Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dwight McNeil

36 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Nope he's a 20m pound player.

Walk away hes not much better than Albrighton  just younger 

So what you’re saying is, we shouldn’t be looking for young players who can step into the roles that our senior players currently play in a few years?

Shall we just keep albrighton till he’s no longer physically able to play, why on earth would we try sign young players with potential when we could just keep our ageing players. 

Seems a valid point

27 minutes ago, StinckleyFox said:

So what you’re saying is, we shouldn’t be looking for young players who can step into the roles that our senior players currently play in a few years?

Shall we just keep albrighton till he’s no longer physically able to play, why on earth would we try sign young players with potential when we could just keep our ageing players. 

Seems a valid point

Im so glad you took a small snippet of what I said to re word it to how you wanted to hear it.

bravo.

Im saying he is not worth more than 20m he certainly isn't worth more than 32m let alone adding a extra 8m.

However if you happy for the club to be ripped on buying a a winger that is perform at a good standard not great then fair enough.

Im not for that money i want a class winger that performs consistent levels of greatness.

Seems like a Valid point 

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

£20m last summer bought you Adam Webster, Neal Maupay and Tyrone Mings, all players who had either never played or achieved anything above the Championship.

It certainly won't buy you a star young player from a financially stable Premier League club these days.

Didn't we pay just over £20 million for Maddison too?

32-35m for McNeil is about right IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

Im so glad you took a small snippet of what I said to re word it to how you wanted to hear it.

bravo.

Im saying he is not worth more than 20m he certainly isn't worth more than 32m let alone adding a extra 8m.

However if you happy for the club to be ripped on buying a a winger that is perform at a good standard not great then fair enough.

Im not for that money i want a class winger that performs consistent levels of greatness.

Seems like a Valid point 

Your whole post was a small snippet what else did you want me to talk about?😂😂 I didn’t realise we could have foxes talk read posts out to us, for us to hear?

What are you basing your valuation off of? Have you actually watched him play or have you just seen his g/a for the season and decided he’s worth max 20mill? He actually ranks 3rd in the expected assists category behind TAA and KDB. That means he is creating many clear cut chances that Burnley’s players are missing. Brendan wants creativity and unless you are blind (or haven’t actually watched him play) you will be able to see that he has creativity.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Didn't we pay just over £20 million for Maddison too?

32-35m for McNeil is about right IMO.

a lot of the valuation is to do with TV money... i think that transfer window was based on the old tv money contract... i think there was a significant increase in tv money the following season and therefore a significant increase on how played were valued by selling clubs.

4 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Considering Ayoze cost us £30m and Maguire cost United £80m, I don't think £40m for McNeil is that outrageous at all to be honest.

...Ayoze was £10m too much and Maguire was £20m too much!!!

Of course the wider answer to all this is "market forces" and therefor all the prices are somewhat inflated.

A £20-25m for Mcneil I feel is a proper fee but if you are the seller, you ask for whatever you like!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sly said:

Was he banned in the end?!? 

I vaguely remember meeting him at a FT football game. 

I think he flounced off in a huff vowing never to return.

Shame really, if he had just stopped to think and admitted he was wrong he might still be here but he dug his heels in and just kept digging.

1 minute ago, FLAN said:

Percy reporting a deal is close 

yep caught me out on twitter 

The fake Percy account caught someone out the other week on Benrahma lol

Much embarrassment ensued.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

40m is too much IMO, bear in mind Torres signed for Man city for 20Mish? might as well fork out the extra 5M and sign Trincao. If were looking to spend 40M on a winger we would find better value abroad and higher quality.

To be fair that is a completely different situation

Torres had 1 year left on his deal, and Valencia were/are having a fire sale

McNeil has 3(+1) years left on his deal and also with him you get the English Tax, also buying from a fellow Premier League team bumps the price up as well