Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Sheff Wed Match Thread

If we had a “Negativity thread” I suspect it would go one of two ways

1. It would be empty, as most people who are negative feel they are not being negative, but constructive (no-one who can illicit change is listening)
  2. It would get to the mystical 100 pages of power in record time

:P

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

people are being too nice and kind.  

Tell the truth I know it was only a pre season friendly but........we were shite

We are always shite in pre-season. That’s not the issue. 

Its the lack of squad depth, that’s the obvious issue right now, it’s nothing to do with the performance. 

Even with a convincing win here, I’d still be concerned 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’ve missed both friendlies, are we getting relegated? I hope we aren’t getting relegated.

Think so mate judging by some on here, played 2 one won drew one and haven't conceded a goal yet  but apparently that means we are doomed. Was poor today mind you but had enough chances to win.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Correct - he is currently on Mykonos with a group of friends -  Ozil, Winston Bogarde, Danny Drinkwater and Islam Slimani.

I’m surprised Matty James was not on the bench I thought that was included in his contract. 

Edited by Ely fox

28 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Can you honestly look at our available first team and then West Brom's and deduce that we shouldn't win. If so I think you're looking for excuses to lose because we're stronger in every department. If we lost it would be down to poor tactics and substitutions by the manager like it was for the majority of our demise from just before Christmas. Agreed, as most people recognise, we do need more players of quality to compete at the top end of the table and have a stronger squad for a season which will have more matches but, we've enough to compete against most teams when all fit. Rodgers will quite rightly be under scrutiny for the first couple of months, he's got no excuses as he's got a wealth of talent available to him compared to many other teams in the Premiership. 

It's all about momentum and confidence I guess and learning from last season....

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Interesting that DJ came in to replace Wes and not benkovic. It seems like he’s another that Brendan really doesn’t rate. It could be nothing and br just stuck to his plan but DJ ended up with more minutes

So odd considering how good he was for Celtic 

Each player would've had a predetermined number of minutes they were to play, Wes getting injured would've swayed that slightly, so Benk was probably always going to be given 30mins give or take

• Like 1

Chelsea drew to Brighton today having spent millions.

On the face of it our result and performance wasn't great however I take pre season with a pinch of salt.

I am very confident we can manage atleast 18th this season so cheer up guys.

Edited by adejo92

Time to stick these games at 2am, we can avoid the live stuff and not spend our Saturday afternoons getting worked up about kickabouts on training grounds.

Did anyone think we were good again after winning v Birmingham? Would winning 1-0 today have made it any better?

What happens off the pitch in the next two weeks is far more important.

6 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Can’t believe how serious people take friendlies, why? It’s about building match fitness, results do not matter at all.

I guess it’s a problem when the objective is that and you don’t have enough first team players playing.

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

It's all about momentum and confidence I guess and learning from last season....

Agreed and I just hope Rodgers isn't so stubborn and egotistical to realise that he also has to learn too. Every season we get the doom and gloom but the reality is, it is mostly about getting minutes under the belt. Nobody is usually going to bust a gut or risk picking up injuries. 

Momentum can be very important and ours was poor momentum since before Christmas if we're honest. But ... it's a new season and it's part of a good manager's job to install confidence and belief. Rodgers is supposedly renowned as a good communicator and man manager according to the media. However there's sometimes a train of thought that after a while, the players at Liverpool and Celtic saw through his blarney. It's difficult to distinguish between truth and rumour so I'm clinging to the hope that it's the former at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

If we wanted signings! We could of gone out and got the usual 4/5 average players already. We’re after quality and that takes time! 

We don’t finish a season and then think, who are we gonna sign.. they would have potential names after last summers window, and again after the winter window. And EL to hopefully attract players also...
Or maybe we don’t have potential names etc...

I just think we are skint and bar maybe a LB, we are going to have to struggle on with what we have..

Our final ball,  decision making on the final ball (pass or shoot) and actual finishing today were no different to the end of last season. 

We need fresh blood to liven it up. Who knows what’s happening on that front. 

Edited by Livid
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Chelsea drew to Brighton today having spent millions.

On the face of it our result and performance wasn't great however I take pre season with a pinch of salt.

I am very confident we can manage atleast 18th this season so cheer up guys.

That wouldn’t be good, would it! 😳😳😳😳

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I guess it’s a problem when the objective is that and you don’t have enough first team players playing.

Would say that’s down to quarantine? No team will be ready for the start of the season. The whole pandemic football has been a joke to be honest. I for one can’t be bothered to watch football until the fans are back. 

I don't think many people are looking at the results and moaning because of that? It's more to do with the fact that we've now got a worse squad than we had last season, and that squad won us 4 in the last 17 games.

I really hoped we'd get 3 or 4 in before the start of the season, but it's not gonna happen, at the minute I'd take even one signing before WBA. 18 months ago I thought that Wes and Albrighton should be playing very sparingly, but it looks like they're gonna be in the match day 18 come the first game of the season.

We're hugely missing N'didi, he's key to a lot of what we do.

• Like 2