Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dwight McNeil

1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

Agreed but you're unlikely to have five wingers in the squad, and even more unlikely to sign two in the same window under the current climate. Priority should be a right sided player.

5?

Barnes

Gray

Albrighton 

Who else? 

Fwiw I don't think Perez is a winger if he's included! 

Just now, StanSP said:

5?

Barnes

Gray

Albrighton 

Who else? 

Fwiw I don't think Perez is a winger if he's included! 

Also there realistically needs to be a decision made by the club on Gray this window as he only has 1 year left on his contract, either sell him or give him a new deal rather than let him walk for free next year

• Like 1

An excellent addition but he won't come cheap and right sided is more of a priority. Surely we can't afford him, a class RW, a CB and Mendy replacement...?

With each passing rumour, the frustration of throwing away CL football increases. 

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Also there realistically needs to be a decision made by the club on Gray this window as he only has 1 year left on his contract, either sell him or give him a new deal rather than let him walk for free next year

If we really can't get anyone in I'd rather just keep him for a year so we're not short. 

Little nervous about signing a RW who’s normal position has been on the left, albeit I imagine that’s because of the way Dyche sets up pinging crosses onto Woods head. So would be interesting to see him on the right, looks a very promising player, but just can’t see Burnley parting with him cheaply. 

I'd sooner have Lutricia McNeal and until just now I'd forgotten about her for about 20 years.

He's not going anywhere anyway. This is his agent hanging out for a new contract. I mean his agent has namedropped Juventus.

The Juventus who haven't WON the CL and sacked their manager in a rage have identified DWIGHT MCNEIL as the solution to their woes to lead them to CL glory.

Or not???

• Haha 1

He is basically a 20 year old Marc Albrighton, better crosser than he is goalscorer, never looked all that pacey, just a bit more skilful than Albrighton.

The type of player who suits Burnley because he has Wood, Barnes and Rodriguez to cross the ball into.

• Like 4

He's under contract till 2023 with an option for another year.  He also gives every impression of being very level headed and willing to take advice, and that advice from several public sources (don't know about the private sources of course) is to stay put for another year, jkeep playing every week, keep learning and improving.

Edited by dsr-burnley

I've never understood the hype, he's been bang average every time I've seen him.

People getting excited about him seem to be the same people that get excited every time we're linked to a striker over six foot and who seem to think scoring headed goals from crosses has been relevant since 1983. 

Rodgers wants more goals from new style wide forwards who can fit in to a possession based passing game. Why hire a twenty year old Marc Albrighton replacement?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

EDIT: Why do Burnley pretend they're really poor, when they get the same TV money bonanza as everybody else? 

Some clubs get a quarter of a billion pounds injected by the owner; others don't.  The ones with the quarter billion are richer, all else being equal.

I don't watch as much football as I used to but I swear he has been the next big thing for the last ten years even though he is only 20 lol and on the occasions I've seen him did absolutely nothing. 

Brooks on the other hand before his injury... 

Edited by EastAnglianFox

6 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Can we just try to get Leon Bailey please 

Hasn't his star faded somewhat over the last few years though? Not really been paying that much attention tbh