Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Sheff Wed Match Thread

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

Didn't learn anything new,.other then Taggs is well boring

I remember listening to a pre season friendly against ilkeston on Radio Leicester. When Taggart started saying he puts brown and red sauce together on his burger i contemplated what i was doing with my life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Pretty sure Nugent had that too and we bloody loved him for it!

Nugent was consistently good and delivered, he was cut slack for the odd error. When the situation is reversed, more errors or poor than consistently good, it's frustrating and fans are less inclined to be forgiving. And Nuge pretty much smiled at everything in fairness.

• Like 1

What do fans Really expect to see in the preliminary pre-season games...

What do they Really Think they will see when the Coaches & Management ( which all Teams do)

Select the young Non- First teamers,to mix with the boys..

No individual,No Team are going to push & go Full pull,including the youngsters....

These games are for the players ,coaches & manager........

Games like Werder-Bremen, Barcelona.....are The Step ups,I Doubt with covid, we will see is Matching up with such teams...

And look ..we did well against the Prestige teams.....for years.......but it didnt give is any inckling what that season would bring us...

I just like to see what fringe,or young potential talent can Knock on the door,and interest the manager, for selection & tactics..!!

Win 6-0...lose 6-0 means diddly squat at this Stage of pre-season..!!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I remember listening to a pre season friendly against ilkeston on Radio Leicester. When Taggart started saying he puts brown and red sauce together on his burger i contemplated what i was doing with my life.

That's made me laugh more than it should, probably because I'm partial to brown and red sauce on a hot dog :D

45 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

We only need to show world class players a picture of the new training ground and they'll be queueing up to sign for us. No money required.😂

The new training centre isn’t exactly a white elephant. But frankly I can’t see of what benefit it will have to our league position or luring quality players. 

• Like 3

Guest Markyblue
2 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

The new training centre isn’t exactly a white elephant. But frankly I can’t see of what benefit it will have to our league position or luring quality players. 

🤔

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Pre season friendlies mean sod all in terms of the bigger picture but my concern wasn’t about how we did today anyway

I just look at our squad and genuinely see a very very average Premier League squad. I think we’ve gone backwards personally 

Issue is this isn't the classic pre-season, it's only a few weeks since they last played.

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Pre season friendlies mean sod all in terms of the bigger picture but my concern wasn’t about how we did today anyway

I just look at our squad and genuinely see a very very average Premier League squad. I think we’ve gone backwards personally 

This. 

It's quite baffling that we still haven't addressed the fact all our wide players are distinctly average. I love the bloke but we are 2 weeks away from the season and Marc Albrighton is in line to start the first few games :o

I look at the squad and there appears to be a lack of depth everywhere bar CM & possibly RB if Ricardo is back, worrying. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

We’re a Vardy injury away from relegation 

Sad but true. 

Harvey, Nacho,Perez and Gray will not score enough goals between them to get us anywhere near the top end of the table. 

We're not exactly blessed with free scoring midfielders either except Madders. 

I'm sure they'll know this and have plans🤞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harpendenfox said:

Was our trusty old friend Matty J nowhere to be seen ?

Correct - he is currently on Mykonos with a group of friends -  Ozil, Winston Bogarde, Danny Drinkwater and Islam Slimani.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I agree 💯 

I do not take notice of results in pre season but I am genuinely concerned.  We simply do not have the squad depth to cope with playing twice a week once in the Europa league and then again on a Sunday.  Our squad lacks depth and not enough experience and  older heads to see us through games.  We are relying on an ageing Vardy, Albrighton, Morgan, Fuchs to see us through games.  At this moment in time Maddison is injured along with Pierera so both could be missing well into October.

Other players just dont appear good enough.  How many chances are we going to give Gray?

Where are Evans, Peres and Ndidi?  Are we relying on Mendy this season to be the anchor in midfield?

It is very worrying and disconcerting.

A battle against relegation will be on the cards this season if we dont invest in the squad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Interesting that DJ came in to replace Wes and not benkovic. It seems like he’s another that Brendan really doesn’t rate. It could be nothing and br just stuck to his plan but DJ ended up with more minutes

So odd considering how good he was for Celtic