Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Nigel Pearson: Here and Now

2 hours ago, shailen said:

Do people really think we'd have won the league with Pearson in charge that season? I think the momentum we had from the great escape would have helped us, but the genius in Ranieri was to give Mahrez a free role and stick Vardy up front as a sole striker. Pearson wanted his wingers to be disciplined and played in a very rigid way with Vardy finding himself on the left wing a lot in 14/15. He's done well for us and turned us around, but I don't think we'd have won the PL with him in charge! 

We would have won it with 100 points, won three consecutive Champions Leagues, Nige would have become England manager and won the World Cup with a front three of Vardy, Albrighton and Gary Taylor-Fletcher then come back here and declared the independence of the People's Republic of Leicestershire and built Full Communism.

5 hours ago, shailen said:

Do people really think we'd have won the league with Pearson in charge that season? 

We'd have won that, Strictly Come Dancing, and the 'guess the weight of the cake' comp at the Kibworth Harcourt village fete. Plus, given the great escape, we'd have walked Channel 4's Hunted.

28 minutes ago, Daggers said:

We'd have won that, Strictly Come Dancing, and the 'guess the weight of the cake' comp at the Kibworth Harcourt village fete. Plus, given the great escape, we'd have walked Channel 4's Hunted.

also, Nigel would have been offered a part in Stranger things.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, eblair said:

Yeah with all the others above. I’m 26 and NP made me love a Leicester city side for first time in my life. Great manager and leader, don’t think anyone will be able to top him for me (ranieri literally won us the PL and still love NP more)

Spot on. They say never meet your heroes but I met Nige and can confirm he is an absolute gent. Offered to share a taxi with me and my mate to the ground from the station and we said no cos we were going to the pub. I was a ****ing idiot at that moment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Spot on. They say never meet your heroes but I met Nige and can confirm he is an absolute gent. Offered to share a taxi with me and my mate to the ground from the station and we said no cos we were going to the pub. I was a ****ing idiot at that moment.

Damn that one must sting. I think Nige would have respected you wanted to go pub though. He's that sort of bloke (a top one).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Damn that one must sting. I think Nige would have respected you wanted to go pub though. He's that sort of bloke (a top one).

Yeah surprised he didn’t just come with us tbf. We were so good at that point under him we were winning, pre game beers with fans or not. 

2 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Nigel was great I'm an ol bloke

Always be Martin for me though. 

Both fantastic characters

I love to hear that the old timers love Nige too. Top man. Seems mainly the younger guys who don’t seem to appreciate just what that man did for our club. Those who were in their teens when we won the premier league. That is obviously going to have an affect on your standards. 

• Like 1

I’d like to see Pearson do really well at Bristol. He ain’t been sacked yet which, to me shows that the Board have given him license to do things his own way. 
I think they’ll be near to the play-offs this term, but only if they give him time and accept how he does things. Ie. If you ain’t playing for Nigel, you’re gone.

1F7DA863-23F1-4A9D-BE34-16D61EA39E2C.jpeg

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 3

Might have missed it in the white noise of our non-transfer window, but he's apparently given Kingy a player-coach role for Bristol City too. :wub:

Can only echo what others have said - the Pearson era, especially that first round in L1 and our first year back in the Championship, is what made me fall in love with this club. You just knew the players in that squad were all pulling in the same direction and 'got' what it meant to us, after half a decade of dross culminating in our lowest ebb.

Well, we don't talk about Kermo, but otherwise the point stands. :whistle:

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 3

I think it is very relevant to your age, I was 14-23 when we had the likes of Little, O'Neill and Adams so have very fond memories of that era.

As you get older and have other distractions, I think how you connect and feel about managers changes.

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think it is very relevant to your age, I was 14-23 when we had the likes of Little, O'Neill and Adams so have very fond memories of that era.

As you get older and have other distractions, I think how you connect and feel about managers changes.

Great point this.

Nige Part 1 and 2 and then into Claudio I was 18-26. 

Basically meant going to most games and certainly watching every minute of every game in some way, away days, football+drinking, etc etc.

I've not warmed to BR at all but during that time we've had Covid, televised football overload and i've become a Dad so you might be onto something lol 

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 4