Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dwight McNeil

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

You've not checked, there have been some epics where the writer has died before finishing the absurd point they were trying to make.....

If died before finishing they wouldn't have put a full stop so not actually a sentence. :thumbup:

58 minutes ago, Shane said:

To be fair, Perez has looked decent in the CAM position. I can see him surpassing his goal/assist tally from last season, if we play him centrally.

He's better there than out on the wing I agree but, if we're relying on a player like him to equal or better ourselves I feel we're fooling ourselves badly. For me he's a squad player at best. In the number 10 role, if Maddison is not available then I'd sooner play Iheanacho, Barnes or Tielemans before I'd chose Perez. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

He's better there than out on the wing I agree but, if we're relying on a player like him to equal or better ourselves I feel we're fooling ourselves badly. For me he's a squad player at best. In the number 10 role, if Maddison is not available then I'd sooner play Iheanacho, Barnes or Tielemans before I'd chose Perez. 

Think Perez is way better when played in the center, his link up play is second only to Maddison and could rotate with Kel in that position.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

That's about as fierce as a hamster, can hear Madders legs quaking from here! 🐹 

Completely disagree, Perez was one of our better performers since lockdown. Personally I think that simply came down to moving into the middle of the park.

Its not only about competition either, Perez offers something different to Madders and is more of a goal threat in that role than Madders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Completely disagree, Perez was one of our better performers since lockdown. Personally I think that simply came down to moving into the middle of the park.

Its not only about competition either, Perez offers something different to Madders and is more of a goal threat in that role than Madders.

We were noticeably better or certainly more of a threat with Iheanacho on the field though, just in my opinion. Perez ran around a lot, has very good close control (better than Iheanacho) but overall, for me, he flatters to deceive and is merely deceptive and good on the eye with little real contribution. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Could be being eyed up for the LWB spot if chillwell leaves. 

Or or at least as another option to cover there. I’d probably be more excited about this signing if he was coming to play this role

Not dynamic enough imo.  We need a real ‘athlete’ to play the full back/wing back role and MacNeil isn’t that type of player 

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not dynamic enough imo.  We need a real ‘athlete’ to play the full back/wing back role and MacNeil isn’t that type of player 

Hmm not necessarily. Albrighton is excellent in this role and McNeil would be similar. The difference is that McNeil is very physical and would add a defensive element that Albrighton couldn’t.  

I’ve not seen enough of him to confidently say he would really improve us but on paper he’s got the characteristics for it. 

53 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Hmm not necessarily. Albrighton is excellent in this role and McNeil would be similar. The difference is that McNeil is very physical and would add a defensive element that Albrighton couldn’t.  

I’ve not seen enough of him to confidently say he would really improve us but on paper he’s got the characteristics for it. 

He's also a better dribbler and passer than alrbgithon, good at taking on. What's he lacks is scoring i think 

2 hours ago, NasPb said:

He's also a better dribbler and passer than alrbgithon, good at taking on. What's he lacks is scoring i think 

He’s not the solution to our winger issues, but he would definitely improve the squad as a whole. 

It it all comes down to what our budget is, if he is a small chunk of it, it would be welcomed and seen as good business. If this is the only winger we go for, then we are still going to struggle with goals and assists from these areas and I can’t see us improving enough to compete for the top 6 again.

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

He’s not the solution to our winger issues, but he would definitely improve the squad as a whole. 

It it all comes down to what our budget is, if he is a small chunk of it, it would be welcomed and seen as good business. If this is the only winger we go for, then we are still going to struggle with goals and assists from these areas and I can’t see us improving enough to compete for the top 6 again.

If we persist with the full backs high then we don’t need traditional wingers as we will use inverted wide men .....his skill set is well suited to cutting inside into busier areas 

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

would you prefer him or brooks? 

On 14/08/2020 at 13:45, Dahnsouff said:

Think Perez is way better when played in the center, his link up play is second only to Maddison and could rotate with Kel in that position.

That’s part of the problem for me... we have several players who are ‘ very good’ In a few different positions. The only people who are truly nailed on in their positions are Kasper, vardy and Riccy P. Maybe evens  and cags too. it would be so nice to have some more attack minded players who totally own their position like the others...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NasPb said:

would you prefer him or brooks? 

Of the linked players I’d probably rank as this. 

Trincao>Benhrama>McNeil> Brooks > traore 

if we combine one one of the first 2 with brooks or McNeil... we’ll be laughing.