Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Sheff Wed Match Thread

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Pre season friendlies mean sod all in terms of the bigger picture but my concern wasn’t about how we did today anyway

I just look at our squad and genuinely see a very very average Premier League squad. I think we’ve gone backwards personally 

Absolutely spot on

25 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Would say that’s down to quarantine? No team will be ready for the start of the season. The whole pandemic football has been a joke to be honest. I for one can’t be bothered to watch football until the fans are back. 

Yeah maybe and agreed, I’ve never been so disassociated with football. I’d genuinely rather it didn’t restart until fans are on as mentally it’s grim watching.

There was no joy in anything towards the end of the season.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 1

We've a small squad and we're still suffering from the same injuries that plagued us after the restart.

We need signings, and it seems we're going to have to wait until towards the end of the window to find value.

But it's going to be a long, arduous season. We're going to play a lot of games and it could take a while for us to really settle down and get going once we've got some new signings in and our injured players are back.

We're going to have to muddle through until then. And the players who wear the jersey until then are going to need our support, whether it's in a reduced crowd, on social media, or wherever.

I think we'll be playing our best football heading into the new year personally. Patience will be required.

3 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Seriously?

Theres one thing not dwelling on a bad result for days but laughing and joking with someone who you know is your future team mate, immediately after the whistle, im sorry thats unprofessional and disrespectful.

The whistle had gone, we had lost...

Unprofessional? Mahrez forcing a move, sitting at an airport to, or players refusing to play because they want a move IMO is unprofessional.

disrespectful? It was no worse then our own fans booing his every touch (even the better ones) at a game last season. Cannot remember which one, but the atmosphere to Ben was as bad as I can remember.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

We created a lot of chances and didnt concede many, there is a team in there they just need some confidence.

It’s all subjective really at this point, but there were too many worrying signs. Free headers in our box, runners into our box not picked up, and the now increasingly usual slow sideways and backwards passing. There’s a lot of work still to be done. The good news is that we still have two weeks.

Edited by NaijaFox

1 hour ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Would say that’s down to quarantine? No team will be ready for the start of the season. The whole pandemic football has been a joke to be honest. I for one can’t be bothered to watch football until the fans are back.

You likely won’t be watching football for a while then.

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Some of the comments in here regarding a pre-season friendly are embarrassing. Just to remind some of you that our dads army team under Micky Adams narrowly lost to Ronaldhino led Barca one preseason and in another we narrowly lost to Real Madrid. Our best manager, Nigel Pearson tried to limit pre-season friendlies because apart from fitness he didn’t believe they’d serve any real purpose. 

I completely understand fans frustrations with the transfer business but classing our team and squad as useless because of a 0-0 on a training pitch in Loughborough is beyond ridiculous. 

Your 100% right, but showing limited/to no improvement in CY2020 to date is a worry.   I guess as fans we just want to see a pre-season thats shows to some degree that we have turned the corner.   

Well if you look at our form between Jan until now, we’re probably worse than Norwich. We’ve done nothing to rectify that. Zero reinvestment in the team. The only players Rodgers has signed is JJ and Perez. Not counting Youri. 

We’re dogshit 

Edited by Master Fox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Some of the comments in here regarding a pre-season friendly are embarrassing. Just to remind some of you that our dads army team under Micky Adams narrowly lost to Ronaldhino led Barca one preseason and in another we narrowly lost to Real Madrid. Our best manager, Nigel Pearson tried to limit pre-season friendlies because apart from fitness he didn’t believe they’d serve any real purpose. 

I completely understand fans frustrations with the transfer business but classing our team and squad as useless because of a 0-0 on a training pitch in Loughborough is beyond ridiculous. 

Well put. 

Didn't we get slapped at Northampton before our Championship winning Season?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Well if you look at our form between Jan until now, we’re probably worse than Norwich. We’ve done nothing to rectify that. Zero reinvestment in the team. The only players Rodgers has signed is JJ and Perez. Not counting Youri. 

We’re dogshit 

Insightful and well measured analysis. We need more of this. Thanks.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

We’re dogshit 

MF do you think we had some poon in the crowds our performance would have been better?

• Like 1