Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Fan Return News/Updates

5 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

No. I can’t wait to get back to watching us in the flesh. Get quite emotional at the thought of watching the pre match film, cheering as the lads step out onto the pitch, and getting totally absorbed in the events unfolding in front of me for the subsequent couple of hours

Totally agree it’s not like we’ve all had much else to do at the weekends, well anything of real interest now everyone has built that bar in their garden. 

Just now, StanSP said:

This just takes the piss now. 

3000 people allowed in to Royal Albert Hall from later this month, with dining options in the restaurant too. Far more enclosed than a football stadium. 

Where is the logic? 

Boris has to pander to the upper classes of society... :(

Went Coalville Town v Alfreton on Saturday with 450 in and that’s with a ban on away fans because Alfreton are classed as ‘elite’.

Obviously as well because it was hammering it down most were huddling together under the covered stands. How the heck anyone reckons it would be less safe opening huge stadiums is beyond me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Went Coalville Town v Alfreton on Saturday with 450 in and that’s with a ban on away fans because Alfreton are classed as ‘elite’.

Obviously as well because it was hammering it down most were huddling together under the covered stands. How the heck anyone reckons it would be less safe opening huge stadiums is beyond me.

The reasoning whether I agree with it or not is that having a stadium such as KP Stadium open is the stress on public transport, how fans collect in the concourses and fans going to pubs etc before/after kick off. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Makes a mockery fans aren't even allowed in small stadiums yet people all over the country can go to O2 and Royal Albert Hall. 

Rubbish. 

Active encouragement to get folks into 4th cinema too. Tyke government is picking and choosing elements of culture which is dangerously close to politi-think. 

I did wonder if keeping the stadiums closed, was in part to encourage people to attend lower league football. They’ll fee the impact more than elite clubs, so it allows them an income. 

I'm a little confused that people can't see the differance between a few thousand people going to the royal Albert hall and a few thousand people going to a game of football. 

It isn't about the actual event. It is about everything surrounding it. 

Your average theatre punters dont meet up in big groups and travel on public transport crammed into small spaces whilst drunkenly singing songs. 

They are in no way comparable. 

• Like 2

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm a little confused that people can't see the differance between a few thousand people going to the royal Albert hall and a few thousand people going to a game of football. 

Your average theatre punters dont meet up in big groups and travel on public transport crammed into small spaces whilst drunkenly singing songs. 

People aren't seeing the difference, as that difference isn't being publicly aired. If we were straight up told by the FA/Gov that opening grounds was paused due to concerns around cases and risk of transmission associated with usage of public transport and related pre-game social events, people would be more understanding.

All we get shown is big inside events being opened and that football is paused. 

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

And neither does your average football fan. We’re talking 10 to 20 percent capacity, and restrictions on gatherings in pubs would still apply. 

6 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

You'd be surprised how many people travel to the theatre from outside of London. Obviously with current lockdown(s) across the country that is restricted and heavily reduced but ultimately it's hundreds/thousands people in a closed environment. 

The leaving of people from a stadium can be managed up to the point they leave the premises and then it just becomes your general outdoors area. Stadiums are large areas. I know RAH is big as well but it's still enclosed. 

5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Theatre punters do cram on public transport and they eat or drink before and afterwards. That's before we consider the O2.

The behaviour you've described there is less likely with only home fans entering a stadium at staggered times. Also, the kind of fans that attend a match and have no intention of following the rules are also not going to follow the rules whether they are at a match or not. I hate this assumption that football fans are all locked up at home in isolation waiting for the stadiums to reopen so they can act like they did before.

• Like 2

the government are scared of the potential backlash they would get if things worsened following the return of fans. Football will always be a scapegoat no matter what, when actually saving football and allowing some fans to return across all leagues would only benefit the economy.

You could easily have 15,000-18,000 at the KP safely. They just won’t do it through fear of liaising off Karen from Facebook. 

36 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

So how are the few thousand going to get to the RHA or the O2? They are served by one tube station, South Ken and North Greenwich, respectively. If you've ever been to either, you will see how crammed the tube gets near to opening time. Vastly different to attending a game at, say, the KP, where you can easily drive in or get a multitude of different buses to the city centre and walk across.

And one of the main parts of theatre is the meal beforehand, meeting up in big groups to eat and drink wine before going in. Hence the huge range of 'pre-theatre' menus available in restaurants across London.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

So how are the few thousand going to get to the RHA or the O2? They are served by one tube station, South Ken and North Greenwich, respectively. If you've ever been to either, you will see how crammed the tube gets near to opening time. Vastly different to attending a game at, say, the KP, where you can easily drive in or get a multitude of different buses to the city centre and walk across.

And one of the main parts of theatre is the meal beforehand, meeting up in big groups to eat and drink wine before going in. Hence the huge range of 'pre-theatre' menus available in restaurants across London.

Listen, I know it is FT where we are all pre determined to argue points but there are to points you simply can not argue....

1, people who go to theatre are completely different from those who go to football.

2, people who go to football and people who go to Theatre act in two completely different manners.

...With that being said, I'm confused as to why you think the same rules should apply to two completely different groups.

23 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Listen, I know it is FT where we are all pre determined to argue points but there are to points you simply can not argue....

1, people who go to theatre are completely different from those who go to football.

2, people who go to football and people who go to Theatre act in two completely different manners.

...With that being said, I'm confused as to why you think the same rules should apply to two completely different groups.

Points 1 and 2 are absolute bollocks.

Plenty of people go to both, and are perfectly sensible...please stop with the sweeping generalisations, it's not helpful.

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue
23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Hands up if you've been to/go to football and theatre, meaning you are 2 completely different people 

:wave:

Ive been to the theatre many times and football hundreds of times , but my name is doctor marky and mr blue.

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Have you tried getting back from the Royal Albert Hall before?! If anything it can be worse as the events finish late at night and everyone has to move quickly to get the last train home. At least with the football you can often take your time and wait for a less crowded service. Key difference though is the fact that football is outside where it's shown the risk for transmission is shown to be a lot lot less. Steps can be taken such as banning alcohol on public transport when going to matches, but if there's reduced capacity and no away fans travelling then I really don't think public transport will be that bad. 

23 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Boris has to pander to the upper classes of society... :(

Because he is one. And a knob.

The bloke who went to Eton prefers to pander to upper classes is no shock to me.

• Like 3