Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nickbluefox

What I Want To Know Is Why We Are The Only Team To Yet Make A Signing??!!

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There was some discussion on the fighting cock this morning that Atalanta had an option of an extra year which they invoked at the end of the season .....

Yes, transfermarkt website said his contract ended 2022, but there were numerous reports he was in his last year. 

Well this sound positive from Brendan:

“We're excited by the start to the season. We obviously won't have all our work done on transfer side of things, but we'll have a strong mentality going into the first game and look to start with a winning start.” 

• Like 1

So disappointed. We blew the chance of CL football through a combination of poor management and having a paper thin squad, especially quality-wise. Surely the club should've planned better for this window? We're now heading into the season with either Morgan (!) or Benkovic starting vs WBA having already sold Chilwell and replaced him with a natural RWB. 

We're crying out for a genuine quality winger as well as a CB, LB + a Forward but it seems we're nowhere near signing anyone else at the moment. Even without the addition of Europa League football we'd be struggling to fight on all fronts, with it I'm fearful in what looks like the strongest PL in a while.

I'd like to be optimistic but the second half of last season has scarred me and the lack of recruits this window is alarming given our obvious need to strengthen.

Thing is the owners have always gone about their business in a certain way, The likes of newspapers and Sky sports need to generate income and attention by hyping up everything. We do not have the fan base of the so called big six or Everton West Ham or Newcastle so they get all sorts of claims and links to generate interest and income. Sky alone employ some absolute melts who chat shite for a living and constantly linking the likes of Man Utd with all and sundry generates income and interest and keeps them in a job. Just because baldy and bellend are not shouting out about hot news coming out of Leicester does not mean we are not in talks with clubs, players and agents. No doubt with B R coming out with our business is not finished we will get some exclusive from Sky that Leicester are still in the hunt for new signings 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Frost said:

So disappointed. We blew the chance of CL football through a combination of poor management and having a paper thin squad, especially quality-wise. Surely the club should've planned better for this window? We're now heading into the season with either Morgan (!) or Benkovic starting vs WBA having already sold Chilwell and replaced him with a natural RWB. 

We're crying out for a genuine quality winger as well as a CB, LB + a Forward but it seems we're nowhere near signing anyone else at the moment. Even without the addition of Europa League football we'd be struggling to fight on all fronts, with it I'm fearful in what looks like the strongest PL in a while.

I'd like to be optimistic but the second half of last season has scarred me and the lack of recruits this window is alarming given our obvious need to strengthen.

Benkovic + soyuncu should be good enough for west brom. Justin has looked good for us at lb, not ideal but it will hopefully be fine. RW i agree we are desperately in need of, but im hoping that the club sees that as the priority.

When people (incessantly) harp on about our need for a Right Winger (left footed of course) is this specifically what people want? Or just a quality right sided attacking player?

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

When people (incessantly) harp on about our need for a Right Winger (left footed of course) is this specifically what people want? Or just a quality right sided attacking player?

The hipsters are desperate for an inverted winger. I’d take anyone who delivers quality week in week out and can beat a man. Don’t care if they are right or left footed or no. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Bryn said:

I think it's more than just player availability and financial yeah. Clearly the finances will be a lot tighter than we thought they were going to be in January. But there's clear deficiencies in the squad and I think our response has been atypical of our recent preseasons. I think if we'd made CL they'd have spent big. I think having missed out there's an inclination to have Rodgers make more of what he already has.

Where's that Rudkin and Rodgers photo from yesterday when you really need it. Someone with skill should turn that into a topic and let us go to town on it.

44 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Benkovic + soyuncu should be good enough for west brom. Justin has looked good for us at lb, not ideal but it will hopefully be fine. RW i agree we are desperately in need of, but im hoping that the club sees that as the priority.

Is Benkers fit? Bloke seems to pick hp an injury every other day.

40 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Now you're just trying to start shit.:)

Rodgers said this to LCFC TV yesterday:

"We're excited by the start of the season - we obviously won't have all our work done in the transfer side of things but still, we'll have a strong mentality going into the first game and look to start with a winning start."

That's just for the moaners who think we aren't going to sign anyone and that we have no money...

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

So we go into the first match without Evans, Ricardo, Chilwell and Maddison. However, as long as we have a strong mentality then we'll be alright, says our leader. 

Confident? 

Yes, Jamie Vardy will beat them on his own at The Hawthorns as per usual.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Rodgers said this to LCFC TV yesterday:

"We're excited by the start of the season - we obviously won't have all our work done in the transfer side of things but still, we'll have a strong mentality going into the first game and look to start with a winning start."

That's just for the moaners who think we aren't going to sign anyone and that we have no money...

Yes - we’ll still lose a few more ! 

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

So we go into the first match without Evans, Ricardo, Chilwell and Maddison. However, as long as we have a strong mentality then we'll be alright, says our leader. 

Confident? 

What do you suggest he says?

• Like 1

Confident? 

Only one of those he could do something about and that was Chilwell. 

I get that he isn't the most popular man at the moment but not everything wrong is his doing.

• Like 2

Confident? 

Yes, you? Sharkey will have em on toast :scarf:

Look, at the end day, the big thing to sort is a goalkeeper that can improve in the future. Schmeichel‘s distribution has caught us off one too many times in the last 12 months.

Anyone saying we need a centre back needs to remember we have Benkovic. We expected nothing of Soyuncu last season, and look at him now.

43 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

Why does everyone think WBA are going to be a pushover?  We will be going there with half a reserve side & they will be on a high from getting promotion.

A game we need to win but I can't be confident

Because theyre one of the worst championship sides to be promoted in a while and havent made any major reinforcements. Our team with praet and benko filling in should walk them.

Edited by honeybradger
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Because theyre one of the worst championship sides to be promoted in a while and havent made any major reinforcements. Our team with praet and benko filling in should walk them.

I remember when we went to newly promoted Hull, who had no manager, Jake Livermore at centre back and a load of kids on the bench, as reigning champions on the opening day and lost. I've seen very little from this team in the past nine months or so to give me the confidence that we're going to "walk" anyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1