Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Nigel Pearson: Here and Now

26 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

https://twitter.com/secondtierpod/status/1295405277534093314?s=20 didn't want to make another thread, I miss having a manager with some bollocks

Makes you wonder why Nige did what he did but there's a lot missing about what Matt Mills did too. He never pulled up any trees here, and as a fellow centre-half you'd expect Pearson to be trying his hardest to get a performance from him. Maybe Mills was a bad trainer or said something behind his back? Maybe we'll never know. But you only have to look at how the majority of players respond to him to know what kind of man manager Pearson is. The Matt Mills signing didn't work under any manager here, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

Makes you wonder why Nige did what he did but there's a lot missing about what Matt Mills did too. He never pulled up any trees here, and as a fellow centre-half you'd expect Pearson to be trying his hardest to get a performance from him. Maybe Mills was a bad trainer or said something behind his back? Maybe we'll never know. But you only have to look at how the majority of players respond to him to know what kind of man manager Pearson is. The Matt Mills signing didn't work under any manager here, unfortunately.

I think the general consensus on here at the time was that the Sven squad that Pearson inherited had a bad attitude and that Mills was the ringleader. Nige made an example of him early doors and made him train with the kids, I think.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

https://twitter.com/secondtierpod/status/1295405277534093314?s=20 didn't want to make another thread, I miss having a manager with some bollocks

Clever work from Mills there. Try and gain all the sympathy by lobbing in something that he "probably shouldn't mention" so that people's imaginations do the work. This means what you're imagining is likely to be far worse than what did happen.

Hands up who thinks we missed Matt Mills in that great team of 2013/14? No, me either. Perhaps a period of self reflection is required from MM as to his faults, and reasons why he wasn't part of our tight-knit unit, rather than blaming NP still, eight years later.

4 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think the general consensus on here at the time was that the Sven squad that Pearson inherited had a bad attitude and that Mills was the ringleader. Nige made an example of him early doors and made him train with the kids, I think.

I remember Pearson coming out and saying there was some bad apples at our club, without naming players it was well known to the fans that Neil Danns and Jermaine Beckford was 2 of them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Agreed.

Just watched that back for the first time in years and i can't understand why there was such an uproar towards Pearson from it.

The self entitlement of the fans in that stand is laughable. Probably the same ones who still give him shit after all he went on to do for us.

I'd have said more to that bunch of twats than that.

I think we were bottom and had only picked up 2 points from a possible 27 at the time and were throwing games away with silly mistakes and late goals against us. Everyone was getting tense because the potential in the team was there for everyone to see, which they then went on to show how good they actually were when we stayed up. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Mills out, Morgan in. One of the best bits of business NP did for us. The rest is history.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 3

I equally hate and love that he gets next to no recognition from the wider media, but we all know how important he was. Nige is king and always will be, I feel privileged to have seen him work at our club on so many occasions. How many other clubs went from league 1 to winning the prem in 8 years? Football is so unpredictable but with Pearson we just knew we’d come good. Chaotic, unpredictable, yet utterly genius.

• Like 1

Say what you like about him, and I think he has serious flaws as a manager, but he's one of the most important figures in our history without doubt. Also, he seems to have diverse interests and understands there is life outside of football. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bmouth_fox said:

Our Nige will be back here one day. Mark my words 

I hope not. The man is a ticking timebomb and a Championship manager at best. ( please dont remind me about the season he kept us up and all that bs, i know) im not convinced, k thanks.

• Like 2