Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Fan Return News/Updates

2 minutes ago, foxgas said:

No chance of any fans in the ground this season, as the people causing the virus to  spread in the city are now refusing the vaccination. Depends on the figures but I can't see Leicester coming out of lockdown anytime soon.

Any numbers to add for those that are refusing?

Edited by norwichfox

11 minutes ago, foxgas said:

No chance of any fans in the ground this season, as the people causing the virus to  spread in the city are now refusing the vaccination. Depends on the figures but I can't see Leicester coming out of lockdown anytime soon.

Is that actually true? I have no data either way but I'm not sure how one would establish that connection.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, foxgas said:

Which people are causing the virus to spread?

26 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Is that actually true? I have no data either way but I'm not sure how one would establish that connection.

Why do you think Leicester has been in lockdown longer than anywhere in the UK? Statistics are freely available online or watch tonight's BBC news.

• Like 1

Just now, foxgas said:

Why do you think Leicester has been in lockdown longer than anywhere in the UK? Statistics are freely available online or watch tonight's BBC news.

Correlation is not causation, and that doesn't address your assertion that those carrying the virus are refusing the jab. Where is that specific info coming from?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Think it was said the whole stadium had to be open for them to keep the £70.

Yep I think that’s right, full capacity for them to keep the £70 for this season, but if that’s not achieved they will keep the £70 still but credit it against 2021/22 season price.

Doubt there will be many refunds going on, supposedly it’ll only be for those who do not want to renew again.

4 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Why do people pussynfoot around the subject? And what's wrong in stating an opinion?. 

*Infection rates in areas with large Asian communities- Evington, oadby, northfields - have been sky high since day 1

*targeted ad campaigns have had to be made by well known asian showbiz and public figures  to address reluctant take up of the vaccine by asian communities 

*possible cause of higher than average infection rates is multi generational households in high density housing working in low paid jobs

*plus a cultural bias to be naturally sceptical of what posh, rich, white middle aged men tell them to do - especially when it involves stopping seeing close family members in what is generally a tightly knit, family oriented culture

Anything offensive there?!

In the interests of clarity- let’s not bracket anyone with brown skin together as one homogeneous community- it’s pretty clear what the common thread is. As a Hindu it bugs the crap out of me that every time some shit happens they hide behind ‘Asian’ community in the reporting- pls call it for what it is- it’s like saying it’s the Europeans or Africans- what the heck does that mean?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

So they’ll be allowed in for just one round of Premier League games. Up to 10’000 allowed or 25% for small stadiums (under 40,000).

Seems unfair if there’s anything riding on that last game that those at home that day will get a boost....could work in our favour though...

It's irrelevant really. After a season without a crowd, hopefully they wouldn't be that fickle to not be able to perform because of a few spectators in a stadium. They're supposed to be highly paid professionals after all. 

Hi I live in Sydney aust , and we are allowed fans at our sport’s . But I can’t believe it took ur government till now to start putting travellers into isolation when they come into the country, u are a island like us and u could be just like us cov -19  almost free , if u had done that , our kids have. Even been at school nearly all the time and apart from some wack job heads of states we have done really well . Hope the vacations work for u and things go back to normal soon 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, holyfox said:

In the interests of clarity- let’s not bracket anyone with brown skin together as one homogeneous community- it’s pretty clear what the common thread is. As a Hindu it bugs the crap out of me that every time some shit happens they hide behind ‘Asian’ community in the reporting- pls call it for what it is- it’s like saying it’s the Europeans or Africans- what the heck does that mean?

Of course..

My post was a dig at a previous post from hackney who was trying to nudge somebody else's comment into racism.waters. 

Back to your own point tho, Generalisations on forums are inevitable though. It's lazy, but inevitable. Man U fans are entitled. Spurs jealous/bitter. Leeds arrogant. Etonians are posh. Rugby fans wear hackett and Barbour. Guardian readers are woke etc.etc

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Of course..

My post was a dig at a previous post from hackney who was trying to nudge somebody else's comment into racism.waters. 

Back to your own point tho, Generalisations on forums are inevitable though. It's lazy, but inevitable. Man U fans are entitled. Spurs jealous/bitter. Leeds arrogant. Etonians are posh. Rugby fans wear hackett and Barbour. Guardian readers are woke etc.etc

It's interesting that you assume that's what he was doing, though. Being a non-resident now, I had no clue of the racial undertone that may or may not have been implied, which is why I was seeking fact, rather than opinion based on a non-scientific set of perceived truths. I agree that opinion is fine, but confidently presenting opinion as fact, not so much, and unfortunately, given far too much importance nowadays. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, foxgas said:

You sure pal? 

Whole country is coming out at the same time.