Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ollie Watkins

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We are going to be screwed next season. Everyone is improving their squad except us. Pretty sure we will be below Villa, Newcastle, Everton, we could really be in for a relegation battle. 

lol

• Like 1

Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

We are going to be screwed next season. Everyone is improving their squad except us. Pretty sure we will be below Villa, Newcastle, Everton, we could really be in for a relegation battle. 

I'll admit things don't look great currently, but I think this is over the top. There's still a month of the transfer window to go, don't forget.

Do you really think we will be below Villa or Newcastle? Villa just barely scraped survival, and have added a couple of Championship players since. Do you really think that's enough to make them better than a team who should easily have been in the CL? Newcastle aren't much better off, either.

Everton could do alright, but I say that every summer and regret it.

8 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Yes, spending more than anyone else is exactly how we won the league if my memory serves me correctly

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

The Manger knows him well, and obviously thinks he is an upgrade on the shit that nearly got them relegated.

They are very fortunate to still be in the top flight, so seems like a reasonable punt to me 

Agree, but they have overpaid a bit, but perhaps others sniffing around caused them to expedite the process :dunno:

18 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

No way are we finishing below Villa and Newcastle.

Everton I can accept but just because a squad looks good on paper doesn't mean it will be.

24 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Everton - good team. Good manager. They're a threat. 

Villa and Newcastle ??? Who in their teams gets into ours. I know it was a shit end to the season and I'm as frustrated/worried as anyone regarding the lack of transfer activity (within reason). However, dont just dismiss what we have and tell me we now fear Ryan ****ing One Season Fraser and Wesley. 

9 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Everton - good team. Good manager. They're a threat. 

Villa and Newcastle ??? Who in their teams gets into ours. I know it was a shit end to the season and I'm as frustrated/worried as anyone regarding the lack of transfer activity (within reason). However, dont just dismiss what we have and tell me we now fear Ryan ****ing One Season Fraser and Wesley. 

Everton always seem to be a good team on paper when you cross reference the name in football manager but that’s their downfall. I predict more of the same for them this year when the big signings fail to live up to the price tag.

57 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

No way are we finishing below Villa and Newcastle.

Everton I can accept but just because a squad looks good on paper doesn't mean it will be.

We will finish below Southampton I reckon. He’s got them playing some decent stuff now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Have you forgotten what our full strength squad looks like... Take into account a club can spend all the money they like it doesn't buy success.. Everton last season 💰💰😂

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Villa? FFS. 

We finished 5th, the team and squad has proven itself capable of being good enough of a comfortable top half finish. If we don't, it's down to bad management and not the squad we have. Claude managed to mid table finishes with a worse set of players. 

• Like 2