Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ollie Watkins

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Villa? FFS. 

We finished 5th, the team and squad has proven itself capable of being good enough of a comfortable top half finish. If we don't, it's down to bad management and not the squad we have. Claude managed to mid table finishes with a worse set of players. 

Totally agree but haters got hate. Let them have their fun.

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We are going to be screwed next season. Everyone is improving their squad except us. Pretty sure we will be below Villa, Newcastle, Everton, we could really be in for a relegation battle. 

We’ve actually already got a decent squad of you assume we are going for a 3-5-2 like formation.

Left wingback

Castagne

Thomas

Justin 

Fuchs.

Right wingback

Ricardo

Castagne

Justin

Centre backs

Caglar

Evans

Knight

Benkovic

Morgan

Fuchs

Justin

Defensive midfield 

Mendy

N’didi

Hamza

Centre Midfield 

Teilemans

Maddison

Hamza

Praet

Perez

Forwards

Vardy

Nacho

Barnes

Perez

Gray

You can see why the next priority is likely to be a centre half, as that’s where we lack quality. The depth in centre midfield may also be the next one to look at.

Upfront I think we might see Barnes become an understudy for Vardy, whilst Nacho and Perez fight it out for the deeper role. Gray is just making up the numbers.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Strokes said:

We’ve actually already got a decent squad of you assume we are going for a 3-5-2 like formation.

Left wingback

Castagne

Thomas

Justin 

Fuchs.

Right wingback

Ricardo

Castagne

Justin

Centre backs

Caglar

Evans

Knight

Benkovic

Morgan

Fuchs

Justin

Defensive midfield 

Mendy

N’didi

Hamza

Centre Midfield 

Teilemans

Maddison

Hamza

Praet

Perez

Forwards

Vardy

Nacho

Barnes

Perez

Gray

You can see why the next priority is likely to be a centre half, as that’s where we lack quality. The depth in centre midfield may also be the next one to look at.

Upfront I think we might see Barnes become an understudy for Vardy, whilst Nacho and Perez fight it out for the deeper role. Gray is just making up the numbers.

First few games we are screwed, bad start could cause us to stick in a rut. 

In my view, Fuchs, Morgan, Hamza, Gray are not good enough now to be in the squad consistently.

We dont have enough quality in the final third and struggle to break teams down, the same issue we have failed to address for about 3 windows. If Vardy us off form or injured we wont score many. Vardy is aging and a replacement  is needed, our defence needs more depth we were poor after the restart defensively. We need 3-4 players to maintain of progress in my view.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

First few games we are screwed, bad start could cause us to stick in a rut. 

In my view, Fuchs, Morgan, Hamza, Gray are not good enough now to be in the squad consistently.

We dont have enough quality in the final third and struggle to break teams down, the same issue we have failed to address for about 3 windows. If Vardy us off form or injured we wont score many. Vardy is aging and a replacement  is needed, our defence needs more depth we were poor after the restart defensively. We need 3-4 players to maintain of progress in my view.

I think it’s more important to get quality over quantity, a dominant centre half like Tarkowski and a dynamic centre mid and I think we are good.

I’d certainly not turn down the right forward player but other than Eduoard, I’ve yet to be really excited by any of the links. 

1 hour ago, Richard said:

We can take Watkins/Lewis etc in a couple years off Newcastle and Villa once they’ve proved themselves at this level

...that's how the big boys think!!!

If we bought them at their current price, they would have not achieved much but should they excel then they will be out of our price range. We do not have the finance to work in this fashion and I would rather see us take a chance on a promising individual than mug a rival team for their player.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

Why we haven’t gone out to get this bloke I don’t know.

1. He’s £33 million;

2. He probably doesn’t want to sit on the bench playing second fiddle to Vardy. We probably don’t want to spend that much on an unproven player to initially sit on the bench;

3. He knows the manager at Villa and knows he will walk into their team. 

• Like 3

I can't be the only one to think they've spent just about exactly what he's worth?

Young striker with 25 goals (none being penalties). I think he's going to do very well for Villa and I think he's good for 10-14 goals.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I can't be the only one to think they've spent just about exactly what he's worth?

Young striker with 25 goals (none being penalties). I think he's going to do very well for Villa and I think he's good for 10-14 goals.

I think about £25m seems a fairer price, but I agree with everything else you've said. Think he'll shine.

17 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Chelsea only paid £47.5m for Tino Werner a guy who has scored 78 goals in 128 games  a top league , 11 goals in 22 games in European football and 12 goals in 20 odd games for Germany. 

If Watkins is worth £33m, it make Werner look a steal.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Chelsea only paid £47.5m for Tino Werner a guy who has scored 78 goals in 128 games  a top league , 11 goals in 22 games in European football and 12 goals in 20 odd games for Germany. 

Definitely this there is value out there with patience.

16 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

That's a pretty good comparison actually. Werner should be worth double what Watkins is, realistically.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I agree, Werner does look a steal in comparison. Although I imagine the wages are many pound notes higher for Werner.

Maybe Timo Asprilla could be available for a knock down price? :ph34r:

• Haha 1