Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Fan Return News/Updates

4 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

So it’s the government’s fault Leicester cases are on the rise, not the idiots spreading it?🤣

Correct, idiots spreading it as you say is because they have been allowed to.

Also how do you blame the residents for the government keeping the biggest spread vector open? (schools).

The residents didnt decide to pay people to eat out, they didnt decide to keep schools open, they didnt decide there would be no enforcement.  I am one of those residents, I have upheld the rules to the letter, and I find it offensive you say to me oh its because we all are not following "broken" rules.

Just because other areas may have done ok out of it, it doesnt mean one set of rules is right for everyone, we have very crowded housing, poor jobs, 2 uni's.  Bit easy for people to say that from their nice big pad in the middle of nowhere.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m afraid that because you lot couldn’t sort yourselves out I won’t be able to make a 160 mile round trip to see the boys play !!

I wonder if 2000 fans in large stadia will crate enough atmosphere to give a home advantage of any kind 

we are at spurs 19th and they will be allowed 2000 fans 

I don't think 2000 in a huge stadium will make too much difference but would be nice to see. Northern Ireland had less than a 1000 and it sounded like lots more but it was so refreshing to hear real crowd noise. 

Presumably this is the same rule throughout the football leagues (haven't read into it).

If so, i'm sure 4000 in some grounds further down will almost be full capacity!

I always thought that they would approach this on a percentage to capacity ratio rather than blanket approach. Not complaining though as at least this is the start to getting back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whitlock said:

Presumably this is the same rule throughout the football leagues (haven't read into it).

I always thought that they would approach this on a percentage to capacity ratio rather than blanket approach. Not complaining though as at least this is the start to getting back.

its 4000 or 50%, whichever is lower, it is more favourable to lower leagues, but they will still be capped to 50%.

so e.g. 20k capacity is 4k allowed.

3k capacity is 1500 allowed.

Edited by Chrysalis

1 minute ago, whitlock said:

Think it's 50% or 4000, whichever is the smaller.

Just now, Chrysalis said:

its 4000 or 50%, whichever is lower, it is more favourable to lower leagues, but they will still be capped to 50%.

so e.g. 20k capacity is 4k allowed.

3k capacity is 1500 allowed.

OK cool.

Hopefully they will move to a percentage based approach after this goes to plan, hopefully.

Doesn’t this create an unfair situation in terms of a sporting competition going forward?

At least at the moment every club is in the same boat whether they play better or worse with no crowd, but if we have to play with no crowd (obviously) and then we go to Sheff U away and they have 4,000 fans in that can’t be right. 

You can’t have a competition where rules, through not fault of the home supporters, are different. Not sure how the Premier League will play this?

• Like 1

Just now, Phube said:

Doesn’t this create an unfair situation in terms of a sporting competition going forward?

At least at the moment every club is in the same boat whether they play better or worse with no crowd, but if we have to play with no crowd (obviously) and then we go to Sheff U away and they have 4,000 fans in that can’t be right. 

You can’t have a competition where rules, through not fault of the home supporters, are different. Not sure how the Premier League will play this?

Spot on. How can it be fair that some clubs can have home fans and others can’t? It throws the integrity of the competition out the window because it is an advantage with some fans allowed and others not. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Spot on. How can it be fair that some clubs can have home fans and others can’t? It throws the integrity of the competition out the window because it is an advantage with some fans allowed and others not. 

Integrity!!! That’s the word I was looking for! 

I believe the government are moving as fast as they can with the vaccine so we can have a proper send off for Fuchs, and a nightmarish thought , a guard of honour for new champions Tottenham!

if the vaccine roles out ok I reckon we’ll be back to or close to normal by May bank holiday 2021. 

Obviously a lot can change but that seems a reasonable scenario.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
26 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I hope you don't mind my asking what leads you to believe this?

Are you suggesting they are purposely going slow, because it seems pretty obvious they would want this sorted as quickly as possible for their sake and the countries. 

37 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

I believe the government are moving as fast as they can with the vaccine

32 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I hope you don't mind my asking what leads you to believe this?

Every update from the Goverment and the scientists states they are progressing as quickly as possible due to the unprecedented scale of the pandemic, having a devastating impact on the world.

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Like 1

Guest Markyblue
Just now, HighPeakFox said:

I am suggesting precisely nothing - I asked a straightforward question. 

And by asking that question you are obviously doubtful of it thats why you have asked the question. 

Just now, Markyblue said:

And by asking that question you are obviously doubtful of it thats why you have asked the question. 

No. I asked what information led him to his belief - i.e., has he been privy to information that has escaped me, for example.

If that's just his opinion, then fair enough. I'm not here to get into my opinion of the government - nobody needs that.

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

No. I asked what information led him to his belief - i.e., has he been privy to information that has escaped me, for example.

If that's just his opinion, then fair enough. I'm not here to get into my opinion of the government - nobody needs that.

I think whatever government was in power they would be committing political suicide to delay a quick as possible release of a game changing vaccine, this is above politics its about saving lives. 

2 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

I think whatever government was in power they would be committing political suicide to delay a quick as possible release of a game changing vaccine, this is above politics its about saving lives. 

I truly hope you are correct. I'm not going further with it than that. Please, with respect, don't put words in my mouth. If I want to say how I feel about the government, I will say it. 

4 hours ago, whitlock said:

Standing room only at The Vitality 😂

16 hours ago, Phube said:

Fairness you're having a laugh,  if that was to have any bearing then transfer fee's and earnings would be capped.