Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ollie Watkins

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

Didnt he single handedly batter man united in the league/fa cup thought? I can understand when the player in question has shown up against the best in the country but as far as i can tell this guy looks good but is still relatively unproven. I guess i shouldnt be questioning brentfords scouting though, pretty much guaranteed to end up eating my words 

Alli was obscene in League One and was still only about 19-20. Toney, although has had a very good season where he scored and assisted 30 goals in a similar amount of games but the money seems a lot for a 24 year old. I do think he will be in the PL within 2 seasons and will be a 10-15 a season PL player easily.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

6.5 mil for a league 1 player before addons is mental.

It’s all relative though. 

His goal return is far better than Watkins. Watkins is worth 25m so 6.5 for someone doing it in league 1 sounds fair to me. 

He’ll easily make the step up and once again brilliant business by brentford.

cant help but feel him not going to Celtic kills our chances of signing Edouard. 

Edited by Lambert09

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We'd be criticized but Ivan Toney will be a PL player and a very good one, wouldn't have minded us taking a punt on him and throwing him in. Peterborough also have Ricky Jones coming through who is getting massive hype, they might be able to use that £10m to put together a very good team that can go up and challenge for immediate promotion to the Prem. They'll be back in for Knight....

Should never have released him 

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Think he looks decent, we were after him but £10m is too much for us in this window given we've already spent £10m.

That's just mad isn't it, really puts the money difference between the EPL and the SPL into perspective.

PS. You'll be able to afford Watkins once you sell us Edouard:ph34r:

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

At £5/6mill is this guy worth a punt for us? Even if he's mediocre in the prem, he'd be selling for double that after a few seasons.

I'd love us to take a punt on another player like him. 24 years old, tasted rejection, hungry, a goalscorer. Has some of the ingredients to be a Leicester City hero.

Think it’s been said before but if you put his goals this season side by side with Vards’ Championship goals the season we were promoted, I think they would be very comparable. 

Some of the finishes show he’s a natural and he could only learn and improve being with Vards. Just a bit pricey for “back up” still, so I don’t think we’ll be in for him 

Would prefer Eddy from Celtic, but doesn’t look like it’s happening. 

15 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

I'd love us to take a punt on another player like him. 24 years old, tasted rejection, hungry, a goalscorer. Has some of the ingredients to be a Leicester City hero.

Local based player as well, from Northampton, actually he was apparently released from our academy.

Edited by Happy Fox

13 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

...I think we at cross purposes, as the above article is about Ivan Toney and not Ollie Watkins!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, happy85 said:

Brentford are asking for a fee of around £25million but it is understood that a deal will be agreed, possibly next week. 

John percy 

close thread

Why close it?

We don't know who he could go to, and not dismissing LCFC.