Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

UEFA Champions League 20/21

4 minutes ago, Guest said:

He's singled him out using the colour of his skin you absolute dolt

I don't think any reason we give will be suitable.

When someone immediately comes in to defend the accused of racist language, it's already fighting a losing battle.

4 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Wtf?! The perpetrator?! What is he guilty of if he has called a black man, a black man?

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I don't understand why you feel the need to defend someone being accused of racist language?

If you don't know that person then just point and say "That person there".

I cannot work out why you would feel the need to bring skin colour into it?

I've actually experienced this myself. When managing a pub, I needed a bouncer to kick someone out. He asked for a description...I pointed to the guy that needed to go, said "red cap, tall, blue jeans".

The bouncer, who was black, looked at me like I was weird and said "You mean the black guy?"

Just now, TheUltimateWinner said:

Even if you don’t think it’s racist (which in my opinion it is)

In your workplace would you refer to a colleague as ‘the black one’ 

Absolutely not. 

bUt It'S jUsT dEScRiBing wHaT hE loOks liKE

300px-Mocking_SpongeBob.jpg

• Like 1

Absolutely not. 

It’s scary that some people can’t see how this is not ok. We need to keep promoting racial equality in football it seems. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

I've actually experienced this myself. When managing a pub, I needed a bouncer to kick someone out. He asked for a description...I pointed to the guy that needed to go, said "red cap, tall, blue jeans".

The bouncer, who was black, looked at me like I was weird and said "You mean the black guy?"

Ah fair enough.

Call it off lads. That one bouncer was cool with it so we should all carry on as normal.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 1

Absolutely not. 

That’s not a similar example as I would know first names. In the same way if I needed to pick out a white fella sat on a bench with five black lads, I would say ‘the white fella’. Seems obvious.

Just now, TamworthFoxes said:

That’s not a similar example as I would know first names. In the same way if I needed to pick out a white fella sat on a bench with five black lads, I would say ‘the white fella’. Seems obvious.

You're being amazingly ignorant, fair play.

2 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Wow what the fvck lol 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Wtf?! The perpetrator?! What is he guilty of if he has called a black man, a black man?

Well his comments have caused both teams to leave the pitch. So, yeah

Can I ask, are you a white man by any chance who determines what people of other races should / should not find offensive? 

Having watched it all back, the 4th official explained he was speaking Romanian. Demba ba was saying you wouldn't say "the white guy". Shouting at him for a very long time. Mbappe and a few other psg players seemed very angry and was saying we will not play with this racist. Someone off the Turkish bench telling the 4th official he is racist and sent the guy off because he was black. Some of the Turkish players said we must respect each other and told the ref to **** off many times whilst leaving the pitch. A very condensed version of events.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't think any reason we give will be suitable.

When someone immediately comes in to defend the accused of racist language, it's already fighting a losing battle.

Sadly, yep. Fair enough if it's just through pure ignorance and when challenged you react by saying "fair enough, I genuinely didn't know that was unacceptable, sorry", but when your instinct is just to double down with the "it's political correctness gone mad" guff it really does mark you out as a total helmet. Why it's so difficult to understand that you can't just say whatever you want to people and demand they're OK with it I'm not sure

Just now, StanSP said:

4th official admitting to using skin colour as a reference and has been substituted for the assistant VAR official apparently.

Istanbul still apparently refusing to come back out for the game.

They didn't make reference to it on BT but I have heard they have until 10:00pm to get the game restarted.

In fairness I’ve been in that situation where someone’s asked for a description and I’ve not wanted to say they were black. But it’s all context isn’t it, if you were doing a police report saying a Caucasian male is acceptable. When you can actually point at someone it’s just not necessary. 

I think some of you are being a bit quick to call racist at @TamworthFoxes

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

In fairness I’ve been in that situation where someone’s asked for a description and I’ve not wanted to say they were black. But it’s all context isn’t it, if you were doing a police report saying a Caucasian male is acceptable. When you can actually point at someone it’s just not necessary. 

I think some of you are being a bit quick to call racist at @TamworthFoxes

A police report is slightly different to an official referring to someone stood about 5 yards away from him though isn't it?