Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dwight McNeil

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, foxpleasure said:

Merc. saying we are bookies favourite to sign him. Probably just rehashing the old story.

A combination of the Merc and Bookies odds means diddly squat.  Wait for SFE to tweet to give this credibility.

10 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

From what I know, still going ahead. Was expecting it to happen sooner.....

Great signing, especially given his age. I'd like to think we're still signing a RW as well.

Things are looking a lot brighter than they were 24 hours ago:beer:

EDIT: Just chucked some money on it, I hope you're right bud.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Don't fully understand the reasoning here, he is mainly a LW, so unless we've seen enough to want to convert him to the RW. 

9 minutes ago, majaco said:

I hope the squad looks balanced at the start of the season.  A right sided forward would still be good.

Maybe BR's intention would be to play him on the RW. Just because Dyche played him almost exclusively on the left doesn't mean he couldn't be effective on the right. Pretty sure McNeil assisted Wood's goal against us at the KP last season with a cut in and cross from the right.

21 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Don't fully understand the reasoning here, he is mainly a LW, so unless we've seen enough to want to convert him to the RW. 

Brendan wants someone to cut inside. So a LW on the right could work for that particular job. He's good with both feet though, has a good level of skill too. 

8 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Maybe BR's intention would be to play him on the RW. Just because Dyche played him almost exclusively on the left doesn't mean he couldn't be effective on the right. Pretty sure McNeil assisted Wood's goal against us at the KP last season with a cut in and cross from the right.

You'd be correct, ~50seconds in. 

2 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Brendan wants someone to cut inside. So a LW on the right could work for that particular job. He's good with both feet though, has a good level of skill too. 

He's a decent player for sure, decent left boot too. Hopefully he'd be able to pick out a pass as obviously we don't have a huge aerial presence. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Great signing, especially given his age. I'd like to think we're still signing a RW as well.

Things are looking a lot brighter than they were 24 hours ago:beer:

EDIT: Just chucked some money on it, I hope you're right bud.

Is @Foxhateram ITK?