Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 2020/21

40 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Evans playing a full 120' for Northern Ireland.  :(

Been 1-1 since early second half.  Apparently he slipped to let Bosnia in for their goal.

It was an unfortunate slip but he played well. Northern Ireland woke up after going behind and arguably deserved to go through. Just a pity ROI couldn't do their bit to set-up an All-Ireland clash.

45 minutes ago, onekeithweller said:

Watched on TSN stream. English commentator, not sure who said  Harvey Barnes, the Burnley man, coming on, he started out at Leicester of course but has really developed his game under the tutelage of Sean Dyche :blink:

He might have developed his game at Burnley under Sean Dyche but it was his verse on World In Motion that he's most known for,

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

It was an unfortunate slip but he played well. Northern Ireland woke up after going behind and arguably deserved to go through. Just a pity ROI couldn't do their bit to set-up an All-Ireland clash.

The extra time period Evans was faultless 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Never can understand why ITV (and BBC) feature Rep of Ireland as like a home nation giving us updates on their game. Nowt to do with us, like the French. 

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Very large Irish population here, simple as that I imagine.

Also the common travel area, it is the very definition of a 'special relationship'.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/common-travel-area-guidance

Edited by Vardinio'sCat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, onekeithweller said:

Watched on TSN stream. English commentator, not sure who said  Harvey Barnes, the Burnley man, coming on, he started out at Leicester of course but has really developed his game under the tutelage of Sean Dyche :blink:

Heard that too, but was brewing homemade beer (long story) and thought I must have mis-heard and he was prolly referring to someone else. lol

3 hours ago, hejammy said:

A bit controversial probably but at this moment in time I think Greilish is better overall than Madders. Madders has the potential to be a much better player but right now Greilish I think offers more. Don't get me wrong his diving annoys me but then again madders also has some diving moments too. 

2 hours ago, Rain King said:

Grealish is much the better player imo.

Admittedly wearing my blue-tinted glasses, but Madders has been mostly injured and has not significantly played for a few months, so little surprise if Grealish is ahead "right now". Nonetheless, at the top of each player's game, I will personally opt for Madders over Grealish, not least because I think his game works better for us. Either way, they are both great young talents.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Admittedly wearing my blue-tinted glasses, but Madders has been mostly injured and has not significantly played for a few months, so little surprise if Grealish is ahead "right now". Nonetheless, at the top of each player's game, I will personally opt for Madders over Grealish, not least because I think his game works better for us. Either way, they are both great young talents.

Noticed how he carried the ball up the pitch from midfield to attack, something we've really missed in a fair few games. Doubt he'll be given a huge number of opportunities, but think he'd be a great addition as almost free roaming if Southgate was to stick with his 2 more defensive players in midfield. 

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Noticed how he carried the ball up the pitch from midfield to attack, something we've really missed in a fair few games. Doubt he'll be given a huge number of opportunities, but think he'd be a great addition as almost free roaming if Southgate was to stick with his 2 more defensive players in midfield. 

I think we've missed the boat with Grealish, personally, I think he'll wind up at a traditional "big six" now on solid wages. 

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think we've missed the boat with Grealish, personally, I think he'll wind up at a traditional "big six" now on solid wages. 

For sure, if he keeps progressing I can see a Man United, Chelsea or Spurs lumping a huge sum at him. Particularly United, when inevitably Sancho doesn't sign for another transfer window, I can see a move for Grealish. 

Grealish operated from wing to wing behind the front 2 in the end and tw*tgate seemed happy for him to mainly sit in that line without too much defensive back tracking.

I've wanted madders to be in that role for city for a long time and hopefully albeit from 2 performances only this season it seems that he's doing just that at last. 👏

OS

A busy day of internationals 🌎
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 Danny Ward
🆚🇮🇪 - 2pm BST
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Harvey Barnes
🆚🇧🇪 Youri Tielemens, Timothy Castagne & Dennis Praet - 5pm BST
🇹🇷 Cengiz Ünder, Çağlar Söyüncü
🆚🇷🇺 - 7:45pm BST
🇩🇰 Kasper Schmeichel
🆚🇮🇸 - 7:45pm BST
Jonny Evans (Northern Ireland)
🆚🇦🇹 - 7:45pm BST

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

100%

We've got four players who will play for the opposition in the next two and probably none for England.

I'm a little annoyed that we won't have the chance to see Vardy flick the ball over Schmeichel in the Denmark game before cupping his ears to him.

• Haha 2