Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Francisco Trincão

Hoping we can get this one signed up before a big boy top4 steps in and buys him under our nose really pis Sec of that Liverpool beat us to that Greek young lad they didn’t really need another left back but at least it stops one of their rivals buying a quality player !

Edited by justfoxes

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Because shit happens in life and if Barcelona turn around and say "sorry kid, we need the money" Uncle Jorge is going to be chucking him in the back of his van and driving him round Europe to whoever is going to cut him the largest slice. 

Trincao is a talented youngster but he's not going to just walk in to a champions league club and start, not one of the big boys anyway.

We just finished fifth in the most economically powerful league in the world, we're a recent title winner, a recent CL quarter finalist, we're the sort of club that's supposed to be signing players like Trincao. 

There's so much negativity round this place that often people forget that Tielemans was a transfer that made people around Europe envious, Pereira was a transfer that made people around Europe envious, Maddison was a transfer that made half of the Prem envious and most of Europe's elite would pick apart most of our squad in a flash if we stuck up the Open For Business sign. 

It's mad, we've risen so fast that even half our own fans still see us as the tinpot club that should be fighting with Burnley and Stoke to sign talentless heifers, if this kid rocked up at Sporting, Sevilla, Leverkusen or Roma you'd all be going "yeah that makes sense." 

But we ARE Sporting, Sevilla, Leverkusen and Roma. 

I nominate Finnegan to eliminate all such negativity and miserablism from FoxesTalk.

I realise this puts me in grave peril but it has to be done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I nominate Finnegan to eliminate all such negativity and miserablism from FoxesTalk.

I realise this puts me in grave peril but it has to be done.

You've obviously not seen me in a match thread when we're losing 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, m4DD0gg said:

Pretty obvious why considering our thread bare squad arguably cost us a place in the most lucrative competition in world football

Why would you spend the money on a left back? There is a lot of other positions that need improving before you start buying back up players 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

We're not buying him from the sounds of it we're supposedly developing a very good player into a world class player then sending him back, i would be surprised if in two years trincao stays with us considering messi's age and the fact he chose barca over us in january. It comes down to whether it's better for us to have a very good/world class player for 2 years and lose him or buy a good player and make him very good over the next two years then keep him for the next 2/3 years minimum. If we were to have an example in our squad imo it's similar to loaning odegaard for 2 years like sociedad compared to owning maddison like us, personally i would much prefer to own maddison.

It’s always better to own the player, of course it is. However, if we are trying to raise our profile and make the jump to the next level. The elite level, maybe this is the way to do it on some of the deals. Trincao comes in and absolutely runs riot in the premier for two years, we add two or three others of quality and stay up there in the top 6 And win a few trophies. Immediately, in two years time we are financially better off and have a better profile then where we are now. Atleti did it with Courtois and it worked for them. This method, on some of our deals, could be very beneficial for us. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Because shit happens in life and if Barcelona turn around and say "sorry kid, we need the money" Uncle Jorge is going to be chucking him in the back of his van and driving him round Europe to whoever is going to cut him the largest slice. 

Trincao is a talented youngster but he's not going to just walk in to a champions league club and start, not one of the big boys anyway.

We just finished fifth in the most economically powerful league in the world, we're a recent title winner, a recent CL quarter finalist, we're the sort of club that's supposed to be signing players like Trincao. 

There's so much negativity round this place that often people forget that Tielemans was a transfer that made people around Europe envious, Pereira was a transfer that made people around Europe envious, Maddison was a transfer that made half of the Prem envious and most of Europe's elite would pick apart most of our squad in a flash if we stuck up the Open For Business sign. 

It's mad, we've risen so fast that even half our own fans still see us as the tinpot club that should be fighting with Burnley and Stoke to sign talentless heifers, if this kid rocked up at Sporting, Sevilla, Leverkusen or Roma you'd all be going "yeah that makes sense." 

But we ARE Sporting, Sevilla, Leverkusen and Roma. 

....oh, I would take a chill pill if I were you, soon they will be calling you entitled!!!

12 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It’s always better to own the player, of course it is. However, if we are trying to raise our profile and make the jump to the next level. The elite level, maybe this is the way to do it on some of the deals. Trincao comes in and absolutely runs riot in the premier for two years, we add two or three others of quality and stay up there in the top 6 And win a few trophies. Immediately, in two years time we are financially better off and have a better profile then where we are now. Atleti did it with Courtois and it worked for them. This method, on some of our deals, could be very beneficial for us. 

I agree.  getting players of this calibre (potentially) in puts down a marker. If we get him in on a loan, does brilliantly for us and settles into the squad, and we are flying, then hopefully, like YT he will want to stay.  OK that puts up the eventual price but we could probably afford it at that stage if he has helped to keep us in European competition.  Even if we cannot keep hold of him at the end of the period, but we are challenging for stuff then it will still make us more attractive to other quality players.

The player himself, and his agents will be aware of the ambition and culture at our club, the training ground etc. and will likely see this as a good move, keeping all options open.  

For what it is worth, i would not be surprised if this is not an almost done deal, with haggling over final details, or us even pushing for an outright buy.  Last year, the YT saga dragged on but i am convinced that it was a foregone conclusion but attracted all the media hype, which helped deflect from some of the other business we were trying to do in the background. We are notorious for keeping stuff under wraps.

Even if we do not get this over the line it still shows our intent.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nick said:

Francisco Trincão nos planos do Leicester City

I’m not going to need a translation I don’t think... but Brasil123 isn’t really a go to inside sauce so I’m ignoring it and going with @SecretPro instead.

https://brasil123.com.br/francisco-trincao-nos-planos-do-leicester-city/

Leicester City is still trying to persuade Barcelona to part ways with Portuguese winger Francisco Trincão, a young man who is on loan at Braga and is seen as a new barcelonist jewel.

Skillful canhotinho Photo Twitter Francisco Trincão
Skillful canhotinho / Photo: Twitter Francisco Trincão
Despite Barcelona's reluctance to let Portugal's U21 international go - with club president Josep Maria Bartomeu saying it is not for sale - Leicester City does not take no for an answer, said Fabrizio Romano, who broke the news of the offer of the Foxes.

A two-year loan offer with an option to buy Trincão for £ 45 million has been put forward and, although that has not convinced the Catalan giants to say goodbye to the 20-year-old, Leicester City still feels it can convince Barcelona by making a agreement by the international from the base of São Paulo.

Read too:
Aaron Ramsey is not part of Pirlo's Juve plans
Borussia Dortmund says Sancho will not leave the club
Barcelona will not pay more than 15 million for Garcia
Leicester City is looking forward to bringing in a creative player this summer, and Trincão scores many boxes after 13 assists, in addition to nine goals, for Braga in Portugal last season. Barcelona agreed to a £ 28 million transfer to the winger in January, but he arrives at the club this summer, so he has yet to make an appearance for them. However, it looks like Leicester feels they can take advantage of Barcelona's uncertainty.

Opportunity: More than 500 FREE COURSES online with Certificate

Barcelona's uncertainties can help Leicester
Coach Quique Setien may be removed from his post after the Champions League campaign is over, and a new coach may have different ideas about where he wants to take the team. In addition, Barcelona is trying to offload big salary earners to free up some money, but if they fail, they will have to let others go.

News from the Portuguese press indicate that Leicester has been following Trincão for some time, with scout José Fontes, who helped identify Ricardo Pereira, catching sight of the youngster before even making his professional debut for Braga in December 2018.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1