Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dwight McNeil

We need more goals as well, not just someone who can create chances as the only person consistent at taking those chances is Vardy. Barnes and Perez are there or thereabouts but Maddison and Tielemans have nosedived off a cliff when it comes to even getting in to scoring positions let alone take them. 

We need a winger who can create and score, its not easy but it's also not so complex that you sign a young player who's seldom played on the side you need them to play with very little evidence of being able to score and hope it works. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

This is the same fan base that said Ferran Torres wasn’t good enough but a year later he’s signed for Man City 😂

And the same fan base that complained about Yakubu because all he did was score goals.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Didnt realise it was quite as bad as 2 goals and 6 assists. That's not better than what we have.

Burnley.

5 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Burnley.

Burnley finished top half tbf.. They are not crap like Bournemouth. But I agree we have to take into account their style of play. Having said that, McNeil still has poor output in goals and assists for a team that finished 10th.

Edited by Koke

Please close this thread, Mcneil isn't leaving Burnley anytime soon. It will take a considerably high price to convince Burnley to sell their best players. We just dont have the funds to entertain them. #nostory

23 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Burnley let their former record signing and first team regular leave on a free because they couldn’t afford to offer him a decent wage. Sorry but a move from Burnley to any other Premier League club is a step up. They’ve got a good manager in Dyche who has done a wonderful job but still expect him to pick up bargains in the lower leagues. £32 million, if that is the offer, secures their future. 

No it doesn't.  £32m doesn't guarantee PL football for ever and a day, or even for a year.  Bournemouth have just proved that.

General opinion on Hendrick is that he left because he wanted to play centre midfield.  Where's your information from?

5 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Emiliano Buendía anyone?

His stats of creating chances from open play are ridiculous.

I can see why people are dubious of McNeil, but he's very young, he's in a Burnley team that doesn't venture out of their own half a lot and I think he'll improve a lot in the next year or two. He carries the ball up the pitch which is something not a lot of our team seem to be able to do that often.

I'm all for it, but I'll be slightly worried if he's the only winger we sign, as we need a double figures goalscorer.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

27 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Some people come from a generation where a wide player is automatically just a ‘winger’ who has one purpose which is to get balls into the box. 
Football has evolved and from what I’ve seen of McNeil he looks a lot more like a modern wide man than an older generation type winger. Which we obviously need as crossing to just Vardy in the box is pointless 

Indeed. He is a cut inside and create type player, he will run at defenders and create space. 

I've been told it is highly likely that we will announce a signing by the end of week. 

Just now, Kevin Russell said:

McNeil would be a strange choice for us. Decent and industrious player, but I would have thought he better suits a team playing 4-4-2 and carrying an aerial threat. We are not that team and I don’t see it being a BR signing. 

Thing has been mentioned before, crossing does not have too mean floating the ball for some massive knacker up top (See incorrect belief of what Slimani was...), as it can mean low crosses to the middle for someone to tap or blast into the box. His benefit seems to be his industry (as you said) and how far he brings the ball up the field coupled with crossing, but it seems he will not be "desirable" by many due to him being wrong footed / sided.

2 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

No.  Burnley aren't strapped for cash, Burnley believe that McNeil is improving and will be worth a lot more next year, he is under contract for 4 more years (3 plus a club option), he has a preferred move in the north west that he isn't ready for, he is being advised by all and sundry including his father that he is better at Burnley for another year, and £32m will be rejected out of hand by Burnley and Leicester won't be willing to bid high enough to tempt.  The only way it would happen would be if McNeil demanded to go, and I don't think Leicester is the club, or would pay the wage, that would tempt him to make that demand.

This has made me really want us to sign him 😅

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

No it doesn't.  £32m doesn't guarantee PL football for ever and a day, or even for a year.  Bournemouth have just proved that.

General opinion on Hendrick is that he left because he wanted to play centre midfield.  Where's your information from?

That’s irrelevant !! That’s like us letting Madders go on a free because he gets pissed off for playing left wing sometimes. This place would explode!! Hendrick will sign for another Premier League team and would, in today’s market potentially attract a £20 million plus price tag. Burnley should never have let that happen as the teams he is likely to be linked with would be direct competitors. 

Like I said, £32 million ensures that they can offer wages to their current crop of players and not have their fingers burnt as they have done. This is good money for Burnley. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Emiliano Buendía anyone?

19 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It seems so obvious, and he has never been mentioned, must assume he has already been nabbed  :dunno:

Every single Norwich fan thinks he's crap. He's just standard Media and stat hype.

Just now, Deeg67 said:

I like McNeil and think he can improve substantially. But 32 million would be ridonkulous.

Wouldn't though would it... not by todays standards.

He'll likely be in the next England squad even if we don't sign him.