Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dwight McNeil

Guest Markyblue
16 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Is that why Burnley's style is so unpopular?  Too much of this "fires it in", "desperate to get in the box" stuff instead of passing it around the back four all day long?  ;)

Horses for courses mate, ive no problem with any team using what is available to their best advantage, dont know to much about the lad, know he's rated but he has to suit our style of play otherwise it's a waste of time and money. 🤔

23 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I'm told by somebody at the golf club connected to the club and who has previously been hit and miss that we are £32m in for McNeil. Take from that what you will. 

Will they chuck Chris Wood in for that to get on the end of his crosses? :P

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

Chris Wood looks like a world class player in a Burnley shirt.

Put that into perspective 

Chris Wood has improved as a player since he left us though. Burnley do play to his strengths, something that we never did. 

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Chris Wood has improved as a player since he left us though. Burnley do play to his strengths, something that we never did. 

I literally just don't like his face. I don't know what that's all about but I can't help it. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Is that why Burnley's style is so unpopular?  Too much of this "fires it in", "desperate to get in the box" stuff instead of passing it around the back four all day long?  ;)

No its because you stick a hundred people behind the ball and hope that Ashley Barnes can fall over in the box at the right moment. 

I've avoided this thread like the plague. Guess I was a bit disappointed that we haven't got Trincao over the line(yet).

Really had my heart set on a speedy, skillful, Portuguese, Left footed, right winger. How sexy is that. Dwight Mcneil from Burnley? Who the hell is that? Just spent some time on You Tube and I can see the point now. Why can't a skillful, English, strong on the ball, physical, left footed, left winger be converted to an left footed attacking player who can play anywhere across the front three? He doesn't have the speed of Trincao, but maybe he adds a dimension our attack badly needs. Physicality. Besides Trincao is not dead yet..............Gerribothmnnnn!

Edited by SO1

3 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I've avoided this thread like the plague. Guess I was a bit disappointed that we haven't got Trincao over the line(yet).

Really had my heart set on a speedy, skillful, Portuguese, Left footed, right winger. How sexy is that. Dwight Mcneil from Burnley? Who the hell is that? Just spent some time on You Tube and I can see point now. Why can't a skillful, English, strong on the ball, physical, left footed, left winger be converted to an left footed attacking player who can play anywhere across the front three? He doesn't have the speed of Trincao, but maybe he adds a dimension our attack badly needs. Physicality. Besides Trincao is not dead yet..............Gerribothmnnnn!

Got a feeling we might.

23 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

He's great in the air, but his size compared to the likes of Wood put him at a disadvantage

Seem to remember when Wood was with us his heading was not a strong point. I can clearly remember them saying it was something to work on. His leap is pretty poor whereas Vardy has a great leap.

Edited by foxpleasure

Guest Markyblue
1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

I'm told by somebody at the golf club connected to the club and who has previously been hit and miss that we are £32m in for McNeil. Take from that what you will. 

Is his name the shaft.