Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Fan Return News/Updates

Sorry but I have to agree that migrants who live in large numbers do spread the cov-19 . In Victoria we had 6 housing blocks with over 3000 people who had little or no English and failed to isolate when they got the virus , the government locked them down for weeks , they use police and the army to stop them leaving there units . 

17 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Sorry but I have to agree that migrants who live in large numbers do spread the cov-19 . In Victoria we had 6 housing blocks with over 3000 people who had little or no English and failed to isolate when they got the virus , the government locked them down for weeks , they use police and the army to stop them leaving there units . 

Go on, where are you facts and stats to back this up? Or is this all hearsay as the "migrants don't speak English" 

On 23/02/2021 at 00:27, volpeazzurro said:

It's irrelevant really. After a season without a crowd, hopefully they wouldn't be that fickle to not be able to perform because of a few spectators in a stadium. They're supposed to be highly paid professionals after all. 

During that brief spell when crowds were allowed back into stadiums... you know when infections were still sky high, the government thought it fine and just before we went into a third lockdown (sorry I'll stop before I rant on)... we saw that those teams benefited from them being there. Everton I think was one that jumped out at me. If margins are thin fans make a huge difference. Giving some teams that advantage is unfair imo. 

• Like 1

On 23/02/2021 at 03:43, Paninistickers said:

Why do people pussynfoot around the subject? And what's wrong in stating an opinion?. 

*Infection rates in areas with large Asian communities- Evington, oadby, northfields - have been sky high since day 1

*targeted ad campaigns have had to be made by well known asian showbiz and public figures  to address reluctant take up of the vaccine by asian communities 

*possible cause of higher than average infection rates is multi generational households in high density housing working in low paid jobs

*plus a cultural bias to be naturally sceptical of what posh, rich, white middle aged men tell them to do - especially when it involves stopping seeing close family members in what is generally a tightly knit, family oriented culture

Anything offensive there?!

I am sure someone will come back on the last question. This is FT after all.

1 hour ago, Bptiger said:

Oh is that the incident that was investigated and found the government guilty of human rights abuse? You're doing what others on here have said not to. You're just making stuff up. "little or no English", "failed to isolate" at least you didn't run with the governments "hot-bed of crime", something else that was proven to be a lie. They didn't lock them down for weeks either. Jeez. I noticed you didn't bring up the lock down in a luxury apartment block (obviously without the human rights issues).

Edited by Hoopla10

18 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

During that brief spell when crowds were allowed back into stadiums... you know when infections were still sky high, the government thought it fine and just before we went into a third lockdown (sorry I'll stop before I rant on)... we saw that those teams benefited from them being there. Everton I think was one that jumped out at me. If margins are thin fans make a huge difference. Giving some teams that advantage is unfair imo. 

Don't take me wrong, personally I think it's either everyone with a few fans or none at all because that to me would seem to be logical fair play. I suspect strongly that money comes into the equation somewhere 🤔

Whilst certain players may perform better with the buzz and pressure of a crowd, Vardy possibly, but I suggest his will to win is ever present, it can conversely work the other way also. Has the lack of a crowd been beneficial for some younger players or new signings? Young Luke Thomas for example, has he been able to develop his confidence better without an expert audience groaning at every slight mistake?

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Don't take me wrong, personally I think it's either everyone with a few fans or none at all because that to me would seem to be logical fair play. I suspect strongly that money comes into the equation somewhere 🤔

Whilst certain players may perform better with the buzz and pressure of a crowd, Vardy possibly, but I suggest his will to win is ever present, it can conversely work the other way also. Has the lack of a crowd been beneficial for some younger players or new signings? Young Luke Thomas for example, has he been able to develop his confidence better without an expert audience groaning at every slight mistake?

Oh I 100% agree about some developing players have benefitted from lack of pitch side pressure. JJ could be another. Also teams that have gone through "sticky" patches where a crowd could make it worse. I still think ManU and OGS has benefitted from this. Steve Bruce would be facing "GET HIM OUT" signs every match day if crowds were in the stadium. Speaking of which they play Fulham at Craven Cottage on that final day. That could be a big decider of who goes down. Is that fair?

• Like 1

On 22/02/2021 at 19:43, Paninistickers said:

Why do people pussynfoot around the subject? And what's wrong in stating an opinion?. 

*Infection rates in areas with large Asian communities- Evington, oadby, northfields - have been sky high since day 1

*targeted ad campaigns have had to be made by well known asian showbiz and public figures  to address reluctant take up of the vaccine by asian communities 

*possible cause of higher than average infection rates is multi generational households in high density housing working in low paid jobs

*plus a cultural bias to be naturally sceptical of what posh, rich, white middle aged men tell them to do - especially when it involves stopping seeing close family members in what is generally a tightly knit, family oriented culture

Anything offensive 

Looking at latest figures it seems that the " whiter " areas are just as bad . 

Maybe it's just a Leicester thing :blush:

Screenshot_20210225-162807_Twitter.jpg

The Premier League are reportedly looking at moving the penultimate game of the season so that all clubs have one home match with fans present. Subject to PL shareholders and media/broadcasters agreeing. It was also mentioned that it would enable those clubs who have not yet had any fans attend an opportunity to practice Covid safe protocols.

This is obviously dependent on all the dates in the roadmap being achieved.

3 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

The Premier League are reportedly looking at moving the penultimate game of the season so that all clubs have one home match with fans present. Subject to PL shareholders and media/broadcasters agreeing. It was also mentioned that it would enable those clubs who have not yet had any fans attend an opportunity to practice Covid safe protocols.

I get that they may see that as fairer but earlier in the season they had fans in some grounds and not others without caring about 'fairness'. So I don't see the difference now! Also pushing back fixtures would surely have implications for the Euros as players would have less time to rest before going into an intensive tournament environment.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I don’t see how there’s room to do that unless Southgate and the FA are willing to let a week of their Euros prep. Would cause a fairness argument too if an English team get to CL and EL Finals 

On 25/02/2021 at 17:41, FoyleFox said:

That is good, but there is nothing the EPL can do if the law of the land forbids it, given Leicester's numbers are staying high, (now 3rd highest council in country), and Boris has already confirmed local lockdowns will happen if areas remain high, I dont think we will be hosting attended home games this season.

Edited by Chrysalis

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

2k corporate? That's a joke.

It will be justified by the amount of money they’ve paid for their tickets this season (unused)

but for those who can’t afford corporate, the money they’ve had to invest ( also for no return this campaign)  is just as valuable to them (if not moreso)

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

It seems completely disproportionate. There's no way the corporate side makes up a quarter of the crowd.

It doesn’t but it’s about dosh. If you’ve laid out £300 to see nothing this season then the club would like to get a big chunk of that in their coffers rather than have to pass it into next year.