Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dwight McNeil

Haven't seen alot of him if I'm honest.

My biggest worry would be how he adapts to not having at least one big lump up front to aim for.

That along with the fee when you add in the English premium makes.me sceptical but open minded on this one

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There are better options and far cheaper options too, this is going to happen though isn't it? 😰

Yeah I’ve got a bad feeling we’re actually in for him. He’s not what we need. I’ve never seen him stand out whenever I’ve watched them.

Dyche is gonna want many pound notes for this guy. £30M+

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

r/soccer - How the best creators in the Premier League are making chances through Corners, Crosses, Indirect Freekicks and Open Play Passes in a color coded graph.

Would explain what we see in him. He's also a good dribbler, though doesn't score enough goals for my liking. 

Crosses the most out of anyone on this list, but let's be honest, that's down to Dyche more than anything.

If we signed him, we'd be one of three sides with at least three players on that list (Liverpool and Man City). Not too shabby.

Also, the amount of open play chances that Buendia created for Norwich is absurd.

Edited by The_77
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Why wouldn't they?

He's one of their best players and genuinely their only really high valued asset (yes they value Tarkwoski at £50m but nobody will pay that).

A player's value is whatever he's worth to his current club.

How dare they ask for that much? Remind me how much we want for chilwell.........

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ashley said:

He won the the League with us yes. 

What are his Goals and assists for the past few seasons? We are heading in a different direction to players like Andy King and Marc Albrighton and no this isn't an insult theyre not good enough for where we want to be going. 

I think I was probably having a bit of a joke tbf. X 

• Like 1

What I like about him is that at his age, he didn't seem to mind taking the creative responsibility for a side severely lacking in that department. He gave Ricky an absolute run around which is enough for me to think that he's got something about him. What's more, if we actually end up getting him, it means we can play Barnes on the right and give Perez more of an opportunity through the middle. Fits the profile well imo. 

Just now, Bossman Blessed It said:

What I like about him is that at his age, he didn't seem to mind taking the creative responsibility for a side severely lacking in that department. He gave Ricky an absolute run around which is enough for me to think that he's got something about him. What's more, if we actually end up getting him, it means we can play Barnes on the right and give Perez more of an opportunity through the middle. Fits the profile well imo. 

Imo Barnes will never meet his full potential playing on the right.

52 minutes ago, The_77 said:

If we signed him, we'd be one of three sides with at least three players on that list (Liverpool and Man City). Not too shabby.

Also, the amount of open play chances that Buendia created for Norwich is absurd.

That Marhez chap at Man City looks decent too...

Easy to break down the link. Kulesevski went to juve when they wanted a young left footer, so they signed a left footer in Jan to replace costa, milan could go for him but won't pay much, wolves have traore and we probably have him on a list with trincao, tete etc. Burnley don't have much money and need a sale and this is the only one they can sell. I hope we get him, but I suspect it is agent talk. 

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

De Bruyne is a joke lol 

An elite world class playmaker. These days goal contributions usually determine who wins the Balon d’Or but these stats show that KDB is on a completely different level to anyone else in his position in the world. 

Robert Lewandowski’s monstrous 53 goals in 45 games probably makes him the best player in the world right now, but KDB could make a genuine claim. Incredible player. 

• Like 1

I really like him but he's best played as an out and winger (like in a 442) rather than a wide forward than our 433/451. He's not a serious goal threat, not that he couldn't develop into one and his numbers would be better playing on our side but stylistically he's not what we need. Burnley would rightly want to hold out for an outrageous fee as well.

Dwight-McNeil.thumb.png.a2de57fe28284e6afc937b56faefea0a.png

• Like 2

I just don't know why anyone thinks his crossing being good is such a massive positive given how we play. 

We don't belt crosses in, we have nobody to really aim them at and tactically it would be a step back. 

Having a player who is a terrific crosser of the ball on top of also being brilliant (De Bruyne) is clearly an asset, I'm not suggesting otherwise. 

But us signing someone whose crossing is their most notable trait is like Man City signing someone with great aerial presence but a shit first touch. 

• Like 3

He seems a quick and tidy player, but doesn't appear have the physical attacking presence in a side Rodgers is trying to build on here.

Doesn't offer much more than what Barnes and even Gray have already.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Why wouldn't they?

He's one of their best players and genuinely their only really high valued asset (yes they value Tarkwoski at £50m but nobody will pay that).

A player's value is whatever he's worth to his current club.

If we ever give that money to Burnley for a player we genuinely deserve to fold

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I just don't know why anyone thinks his crossing being good is such a massive positive given how we play. 

We don't belt crosses in, we have nobody to really aim them at and tactically it would be a step back. 

Having a player who is a terrific crosser of the ball on top of also being brilliant (De Bruyne) is clearly an asset, I'm not suggesting otherwise. 

But us signing someone whose crossing is their most notable trait is like Man City signing someone with great aerial presence but a shit first touch. 

I agree but we still score a lot of goals from crosses or passes in to the box so intelligent and accurate players in the final 3rd are most definitely needed. McNeill is half decent but if he is who we are going to blow most of this summers budget on then I really fear for this regime.