Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dwight McNeil

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

I literally just don't like his face. I don't know what that's all about but I can't help it. 

Met up with him in NYC and we wound up on a bit of a session— he’s a really good dude.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The_77 said:

A bit puzzled why so many on here don’t think we’d often play McNeil on the right side. 

Either way, we need a left-footed winger. 

Puzzled because of the 60+ games he's played for Burnley he's barely ever played there. 

2 minutes ago, The_77 said:

That’s probably an indicator on Dyche and the way he likes to set up. 

Or it could be that he is a traditional winger who plays on the left who is left footed. We need a right winger, ideally a left footed right winger and even more ideally a left footed right winger who has played there before and has shown he has end product. 

This would be typical of us to balls up our biggest weakness yet again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I feel it’s a low risk purchase myself. If we buy him for £30m and he’s bobbins, 3 years later we’d be able to sell for £20m

It's a pretty massive risk if he's literally THE wide player we buy this year. Third year running we'll buy a winger that little pace and offers minimal goal threat. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

True that. Peter Beardsley was no oil painting. 

I can't think of Peter Beardsley without thinking of Baddiel and Skinner on Fantasy Football League.

Skinner: "People say that Peter Beardsley is ugly but when he played for England I didn't even notice his face..."

peter-beardsley-balls.jpg.0c9e64718e86e5d929c4844581f49605.jpg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I feel it’s a low risk purchase myself. If we buy him for £30m and he’s bobbins, 3 years later we’d be able to sell for £20m

A bit like Slimani then.

This guy is really not that good and not worth 32 million if at all true.

• Like 1

If true, then this is clearly about creativity and not goals, which is what Rodgers spoke about after Man United.

Barnes' numbers show he should score far more next season, so perhaps he is looking for a more creative wide option on the other side rather than a goalscorer.

Ultimately though it would be foolish to spend such big money on a player to play on the right if that's not his preferred side.

I'll remain sceptical for now.

23 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I can't think of Peter Beardsley without thinking of Baddiel and Skinner on Fantasy Football League.

Skinner: "People say that Peter Beardsley is ugly but when he played for England I didn't even notice his face..."

peter-beardsley-balls.jpg.0c9e64718e86e5d929c4844581f49605.jpg

Clearly had terrible ball control 

I couldn't pinpoint a game but I'm sure I've seen games where he's drifted inside and tried to influence games from a more central position, and at times looked like Burnley's only creative outlet.

I think he'd be quite an exciting addition if we get him linking up well with our other forward-thinking players.

• Like 1