterpretation' and acknowledged that with a much reduced fine. Wolves on the other hand...